My goodness Te'o | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My goodness Te'o

:lol: @ Omar's tweet:

OmarKelly Spent 20 mins out my life reading Deadspins piece on Manti Te'o's fake,dead girlfriend. Great reporting, but I'm left thinking...who cares

Two things.

1.) One of the most famous athletes in America apparently invented a dead girlfriend for the publicity... and no one should care???
2.) It took you 20 minutes to read that story? Did you sound out each word phonetically or something?

Yeesh. :lol:

He is either a ridiculous liar, a ridiculous idiot, or both.

Don't want this guy on our team.

Manti Teo is a joke. Teo's character still >>> Ray Lewis' character though.

One made a 3rd graders lie and built up a heisman push off of it. The other lied about people who actually were murdered.

ESPN is currently burying Teo. Just as soon as they finished with a segment on him, they go straight to some footage glorifying Ray Lewis. :bobdole:

yeah Manti's lines about being duped are straight up bull. Too many inconsistencies there from him alone to say he didn't know.

The only thing that would make this story -that much better- is if the Jets drafted him with their 1st pick.

yeah Manti's lines about being duped are straight up bull. Too many inconsistencies there from him alone to say he didn't know.

Wow what a sad story. A similar thing happened to me. I met this girl named Donna back in 1998 in an AOL chat room. We emailed me each other just about every day, and I talked to her about five times over the phone. We only lived about 300 miles apart, and I asked her a few times if she would like to meet up and each time she made up some kind of an excuse. Anyway, I found out about three years ago that she could never meet up because the entire 14 years that I knew her, she was married. Despite this we ended up staying friends but things were never really the same. Last Summer I hadn't heard from here in a few months and I thought she was mad at me. I ended up typing her name into Google and I found an obituary for her....she had been sick for a few months and died in a hospital of pneumonia. I never got the chance to meet her in person. You just have to be really careful when you chat or email with people online as you never know if they are being upfront with you.

I don't think he did this for publicity. Logically there's only 2 reasons for a guy to make up having a girlfriend. #1 he's 12 years old and he wants to impress his friends. #2 he's gay

The fact is that the risk of this lie far out weighs doing this just for publicity's sake. The kid plays at Notre Dame, he doesn't need more publicity.

I don't think he did this for publicity. Logically there's only 2 reasons for a guy to make up having a girlfriend. #1 he's 12 years old and he wants to impress his friends. #2 he's gay

The fact is that the risk of this lie far out weighs doing this just for publicity's sake. The kid plays at Notre Dame, he doesn't need more publicity.

I hate to judge before all the facts are in, but "logically" probably isn't a word that should be used too often with this story.

one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...faking a fake girlfriends death...what a clown

one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...faking a fake girlfriends death...what a clown

I tell you what, I'm not ruling out that he really was duped. Stanford players are on record saying he used to ask them after their games if they knew his girlfriend (who supposedly went there). Also the kid is Mormon and I've known some Mormons in my day; they are very nice but also rather nieve and gullable. The kid may just be a rube.

Luke Kuechley never played a team like Bama.

Hell Luke would've gotten beasted in by B. Jones too.

How can you make that statement when he has a year in the pros (I'd imagine every team he played was a league above Alabama...hence the letters "NFL"), not to mention he led the league in tackles.

Back
Top Bottom