Name some 3 things you find great about Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name some 3 things you find great about Tannehill

I like that he is an intelligent quarterback, able to read defenses and put the team in the right play. That is huge for a rookie quarterback. I love that he's improving each week. I love his upside and can't wait to see what he can become with a legitimate big-play wide receiver and better play at the tight end position.

1. Pocket Presence.-Something that really needs to be natural in a QB.
2. Brain- Seems to be able to digest a lot already.-Something that is again a born in trait.
3. Seems to really be having fun. I want a guy that either is ultra competitive or really loves playing the game.

I like that he's not Chad Henne
I like that he's not Pat White
I like that he's not John Beck

Do you want me to continue backward until we get to Marino?

He is learning he will be able to Contol games.

Pocket presence I think he understands you dont have to cross the LOS to be mobile.

He himself is a weapon not like River who needs a clean pocket or Newton who is a runner but balanced.

You really don't even have to scramble to be mobile. Hell, Marino was one of the most mobile QB's ever, it was his ability to evade the pass rush by stepping up or sliding to the left or right. He just felt the pass rush wherever it was and it is a very, very good trait for a QB to have.

Smarts/Ability to learn from and correct mistakes,
Gunslinger deering-do
Lightning fast release

I also love his ability to read the defense and audible out of the play. Haven't seen that from any of the QBs this franchise has had since Marino.

I like that he is a former receiver and has the ability to teach the new offense to the team. I have not seen the deer in the headlights look.

1. Accuracy, Accuracy, Accuracy
2. Pocket Awareness & Coolness
3. Leadership

1. Ability to move on from a mistake and learn from it.
2. His accuracy/athleticism on the run.
3. Leadership!

1. first and foremost unlike with qbs in the past I do not wait with baited breath everytime tannehill drops back to pass.
2. I actually believe at some point he is going to win some of these close ones.
3. he elevates the play of the guys around him. You can't tell me tannehill hasn't made brian hartline alot better. Now that teams have to fear our passing attack they can't load up the box. This has made regginald better. Heck not turning the ball over every 4 passes like a.j feeley keeps the defense out of the short field, so he's evebn made the defense better.

Back
Top Bottom