mystery surrounding billick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mystery surrounding billick?

Its funny how when a team loses, the HC coach needs to be fired and players have nothing to do with it, and when the team wins, the HC just had it easy with the roster he was fielding...

Its not generalized. Its a case by case basis. Did Billick have control over his defense in Baltimore? Not really. He was supposed to be the offensive mastermind and failed at it.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come here. He seems much better than a lot of the other choices.

because many teams don't see him as some genius that can turn around their franchise like other Super Bowl winning coaches.
I believe that Billick sees himself as a genius. That could be something.

Yeah. I personally hate how that term is always thrown around. Genuis' split atoms, cure diseases and research particle physics and quantum mechanics. Not master the zone blitz or the WCO.

Billick has wanted back in coaching for a couple of years. He was interviewed and he even thought he had the Buffalo job to the point he was putting a staff together when they decided to go with Gailey. My only thought is that maybe he comes across too smart for his own good and owners and GM's wonder if he can actually relate with the players.

Its not generalized. Its a case by case basis. Did Billick have control over his defense in Baltimore? Not really. He was supposed to be the offensive mastermind and failed at it.
Sorry but I dont see how winning a SuperBowl with Trent Dilfer is a failure offensively...

Billick has wanted back in coaching for a couple of years. He was interviewed and he even thought he had the Buffalo job to the point he was putting a staff together when they decided to go with Gailey. My only thought is that maybe he comes across too smart for his own good and owners and GM's wonder if he can actually relate with the players.

Someone who is actually smart would be a refreshing change.

Billick probably intimidates Ireland. Hopefully he is on Peterson's short list.

Sorry but I dont see how winning a SuperBowl with Trent Dilfer is a failure offensively...

They won in spite of Dilfer, not because of Dilfer. They won because they had the best defense in NFL history. It was an offensive failure, but not a team failure. Billick was supposed to be an offensive guru, much like Tony Sparano was supposed to be an OL guru. Both failed at their expertise and were subsequently fired.

Back
Top Bottom