mystery surrounding billick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mystery surrounding billick?

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

Has anyone come across reports on why Brian bullock can't get interviewed,not just in Miami anywhere?

I know its been reported he has an ego but so do a lot of coaches, makes me wonder if something else is going on
Not going to mention it but I think you guys can follow what I'm insinuating.

I hope not because I like him as a coach but franchises are staying away from him like he is infected

It is still very early in the process but I believe he will get an interview this week.

because many teams don't see him as some genius that can turn around their franchise like other Super Bowl winning coaches.

He has not been interested in returning to coaching until this year. Some guys just need a break to recharge their batteries.
Plus the money...who could pass that up?

because many teams don't see him as some genius that can turn around their franchise like other Super Bowl winning coaches.

Geniuses like who...Chud? Fisher? The other flavor of the week assistant coaches?
There are no geniuses.
Bottom line is that Billicks resume is pretty damm good.

I hadn't heard this about Billick but there was an article a few weeks back on how Jim Fassel can't get an interview.

Jim Fassel still waiting

I'm not a big Fassel fan but it does seem odd that with all the retread names that are brought up that he doesn't get asked to the party.

He wasn't close friends with Jerry Sandusky was he??
Either way, my guess is you'd think twice about even trying to horse around with a guy like soliai in the showers...lol!

Billick's main reason for not retuning to coaching immediatley was that he was still getting paid by the Ravens, so essentially he was getting paif bank to work a cushy job at NFL Network.

As far as him wanting to return to coaching, this is the first year I am aware that he's had any interest on wanting to return.

I understand that no team has interviewed him for years.

There must be a reason............

The reason is that he wasnt a great HC imo. He was supposed to be an offensive guy, yet Baltimore always had a terrible offense. I would give more credit to Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, and Chris McAlister, and Terrell Suggs for the winning seasons under Billick. Baltimore has historically drafted well, and I think you can attribute its success to the personel and DC rather than the HC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny how when a team loses, the HC coach needs to be fired and players have nothing to do with it, and when the team wins, the HC just had it easy with the roster he was fielding...

Back
Top Bottom