My Mini Camp Assesment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mini Camp Assesment

enigmatics said:
Can we please be real for a moment.........AJ Feeley future Pro Bowler????? I liked your writeup, but c'mon man.........really now....... how could anyone possibly come up with that conclusion given the amount of ball he's actually played both in college and in the pro's??? I'm all for optimism, but that's sorta blind optimism.
Finsflurry said:
if he can show this much improvement over the next 2 months my friends we will have a borderline Pro Bowl QB on our hands.
In all fairness he said "if" & "borderline". How come it's OK for someone to bash Feeley saying he won't amount to anything, but if someone suggests he may do well they are a "blind optimist"? I notice this happens a lot on Dolphins message boards.

I'm envious of you guys that get to watch mini camps/training camp! I'd be there every freakin' day. I go watch the Bengals every now and then:cry: , since their training camp is only 30-45 minutes from here.

i hope he does become a pro bowl qb not likely but nothing else would make me happier except ofcourse SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!

Let the games begin July 31! May the best players come out and whipp the afc,and then the nfc in the Superbowl.

good analysis and a nice read but its wayyy to baised...realisticly speaking, if we actually had the grades you gave us, we'd be a sure shot for the superbowl :)

Atila said:
good analysis and a nice read but its wayyy to baised...realisticly speaking, if we actually had the grades you gave us, we'd be a sure shot for the superbowl :)

Actually we do have a very good shot at the superbowl buddy...we have one of the most dominant defenses in the NFL along with superb special teams and an improving offense. NE was the champ last year and if you didn't notice they struggled mightily to beat us, if we had caught a couple breaks it might have been us hoisting up the trophy. You make it seem as though we have no chance at the Superbowl, do you honestly believe we are that far off? If so I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Finsflurry said:
Who said I came to that conclusion, I said if he continues to progress
and maximize his abitlities then yes he does have the potential to be a
pro bowl QB. Stop twisting my words around, he has all the tools in
the world to be a great QB and if he chooses to put in the work then
he'll be a borderline Pro bowl qb or better. There is not one good reason
you can give me as to why he can't get to that level...oh yeah sorry his name's not Jay Fiedler so he must suck in your eyes.

Well you're the first of your kind my friend. You don't see Ron Wolf going on record claiming future pro-bowls for AJ Feeley and Wolf is the guy everyone quotes when it comes to showing why we traded for him. Some of you guys make the guy out to be Robo-QB........let the man get in there and play some ball before you start making outlandish predictions, even if they are preceeded by the words "ability" or "he could possibly." I'm all for it man, I'm all for AJ playin' in Pro Bowls or winning championships........he's a Miami Dolphin now, I got nothin' but love. I just think you're talking way too prematurely. Let's keep our eyes focused on "productivity" right now and let see how it plays out.

I suppose you were talkin' all the pro-bowl junk on draft day when the Eagles took him though, right?

KYfinfan said:
In all fairness he said "if" & "borderline". How come it's OK for someone to bash Feeley saying he won't amount to anything, but if someone suggests he may do well they are a "blind optimist"? I notice this happens a lot on Dolphins message boards.

I'm envious of you guys that get to watch mini camps/training camp! I'd be there every freakin' day. I go watch the Bengals every now and then:cry: , since their training camp is only 30-45 minutes from here.

As I said to what's his face, I'm all for Feeley bein' in Pro Bowls. But please give me clear cut indications this man is headed that way??? I would like to see'em. He can be accurate, he can throw a decent deep ball. So what??? there's been alot of QB's with those attributes. All that sounds just so convenient. Since he's been in the league I've never read anything that got close to mentioning the two in the same breathe. He's got some skills to be "productive" in this league, but IMO talking Pro-Bowls and elite levels is just way too damn premature.

"CRASH" Jenkins? Updates please...

I'm a big fan of Corey Jenkins, as he played at my alma mater, the University of South Carolina. Can you tell me how he's been doing in camp? And also, why do some of you guys on here call him "CRASH"?

Thanks and I enjoyed your excellent writeup....

enigmatics said:
Well you're the first of your kind my friend. You don't see Ron Wolf going on record claiming future pro-bowls for AJ Feeley and Wolf is the guy everyone quotes when it comes to showing why we traded for him. Some of you guys make the guy out to be Robo-QB........let the man get in there and play some ball before you start making outlandish predictions, even if they are preceeded by the words "ability" or "he could possibly." I'm all for it man, I'm all for AJ playin' in Pro Bowls or winning championships........he's a Miami Dolphin now, I got nothin' but love. I just think you're talking way too prematurely. Let's keep our eyes focused on "productivity" right now and let see how it plays out.

I suppose you were talkin' all the pro-bowl junk on draft day when the Eagles took him though, right?

Once again you twist my words around after I just explained it you. Let me explain it slowly.

QB: Feeley has gotten continually better each camp, if he can show this much improvement over the next 2 months my friends we will have a borderline Pro Bowl QB on our hands.

Notice I said if he improves we will have a borderline Pro-Bowler...I didn't say he was a freaking HOFer I said borderline PB, and if you have any reason as to why he won't I 'd love to hear it.

He might never make all-pro or lead the league in passing, but he will be a quality top 15 starter for us for the next 5-7 years if he is what I think he is.

Now you notice I said he'll never make All-pro but can be a top 15 qb...so please explain to me what is so unrealistic about that????

I'm a big fan of Corey Jenkins, as he played at my alma mater, the University of South Carolina. Can you tell me how he's been doing in camp? And also, why do some of you guys on here call him "CRASH"?

Thanks and I enjoyed your excellent writeup....

Corey is doing excellent in camp and is progressing nicely, he will be at least a quality backup for the better part of the next decade for us. The reason I call him Crash is because he didn't really know what he was doing last year and flew around and crashed into everyone, I can't remember who coined the phrase.

More on Jenkins...

Thanks for the info on C Jenkins. That's pretty funny about his nickname. You can say one thing for him, he goes all out no matter what, even if he doesn't know exactly what he's doing. I do know that he wants to win so badly that he can't stand it, so I know he'll give he Dolphins his all when he gets his chances. I would LOVE to see him stick with Miami for the better part of a decade and become part of a solid future LB corps that could include Eddie Moore, Tony Bua, Morlon Greenwood, and whoever else we may end up getting.

Thanks again for the update and keep up the outstanding camp reports!

The only thing I can go on is reading the posts in here about training camp. I wish i was close enough to watch but I'm not so I have to depend on the guys in here to give their opinions on the team. Mini camp to me just shows our capabilities. We'll see how it goes when the pads come on. As we said in high school when we started with pads after 2-a-days, lets seperate the men from the boys!

Once upon a time we had a player named Jim "Crash" Jensen. Nominally he came to us as a college QB but ended up playing TE in third down situations and was a wedge breaker on special teams. Since Jenkins had been a college QB and now is a LB/ST'er, he reminds many of us old timers of Jensen who was a big time fan favorite.

lets also not forget that finsflurry has been to the camps in person so i trust his judgement and i hope that everything he's reported will be true come first kickoff.....aj feeley will be the starter...i believe that whole-heartedly

Back
Top Bottom