Mortensen: Manning will not let Colts draft Luck | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen: Manning will not let Colts draft Luck

Take it for what it's worth, but LeBatard (yeah, yeah) said that his friend was having dinner with Peyton Manning when the team decided to cut Jeff Saturday. Peyton made one brief phone call and they came up with 3 million for Saturday. That's nuts.

This is the same type of thing Favre was doing. He didn't want to be replaced and its hard to blame him. The guy is one of the best. Can you imagine how Dan would have felt? Doubt any differently, but this is a business at the same time. Dont see the Colts passing on Luck either way.

Peyton has been advising Andrew Luck for a while now.

Strictly a business decision on Peyton's part if he feels like he can still play, it's not personal.

I agree. If he's going to leave Indy, it's going to be strictly business. However, I'm sure none of the fans want to see Manning go to another team.

Chris Mortensen just said that Peyton Manning will not allow the drafting of Andrew Luck in Indianapolis and will demand to be traded or released if that happens. Phil Simms also said there is no way Peyton Manning will want to mentor Luck and he doesn't want him on the Colts roster.

Manning isn't stupid. He knows that "mentoring" Luck isn't going to work or happen partially because Luck does not need to be mentored; Luck needs to be and will want to be in the game week 1 of the 2012 season.

This is news? I have been saying this for weeks - Luck doesn't help PM - period

A couple of weeks ago I would have said they take Luck, but I'm starting to change my mind. I think when the draft comes around, if it looks like Manning is healthy and his neck is okay, maybe they trade the pick and draft some guys to make another good run with Manning. If Manning's got three or four years left in the tank, that's pretty much Luck's entire rookie contract. I just can't see them pushing Manning aside.

How can Manning mentor Luck, but Dieon couldn't mentor Dez?

Here are some things to note:

1. If there's any team Luck will pull an "Eli" or "Elway" to, it will be to the Colts. He does not need to sit down behind anyone, Luck was ready to be a starter in this league last year.

2. My assumption is he has too much respect for Peyton and would not want to be the one to dethrone him forcing Peyton to get traded and/or released, especially after everything Peyton has done for that franchise.

3. The Colts BARELY have talent, we are more talented than the Colts on BOTH sides of the ball so we are more attractive to Luck.

4. The Colts coaching staff is BEYOND terrible and I don't see any of them getting fired as they will get slack because of Peyton's injury. We will have a new regime, lead by either Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, or Carmichael. All much more attractive than the Colts' staff.

5. If for some reason the Colts take Luck and he stays there, Peyton is leaving and we should be ON TOP OF THAT, getting him to Miami and have Jones or Barkley learn behind him. Peyton's career is not over, he still got a lot left just like when Montana lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship, I think Peyton can and will make another team a contender again.

i was listening to wfan mike francesa today, and he was basically saying the same thing. However, it seems a bit strange.

first of all, did peyton actually come out and say this, or is this speculation? im pretty sure right now its speculation and nothing else. until peyton actually says it, its a non issue.

secondly, as people have mentioned, it seems a bit weird because its not like their is any adversity between the mannings and lucks, and they are even friends. If anything, luck would be the one saying he does not want to go to indy because he wants to start right away, not manning saying he does not want luck, especially if they wont force manning out until he is ready to retire.

just like mike francesa was saying today about this, morts story is most likely just speculation, not actual quotes from peyton himself.

Mike Francesa gets no credability with anything. They guy got hung up on by Revis and I heard it live it was hilarious!!! NFL players hate this guy! He is so ignorant to his fans, and of course MIKEY knows everything! I call up with Dolphin questions all the time and ever since his best friend Parcells left, he hasn't had anything good to say about them. Hes a joke! and hes my best friends Uncle which makes it even harder on me.

Mortensen is wrong a lot lately. What a potentially sticky situation in Indy. Terrible coaches. Terrible recent drafts. No young talent. As bad as we are, we're a better situation by far for a young QB.

Mortensen is wrong a lot lately. What a potentially sticky situation in Indy. Terrible coaches. Terrible recent drafts. No young talent. As bad as we are, we're a better situation by far for a young QB.

Couldn't believe Jim Caldwell got that job.

:idk:

Couldn't believe Jim Caldwell got that job.

:idk:
Distinguished coach handing the HC job to a wildly underqualified buddy... wonder why that sounds familiar...

Here are some things to note:

1. If there's any team Luck will pull an "Eli" or "Elway" to, it will be to the Colts. He does not need to sit down behind anyone, Luck was ready to be a starter in this league last year.

2. My assumption is he has too much respect for Peyton and would not want to be the one to dethrone him forcing Peyton to get traded and/or released, especially after everything Peyton has done for that franchise.

3. The Colts BARELY have talent, we are more talented than the Colts on BOTH sides of the ball so we are more attractive to Luck.

4. The Colts coaching staff is BEYOND terrible and I don't see any of them getting fired as they will get slack because of Peyton's injury. We will have a new regime, lead by either Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, or Carmichael. All much more attractive than the Colts' staff.

5. If for some reason the Colts take Luck and he stays there, Peyton is leaving and we should be ON TOP OF THAT, getting him to Miami and have Jones or Barkley learn behind him. Peyton's career is not over, he still got a lot left just like when Montana lead the Chiefs to the AFC Championship, I think Peyton can and will make another team a contender again.
Any trade involving Manning or Luck will involve this years first round pick so there wuld be no Manning and Jones.

the Colts will most likely get the first pick and they will either get Luck or set themselves up with multiple fitst rounders.

at least Dolphins organization and fans can say we never ever EVER allow anyone to think of trading Marino.

We treat our star QB's the right way. Colts fans don't deserve Luck and Manning might even bad mouth the Colts organization if they trade him or piss away his final chances at a super bowl

at least Dolphins organization and fans can say we never ever EVER allow anyone to think of trading Marino.

We treat our star QB's the right way. Colts fans don't deserve Luck and Manning might even bad mouth the Colts organization if they trade him or piss away his final chances at a super bowl
... We kind of pushed him into retirement. JJ's offense was also kind of insulting to Danny. It really doesn't feel like we did him right at the end.

Of course there were also some moronic fans and members of the media (sup Cote) who thought we should keep Scott Mitchell and trade Marino when he got injured. Thankfully, that was too stupid to be taken seriously by the majority, but it shows how truly worthless some opinions are.

Back
Top Bottom