My game by game score prediction: Warning it's realistic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My game by game score prediction: Warning it's realistic

LOT34:

border line REALISTIC, some wishful thinking here and there, but, your still welcome into the FINHEAVEN REALISTS MALITIA, myself being the defacto president.

MY DIFFERENCES: i think the pats will win the division going away. brady appears to be on a mission and that team has shown when you think they have a fork in them, they come back better than ever!! they win both games.

the BILLS scare me. yeah, its pre season and teams that look good sometimes are flop in the real games, but on the other side, some bad looking pre season teams make the playoffs. all we can do is judge by what we see NOW. and the bills DO look improved. they look hungry, fast and on a mission. their scoring lots of points.

THE JETS. they always scare me because they ALWAYS play us hard and even in their worse times they have beat on us. i dont think the jets will be quite as pukey as most think, but their going no where near the playoffs. it wont suprise me if we sweep them, it wont suprise me if they sweep us. i say we split with them. nothing is off the table on jet day.

THE BROWNS: they have the defense to stop us. they have the ability to score more points than us with the defense keeping us in check. 17 points should win that game and i think the BROWNS will score just that. Browns 20, Fins 10.

RAVENS: as of now, they look very strong, like they havnt lost a step. offense is clicking. if i was going to have to bet the family's household money, i would bet RAVENS. as of now, i think their defense can stop our offense just enough to win the game. either way this one could go. being a REALIST, i would be grinding my teeth and wincing picking a miami win, no matter how bad i want to beat that team. glad RIPPER RAY is gone.

INDY: as of now, their offense has the ability to score the points they need for a win. i see an IMPROVED andrew luck and he was pretty good last year and beat us. i think our defense is improved in places and will be pretty good, our starting front line is stout and i like the rotation players. a FORCE. lb's? i like the starters. no depth though. and i am NOT sold on this secondary at all. even if grimes injuries dont re appear, you cant win with one good corner. reshad jones is a good player and i see pro bowls in his near future. NOT an ed reed though and you cant win with one good cb and one good safety. i REALLY like #29. the kid has shown to be a TRUE ball hawk in camp and in all but one pre game. but, we all know he is not the starter on either side. he has some liabilities right now and was a bit exposed by the texans. he will get a few pics, but, he has a lot to learn in nfl coverage. reminds me a bit of sam maddison in his first camp. havnt seen enough taylor. the rest? yuk!! although patterson is a dark horse and IS better than the now long gong richard marshall.

I HAVE SAID THIS WHOLE OFF SEASON that this years team would go as far as tanny and the secondary go. what i didnt expect was the ugly, down right scary play of the o-line. its bad enough that even if tanny shows some improvement and the secondary is at least respectable, they could kill the whole thing. ireland better find some people and FAST!!

ANYTHING can happen in the regular season. this is true. but all we can go on is what we see NOW, and in the spirit of TRUE realism, we have some problems. enough that 9-7 could be BIG TIME wishful thinking.

good post though. no blindness detected or pie in the sky. the things you said all could happen. no blind homerish "were going to the bowl, undefeated" thought process. handled with care as a realist should.

===============================================

JOIN ME!!!! :enforcer:

BECOME A LIFE MEMBER OF THE KENTUCKY HEAD HUNTERS FAN CLUB.

[THE FINEST ROOTS ROCK BAND IN AMERICA]

I don't necessarily agree with your grim prediction but I like your taste in music. Have you been down to Dumas Walker? Get me a slaw, burger, fries, and a bottle of Skeet!

Here is the problem with those predictions, and they seem spot on, but only validates what we are.
We can't continue to score mid 20s in points and win in todays NFL.
Just a couple games a season I want to beat the crap out of someone 42-14 like NE does every year.
I just want to be dominant for a couple seasons in a row and be playoff contenders.

Last year the Jets put up 48 points on the Bills in week 1 and they suck.
The Pats put up 52 points on the Bills week 4.
We never got over 35 points all season in a game.

What did we go against the Bills? We Lost 14-19 and we won 24-10 late in the season.

We had ONLY TWO games with 30+ points. one of them being 30 points in the killing we did against the Jets. (that felt good)
And the other when we beat the dam raiders 35-13 before they got better.

