muhammed rumor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

muhammed rumor

(See, Woody, Taite, Wade etc.).

I could be wrong, but history is on my side.

No, its not. June 1st cuts are a whole different ball game. There just isn't much left in the way of funding that far into the offseason. If Muhammad was available in February, yeah, history would be on your side. But in June, nope. In June, you can expect him to sign for at most, what NathanHunt said...probably a one year deal worth between $1 million and $1.5 million.

ckparrothead said:
No, its not. June 1st cuts are a whole different ball game. There just isn't much left in the way of funding that far into the offseason. If Muhammad was available in February, yeah, history would be on your side. But in June, nope. In June, you can expect him to sign for at most, what NathanHunt said...probably a one year deal worth between $1 million and $1.5 million.

I think that is generally true, but MM will probably have a bit more play than your average cut. Players off superbowl teams seem to get more attention than they probably deserve. Anyone remember the Raiders signing Larry Brown to that huge contract after he was Superbowl MVP. I think they did it the year before with Desmond Howard, kick returner out of Michigan.

But, assuming for a second that you are right and teams are either smarter or tighter against the cap, do you think the Dolphins would pay 1.5 million for a 3rd receiver? Especially while managing the cap and trying to sign Ogun and Chambers?

I'm not sure that it would be a Rick style move.

Back
Top Bottom