Mosley vs. Ebron at 19 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mosley vs. Ebron at 19

I'd take Ebron over Mosley, but I wouldn't be thrilled with either at 19. Ebron's primary strength - to my eyes - is his RAC ability. For a TE, he's outstanding with the ball in his hands. But I agree with xwarx in regard to Ebron not using his size well, and for a guy who is supposed to be an elite athlete (I think he's good, not elite), he doesn't get a lot of separation. His drop% is also much higher than you'd like.

As far as Mosley, I have at least 3 Safeties, 5 CB's, 4 OLB's, 3 DT's, and 2 DE's rated higher. I don't think he and Willis should be mentioned in the same sentence. People knock Shazier for his size, but Mosley weighed in 3 lbs less than Shazier and - to my eyes - is much less physical with O-linemen. So I have at least 17 defensive players rated ahead of Mosley. Given that we're drafting at 19 and that there are three outstanding OT's and a strong group of WR's, drafting Mosley would mean passing on a better player. Mosley is solid, and I'd give him a mid-to-late 1st RD grade, but this draft has more than 32 1st RD talents.

I've been debating out of three players, two mentioned here. My three are Mosley, Ebron and Martin. Do to our current situation I'd have to go with Mosley then Martin and Ebron if all were available.

we love amaro though. If Ebron is there at 19, its possible w trade down and get him. perfect trade chip.

also, if they do move misi inside, less likely for mosely and maybe we go shazier.

but if martin is there, its martin.

I'd take Ebron over Mosley, but I wouldn't be thrilled with either at 19. Ebron's primary strength - to my eyes - is his RAC ability. For a TE, he's outstanding with the ball in his hands. But I agree with xwarx in regard to Ebron not using his size well, and for a guy who is supposed to be an elite athlete (I think he's good, not elite), he doesn't get a lot of separation. His drop% is also much higher than you'd like.

As far as Mosley, I have at least 3 Safeties, 5 CB's, 4 OLB's, 3 DT's, and 2 DE's rated higher. I don't think he and Willis should be mentioned in the same sentence. People knock Shazier for his size, but Mosley weighed in 3 lbs less than Shazier and - to my eyes - is much less physical with O-linemen. So I have at least 17 defensive players rated ahead of Mosley. Given that we're drafting at 19 and that there are three outstanding OT's and a strong group of WR's, drafting Mosley would mean passing on a better player. Mosley is solid, and I'd give him a mid-to-late 1st RD grade, but this draft has more than 32 1st RD talents.

I agree, Mosley is not Willis by any means, but I also don't think Willis cam do what mosley can in the open field. I'm not a huge fan of shazier, I think he over shoots quite often. I probably havnt watched as much of him as I should though.

But I do think your underratong just how much of the field mosley covers, to me thats his value. Earlier I compared him earl Thomas, and that's why. Mosley kind of does in the front half of the field what Thomas does in the back half. with these offenses in today's league, running high tempo and spreading you out, you need these guys with brains and ability to cover space. That's pretty hard to find, so I just cant see how you have to so many defensive players rated above him.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

we love amaro though. If Ebron is there at 19, its possible w trade down and get him. perfect trade chip.

also, if they do move misi inside, less likely for mosely and maybe we go shazier.

but if martin is there, its martin.

Not just misi, but let's not forget jelani Jenkins, towards the end of the season when he got more burn, he looked pretty good.

Chris Borland will have a better career than Mosley.

Back
Top Bottom