More on possible Davenport deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More on possible Davenport deal

"If we trade said conditional third rounder, and Davenport wins the starting job and runs for 1200 yards, then we give up a first rounder and are happy to do so."

at this point 1200 yards for a first rounder wont make me too happy actually (if that were to happen). RW ran for a bit more than that last year and we were not a playoff team. i guess i am not optimistic that giving up a high draft choice for the options mentioned most is going to be significantly better than sigining one of the free agents out there without losing any picks. this team isnt getting any younger, and i want the FO to have all the first day draft picks they are suppoosed to for the impending youth movement.

as for Edge, this is not only his 3rd year removed from knee surgery, it is also his contract year. and Indy probably isnt going to be able to afford him with what Manning is being paid. i look for a huge year out of Edge. he will be motivated.

GUYS....Najeh Davenport dropped one through the hoop in some girls closet at UM.....when are we going to go after a good character guy?????

When?????

DPlus47 said:
who's the one peddling b.s.? who thinks america is stupid? can you pay attention at all? the party of personal responsibility that is always passing the buck? it's not lying if you preface it with "the british government has learned"? the party that has more rationales for war than grains of sand in the desert? what does this have to do with the dolphins? with ricky? it's pretty clear that almost nobody in our country understands other cultures. it's pretty clear almost nobody in our country understands that money isn't GOD.

Actually, for your information. It's not lying when "prefaced with the British government has learned" when in fact the British government -- along with the French, Italian, and Australian -- as well as full disclosure by the Niger government -- has in fact learned it. If you're referring to Mr. Joe Wilson that is. The same Joe Wilson who has been thoroughly debunked and abandoned by his former supporters. The same Joe Wilson who as a former ambassador, was never qualified to do the job in the first place, and who the bipartisan Senate intelligence committee recently concluded was "not truthful" in his account of uranium sales from Nigeria to Iraq. A guy who has since admitted he never even saw the "evidence" that supposedly proves a uranium deal wasn't going on.
We now know for certain that Wilson was wrong and that Bush's statement was entirely accurate. On one side there's Brit, Italian, French intelligence, as well as an acknowledge from Niger Iraq was interested in their yellowcake, and a Senate intelligence committee confirmation. On the other hand there's the "What I Didn't Find in Africa" article penned by Wilson -- and, despite a month of front page referrals back in april, doesn't get mentioned at all in the very paper that once published it. Just thought you should know.
As for the U.S. not understanding other cultures, get a grip. Why don't you ask Sudanese Christians if they're "understood" in their country these days. They'll tell you -- whatever is left of them -- that the rest of the world isn't exactly tolerant of, um, other cultures.

inFINSible said:
I know you said it before you read the new article...I was here. ;)

It's exctly what I've been saying since yesterday when the BS excuses about it being Wanny's fault came to light.

It's just amazing to me how the negative fans can blame EVERYTHING on Huizenga, Wannstedt, Spielman, or ANYone that is connected to the Dolphin F-O !!!!

R Williams is / WAS a great r-b but he is also a MAJOR extreme f***ing head-case and a QUITER !!!!! And the sooner that the "apologists" and excuse makers realize these FACTS the better for this team !!!!!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
F*ck it. Just stay with Minor, Henry and Fred Russell. Pick up Edgerrin next off-season.

It would of been great if Ricky stuck to his original plan of playing the 2004 season and retiring afterwards cuz then Miami wouldn't have to suffer through a year like this.

Guess he really disliked the way the O-line looked and felt it wasn't worth it.

Let's sing:

Looking excuses in all the wrong places, Ricky's inlove with all the green patsies..

As people on this board never want to admit..the players are a cause of some of the problems with this team as well..it's not always the FO and Coaching staff..this is a prefect example, but I'm tire of the Ricky's story, I'm ready for those who want to play for this team..can't wait for camp to start.

inFINSible said:
Please, No Deals!!! None! Zero Zip Nada!!! Fini!!

That is my feelings inFINS .....

Let's get our draft picks signed and into camp and see if we can extend C Chambers contract and sign Ogunn to a new contract .....

Lets wait and see what kind of depth that the Dolphins have at the r-b position before they start mortgaging the future AGAIN !!

:D

Marino1983

I agree. Keep ogun. Bite the bullet and go with what we got at RB. Best case scenio is that Minor breaks out and does well. At worst he's a 800-1000 yards back, and we get Edgrin next year

Back
Top Bottom