For comparison in 2012:
The Bills went over 30 points 4 times. Twice as many times as we did. The bills.
The Pats went over 30 points 11 fricking times including once in the playoffs. They went over 40 points 6 times. and went over 50 points twice. They nearly put up 60 on the Colts who are a good team.
The Jets went over 30 points only twice just like us and they went 6-10 just like the Bills and we were 7-9.

We cannot put up 23 points per game and continue to think we can play with the big boys. I hope we really setup it up this year.

I think the Fins go 9-7 after a fast start including a strafing of the Colts (not as good as they looked last year) to win the first two. Split with Buff and NE, sweep the Jets Destroy San Diego. Atlanta through NE is a tough stretch.

We were competitive last year, and I think we'll be more competitive this year.

Competitive last year? Our loss at New England was competitive? We got our a** kicked in multiple games. The irrational optimism hormones are strong this time of year.

5-3 at home is totally un-acceptable.. IMO

We were 5-3 last year at home. A 9-7 record with 4 wins coming from @Browns, @Colts, @Saints, @Bucs, @Steelers, @Patriots, or @Bills/Jets and 5 wins home would be pretty decent considering that we've recently been worst at home and better on the road.

Hogwash. The defense is much better than your indications, esp early in season and esp against Pitt and Carolina. So Tannehill throws 24 TD's, who gets the other amount after Wallace?

Michael Egnew: 85 catches, 1076 yards, 13 TD's. Book it.

:tumbleweed:

Dolphins 23 Browns 16
Colts 24 Dolphins 20
Dolphins 24 Falcons 21
Dolphins 34 Saints 31
Ravens 30 Dolphins 17
BYE
Dolphins 24 Bills 23
Patriots 33 Dolphins 21
Dolphins 20 Bengals 17
Bucs 17 Dolphins 13
Dolphins 23 Chargers 10
Panthers 24 Dolphins 17
Dolphins 9 Jets 3
Steelers 21 Dolphins 10
Dolphins 23 Patriots 21
Dolphins 27 Bills 13
Dolphins 16 Jets 7
Divisional games are tossups

9 to 10 wins if a. Tannehill improves, b. The defense is as good as advertised, and c. The O-Line can at least be top 20.

Competitive last year? Our loss at New England was competitive? We got our a** kicked in multiple games. The irrational optimism hormones are strong this time of year.
2 FGs away from being 9-7. That's competitive in my book.

Playoff caliber defense, top 10 draft pick offense. Anything can happen. We've seen this movie before, and none of us like the ending.

what a waste of time

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

might as well drawn numbers from a hat, cant wait for season to start.............another useless thread

Hope you're wrong about the Panthers game cause that'll probably be the one I go to.

I think we're gonna start off real slow and finish strong so the only "realistic" prediction I'll make right now is this place is gonna be a mad house during the bye week, and not in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEVIL:

Saying the Browns unequivocally have the ability to score more points is not only unrealistic, Mr. Reality, but absurd.

cut and paste in my post where i said "UNEQUIVOCALLY? oh, you cant. because i didnt say that. now THAT is whats "absurd".

I don't think you're so much of a realist, but a "look at me!! I'm a contrarian! Give me attention!" type of poster.

wow. your feelings are so hurt over my opinion you resort to PERSONAL ATTACKS? this is a message board. its supposed to be about opinions and supposed to be fun. your emotions seem to be out of control and your taking it out personaly instead of just football talk. theres anger in your post and there shouldnt be. expecially since NON was sent YOUR way. and UNPROVOKED, PERSONAL ATTACK is not in spirit of the board.

who should go out and run the kids off the lawn? deep breath man.

==========================================================

JOIN ME!!!! :enforcer:

BECOME A LIFE MEMBER OF THE KENTUCKY HEAD HUNTERS FAN CLUB.

[THE FINEST ROOTS ROCK BAND IN AMERICA]

KH01.jpg

what a waste of time

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

might as well drawn numbers from a hat, cant wait for season to start.............another useless thread

you saw the thread title and chose to come in, what were you expecting?

Back
Top Bottom