Moss to Leave Raider Nation | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moss to Leave Raider Nation

Rebar71 said:
In a heartbeat.

This chemistry stuff is nonsense beause 1) our offense has no chemistry right now AND 2) Moss & Culpepper already have said chemistry.

And to those who say we already have receiver depth - sure we do. Too bad they can't get open though.

The only bad thing is that would probably take Chambers to get him. But really, so what. Chambers isn't doing squat right now anyway - except running reverses.

If they'll take Booker and pick - SWEET. They might. Moss could really lower his trade value if he publicly demands it - and names where he wants to go. But even if it costs Chambers - I'd still do it.

I wouldn't do it for Chambers.

BRING HIM HERE
Im sure culpepper wont hold the ball as long as he's holding it now. HE would start launching the ball again like he use to

you double moss. chambers is an elite number 2 reciever. he isnt good enough to carry a team, like a hines ward or chad johnson - or randy moss. culpepper and randy moss are amazing together. moss is much better than chambers. trade booker and a third. this is what we would need to be dominant on offense. man i cant tell you how exciting this would be. really hope it happens. booker sucks, has a bad attitude and needs to be gone. he sulks all the time, complains about the offense not being good yet but drops passes and falls when open. i say when open, cause he doesnt get open that often

how about #1 pick and booker

either way we're going to F up our draft so just trade the #1 pick. imagen if we traded last years pick for someone good instead of allen who can get no minutes

Tigers2003 said:
Bingo! He would kill any type of chemistry we have. We need OL help. At this juncture if the OL woes continue this year I would not be shocked if two of our top three draft picks in '07 were for OL.
What chemistry? This team is horrible right now. They're lucky not to be 0 and 4. Maybe Moss (if he could be had cheap) could help turn things around. If you look at it, if you have Chambers on one side, Moss on the other, who the heck are you going to double. This would also keep safeties out of the box and open up the running game. That alone should make the o-line look better. I say if it can be done for cheap, then by all means do it. This team has nothing to lose right now.

Dolfan984 said:
I'm thinkin past this year. Chambers and Moss would probably be a top 3 receiving core. Who do you double cover?

No one. You're too busy sacking Daunte.

I see your point, jokes aside, but let's be honest.... we've heard this point all off season: Who do you double? Booker/McMichael/Chambers/Brown....

And, you see what we have right now: a league high 21 sacks. We would need 5 - 7 step drops to get Randy the ball. He's NOT a short-intermediate route runner. His longer routes would actually make us worse waiting for the deep pattern to develop.

We are not doing anything to protect CPepp.

I would love to see Randy on the team... but I tend to believe Culpepper's sacks would translate into INTs as he begins hurling the ball too early in an effort to get it to Randy. Not the "Randy Ratio" mind you.... but his overconfidence in Randy might make him more quick to throw the ball up for grabs instead of taking the sack.

NathanHunt said:

I see your point, jokes aside, but let's be honest.... we've heard this point all off season: Who do you double? Booker/McMichael/Chambers/Brown....

And, you see what we have right now: a league high 21 sacks. We would need 5 - 7 step drops to get Randy the ball. He's NOT a short-intermediate route runner. His longer routes would actually make us worse waiting for the deep pattern to develop.

I would love to see Randy on the team... but I tend to believe Culpepper's sacks would translate into INTs as he begins hurling the ball too early in an effort to get it to Randy. Not the "Randy Ratio" mind you.... but his overconfidence in Randy might make him more quick to throw the ball up for grabs instead of taking the sack.

He ran one of the fastest 40 times in NFL history and no cb can run with him. Have you not seen him absolutely demolish double and triple coverage?

Has this 'interview' or piece of news actually come out on the NFL NEtwork or is it still just hear-say by a guy saying ''go check it out, it's important''?

FrankP said:
Has this 'interview' or piece of news actually come out on the NFL NEtwork or is it still just hear-say by a guy saying ''go check it out, it's important''?

Regardless, it doesn't take rocket science to understand Moss is unhappy and the Raiders are terrible.

NathanHunt said:

Thats not true. Minny always used the same flanker screen we use with chambers and short crosses and slants just to get randy the ball and get it out of culpeppers hands.

If they'll take Booker and pick - SWEET. They might.
They really might. With Porter on the outs with them they need multiple bodies and if Randy is starting to want out, they may need to get rid of him while the getting is good. The cap would probably get in the way though. Booker is on the third year of his contract but this is only the second year for Moss. I don't remember how long either of their contracts are but I'd guess Oakland would take a huge cap hit if they traded Moss.

Back
Top Bottom