muhammed rumor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

muhammed rumor

obsessivefinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I recently heard a rumor on talk radio that the panthers may be releasing mushin muhammed on June 1st and the dolphins are said to be most interested in signing him, i think he would make a great 3rd wr and his good hands and decent route running would complement boston and chambers wonderfully, what do you guys think?

That sounds pretty good to me but I also think that Snoop Minnis is going to surprise a few people.

He was a top receiver 2 years ago when injuries that he is starting to battle out occur. If healthy i think he's one of the best wr's in the league.

Love to see that happen. But the price tag will most likely scare away the org. I'm afraid. But it would be an excellent addition which would justifiably fortify many areas of the offense besides just the passing game.

IM not sure if i believe this rumor. I say this because there was also rumors going arround before that miami was looking at randy moss. And that was false. And mohammed steped it up big in the superbowl hes really starting to make a name for himself so he will probably want big money, and that money that miami unfortunatly doesnt have.

saves said:
if the price is right...

Exactamundo!!! only if he doesnt want big money this will happen... and im not too sure bout wut he wants... or will want.I would be happy if it did happen he is pretty good...

:shakeno: It all sounds good, but I'm still waiting to see who will be throwing the damn ball to them!!!:shakeno:

Mushin would be foolish to come to Miami when he could sign with the Ravens and be a major part of their offense. They have a good young QB, and outstanding coach, and the best player in the NFL on defense. Now I know they still may be a year away, but to me Baltimore would be a much better fit. I don't know their cap situation, so that may prohibit it. But we'll see.

I have a hard time believing this considering we have more than a few WRs on the roster. Are you telling me that not one of these guys is good enough to be our 3rd reciever?

Don't get me wrong I'd be happy to have Mushin to compete for a spot.

Would he want to compete to be number 3 though? Doubtful.

Would it be wise to spend relativley big bucks for a 3rd WR, when there are other pressing needs (LB depth, DLine depth) ? Doubtful.

Im sure 1 or 2 of our current WRs can step it up (Tolver/Minnis/DerT).

I think I heard John Fox say that he "wasn't going anywhere", but it would be a good addition provided Ogun is signed first and he signs for the minimum so that his cap hit would be minimal....I don't see that happening...Hopefully, Ogun will be signed soon too...we'll see I guess...

We have about ten decent receivers after Chambers and Boston, I have a feeling we have a diamond in the rough already on our roster waiting to step up as our three! We are bound to catch a few breaks soon, It all cant continue at the rate we are going. Lets pray to the football gods to give us some very much needed breaks. GO PHINS!!!!

We have about ten decent receivers after Chambers and Boston, I have a feeling we have a diamond in the rough already on our roster waiting to step up as our three! We are bound to catch a few breaks soon, It all cant continue at the rate we are going. Lets pray to the football gods to give us some very much needed breaks. GO PHINS!!!!

Our WRs after Boston and Chambers are not scaring anyone, and they shouldn't. They are a bunch of retread never-have-beens, or young guys who just weren't all that talented coming out of the draft, and likely will not make the mammoth ascension to quality NFL WR. I'm sorry, but its wishful thinking assuming we have a diamond in the rough. We don't even have a James McKnight who can fill in as a starter in a pinch, or an Oronde Gadsden. We are one injury away, from fielding Derrius Thompson as a starter again, and look where that got us last year? 26 catches for a starter is bad, REALLY bad, especially for a Norv Turner starter. Maybe Derrius or another guy will surprise us, but we should not assume it.

This rumor is not very hard to believe at all. It strikes me as something Spielman would definitely consider very strongly, especially given David Boston's question marks...injury question marks that is. He already has missed some time with shin splints. We'll see what Muhsin's price tag is, but don't be surprised if this happens.

We need to lock up Chambers and Ogun long term though, so we should concentrate on that for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom