My opinion on the Dolphins: Pessimism, Not Panic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on the Dolphins: Pessimism, Not Panic

im excited that the phins are actually making some moves. time will tell if they are wise or not. but regardless I like the effort being put forth here. im extremely excited about the draft and how it could show a cohesive plan moving forward if they are drafting some youth to take over for aging players and FA's that will probably be gone in a couple years. AND to hopefully not see any Carroo moves (im still baffled on that one) I do wish our fan base was better at being supportive and less judgmental. I unconditionally love being a dolphins fan. No matter what im a fan. I don't want our fan base to be one that complains all the time about the players or the owner or the front office. when your confrontational and judgmental it causes people to get defensive and then you have a vicious circle of malcontent. Too many times I feel like people forget what it was like to have Saban, Philbin etc... I want us to be a fan base that is supportive. a fan base that players hate to leave, a fan base that tells a player on twitter "you gonna get outta this funk or you gotta work a little harder" NOT u suck or u should be cut. Im a fan of this team and by extension a fan of every player, FO person, coach, owner etc.. and I cant help em run drills or donate a new weight room but I can offer some encouraging words, be positive, be supportive, buy my kids a t-shirt. That's my part as a fan..... so that's what im gonna do.

Actually, I'd add another option, a realist. That's kinda what I actually think I am. I dream, like I said, about all these moves working out. But let's face it, they won't. That's not pessimism, that's fact. Every year, roughly 50% of all teams moves work out, that's just the way it is.

But I agree with the poster above who says criticising everything does become tiresome.

For me, the moves they made with regard to getting rid of players were the right moves - Suh was just chewing up too much money. Landry, well he wanted too much money. And Pouncey, he was being paid too much money, sucked, couldn't practice, and, well, I'll never forgive him for the free the murderer t-shirt.

Does it mean I think the team will definitely be better next year? Nope, it doesn't. But I can hope.

I like 'realist.' Some are so negative, the come across as trolls. And you're right, not every move works. Personally, I look at the logic and the process. The Sitton move is a good example. He could break a leg in OTAs, but the logic and process in getting him wasn't wrong.

To the OP I certainly empathize with you. It is getting increasingly difficult to be patient with a franchise as dysfunctional as Miami has been and once all the dysfunction compounds, we have nothing left but pessimism.

This past year was no exception. Clearly the team was at odds inside the locker room. Clearly a massive lack of leadership. A coaching staff seemingly losing the locker room. Just ugliness and undisciplined play followed. Something has to change and drastically but it has needed to for awhile.

I applaud the front office for finally trying to address it. It may get worse before it gets better however. Miami has been big on posting slogans for the past few years inside their walls but the team never followed. Actions speak louder. Let’s hope progress happens and we have a culture change and some teamwork. I could care less what their names are.

Back
Top Bottom