muhammed rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

muhammed rumor

He'd be about the best 3rd WR we could find. Even a good starter.

Is there any basis to these rumors?? Meaning, is Muhammad's cap number too high?? I can't see him leaving. All they have behind him is 36-year old Ricky Proehl. I think he'd restructure before leaving.

Actually Muck they signed Kevin Dyson last year who was supposed to be a big contributor but he injured himself for the year in trainning camp or mini camp. They drafted Colbert(2nd) and Carter(5th) as well.

I'd love to have MM. :D

He'd certainly make us more dangerous. If we could somehow sign MM, we could have the best WR corps in the NFL IMO. It's highly possible, and even though we've got tons of competition in camp right now, none have really stepped up except Minnis / and Newson....

I'm hoping WR's D. Thompson and JR Tolver will start to stand out once TC starts. Both should be in the race for the #3 position. I'd love to have MM in there as well... :)

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Yeah, the Panthers could field a WR corp with Smith, Dyson, Proehl, and Colbert...with Drew Carter being the Mr. Irrelevant. That is a good mix of veterans and youth. It wouldn't be that strong of a WR corp, but it would probably be stronger than what the Dolphins fielded last year.

Don't get all excited and talking about Boston, Chambers, and Muhammad forming the best trio of WRs the NFL has ever seen or anything. They wouldn't be super-human, but it would be a strength for this offense...and with our QB and OL situations it needs to be. We need to be able to take Konrad off the field when we are behind, and be able to pass the ball around. We also need good insurance in case Boston or Chambers go down because they both have had injuries in the past (Chambers concussion and problems at the end of rookie season, Boston plenty of leg troubles weight issues).

Muhammad would be a good acquisition for us but only if we have the money left over after getting Ogun and Chambers locked longterm...and only if Muhammad gets released. We don't even know he's going anywhere yet.

And btw, the best WR corp in the NFL is whatever WR corp has Randy Moss in it. Sorry he's just that good. Also the trio of Holt, Bruce, and Dane Looker would give the Boston, Chambers, Muhammad trio a good run for their money, and also the trio of Burress, Ward, and Randall-El would not only give a good run, but probably leave us in the dust...

I like MM, but hard to see us paying the going rate for the guy when we have already said that we are not going to run a lot of 3 wr sets. MM is going to get starter money from someone.

I think the Ravens , Chiefs, and Chargers would be interested in MM thats just off the top of my head, which could raise his price tag.

I believe people over rate how much people get paid after the June 1st cut.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think you might be overestimating the "going rate" for Muhammad after June 1st...

My cinnamins exactly. There's a reason guys get cut... $$$$. It's all about the cap baby.

Guys that get the axe after June 1 are usually thankful to find a roster spot with anyone willing to pay them DECENT money. 1 year sitting at home can spell doom for a FA. Smarter FA's know to keep their name on the map SOMEWHERE.

More than likely, if MM is cut, there will be a bidding war between a couple of teams. But, it won't be over MILLIONS of $$$$ in a long term deal. He'll probably be looking for a 1 year stint in the $1M - $1.5M range. Then resurface in FA next year looking for a long term deal. Simply put, no team is going to sign him long term after June 1 when they haven't seen how he works in their system. There's too many unknowns.

Not too mention most teams would have spent their major FA money by then.

I think Baltimore, Minnesota, San Fran, Miami, Indy, Atlanta, Tampa and maybe Green Bay could all be players for his services. COULD BE, not definite.

I think IF he is cut and chooses one team's offer over another, it will come down to the position offered (#2 or #3) and the minor differences in $$$. JMO

I think Tampa will be happy with Joey Galloway, Keenan McCardell, and rookie Michael Clayton, who has been very impressive so far in mini-camps.

Baltimore will definitely jump at the chance, Minnesota maybe, San Fran will probably put out some feelers because Rashaun Woods has looked lost out there so far, I doubt Indy bites with the cap situation they are in plus having the guys they currently have on the roster...the other guys, who knows.

Remember the cap. San Fran has NO money, that is why Ken Dorsey might be their starting quarterback next year

I think Tampa feels they have enough big possession type guys, as Joe Juravicious will also be coming back. Then again, Muhammad is over 30. So that automatically means Gruden has interest in him. :lol:

I think there will be one team that will look at their off-season panic and pay too much for MM. There is always one, and we will express and interest and then conclude he is not worth the money (See, Woody, Taite, Wade etc.).

I could be wrong, but history is on my side.

Back
Top Bottom