NBA Draft Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Draft Thread

Bodzilla29 said:
Was super pissed with Villanueva for the Raps. BUT, if you had told me BEFORE the draft that the T.Dot would end up with a quartet including Villanueva, Graham, Ukic and Slokar I would have been estatic.

Ukic could be the steal of the draft at 41. Wow, that pick is as good as the eyebrowless one was bad(can be a great player, but the value is, err, questionable at 7).

After a few bouts of rage, I am VERY HAPPY with how things worked out for the Raptors. Likely playoff team(low seed) now, with these additions. First three picks will contribute immediately and add much needed talent and depth.

I'd call you an optimist, sir.
I thought the Raps pooch-screwed this draft in nearly every way, and the Ukic pick was the one thing that saved them from total disaster. Villanueva plays the exact same position as your best player. And he wasn't even the best player on the board at 7. Where on earth is Charlie Villanueva going to play? Can't put him at the 3, he doesn't have the ball-handling skills. Can't play him at the 5 unless he puts on about 40 pounds of muscle. Move Bosh to the 5? That'll go over real well with The Franchise.
Passing on Granger and Green for Graham was similarly foolish. Granger was a better player in every way. There was no excuse for taking Graham over him.

wow...i was away yesterday working when the draft took place and i did have a very good day

Got myself a new epiphone guitar :D
Got myself a new peavey amp :D
Went and saw the new batman [best movie of the year]

Gerald Green slipping to 18 is amazing but maybe an even bigger shock is nate robinson going 21...pshh

Anyway my bobcats pulled out a good draft adding Raymond Felton and Sean May who should both be starters of the bobcats unit

Personally i felt the pick of may was stupid we should of got antoine wright or gerald green...cause when we walked into the draft sg was out biggest neeed and now it still is

SECfootball said:
Mmmm, Felton/May. I am pleased.
the Bobcats are gonna have a good team but Sean May is going to be a career back-up

nick1 said:
the Bobcats are gonna have a good team but Sean May is going to be a career back-up

No this is probobly the one place may will do well cause Emeka will team very well with him

Personally being a bobcats fan heres what our starting roster should look like

PG Raymond Felton [Basically being drafted hes guarenteed the starting role and he will be control the pace of this offense. I could see this guy getting 8-10 apg and 14 ppg]
SG Kareem Rush [I sure hope he develops into a star, over 10 ppg cause of playing time but i doubt he'll develop heres to hoping :D ]
SF Gerald Wallace [With more weapons he'll actually be better cause hes a tremendous athlete should get 13 ppg atleast]
PF Sean May [Will be a good post player with the help of emeka. Having a taller guy like emeka will help and it will be hard to start a tremendous post up player like may and okafor in the paint. May should get 7-8 rpg and 16 ppg as well]
C Emeka Okafor [moved to pf last year cause he was too short at 6''10 but right now you have a guy in Sean May who is 6''8 260 but a great post guy but hes slow. Emeka is actually athletic and a better center than a PF. Expect atleast 10-12 rpg and 20 ppg]

I expect them to win atleast 30 games this year taking a huge step

Rumor is that Latrell Sprewell might come here...if he can somehow revive his career that would help us alot

Buddwalk said:
No this is probobly the one place may will do well cause Emeka will team very well with him

PG Raymond Felton [Basically being drafted hes guarenteed the starting role and he will be control the pace of this offense. I could see this guy getting 8-10 apg and 14 ppg]
SG Kareem Rush [I sure hope he develops into a star, over 10 ppg cause of playing time but i doubt he'll develop heres to hoping :D ]
SF Gerald Wallace [With more weapons he'll actually be better cause hes a tremendous athlete should get 13 ppg atleast]
PF Sean May [Will be a good post player with the help of emeka. Having a taller guy like emeka will help and it will be hard to start a tremendous post up player like may and okafor in the paint. May should get 7-8 rpg and 16 ppg as well]
C Emeka Okafor [moved to pf last year cause he was too short at 6''10 but right now you have a guy in Sean May who is 6''8 260 but a great post guy but hes slow. Emeka is actually athletic and a better center than a PF. Expect atleast 10-12 rpg and 20 ppg]

Rumor is that Latrell Sprewell might come here...if he can somehow revive his career that would help us alot
oh you expect Okafor to be a center, I thought that he would stay at PF with May being his back-up, I have no doubt he could play center but guys like O'Neal with have a height advantage over him, he is taller then Ben Wallace and he's done fine as a center so it might work out for Okafor.

they have a bright future :D but my Heat are still gonna win the East :tongue:

Buddwalk said:

That's a very small front line. I would expect Brezec to be starting somewhere.

Buddwalk said:
wow...i was away yesterday working when the draft took place and i did have a very good day

Got myself a new epiphone guitar :D
Got myself a new peavey amp :D
Went and saw the new batman [best movie of the year]

No doubt. There's a reason that's my new avatar. :)

Gerald Green slipping to 18 is amazing but maybe an even bigger shock is nate robinson going 21...pshh

No, Charlie Villanueva at 7 was the biggest shock. That made NO sense. None. If this happens to be a prelude to a trade for Jamaal Magliore, so be it, but right now, the Raptors are threatening the Knicks for the dumbest team in the NBA.

Anyway my bobcats pulled out a good draft adding Raymond Felton and Sean May who should both be starters of the bobcats unit

Personally i felt the pick of may was stupid we should of got antoine wright or gerald green...cause when we walked into the draft sg was out biggest neeed and now it still is

The Bobcats had a nice, vanilla draft. They got two guys that will be solid but not spectacular. Frankly, I don't see the big push for a PG. Brevin Knight is a perfectly acceptable placeholder until/unless they get a star PG. I like the idea of May playing next to Okafor and Brezec rotating in and out. Gives them some different looks. If they need to go big, Okafor moves to the 4 and Brezec at the 5. If they need to go small, May plays the 4 and Okafor the 5.

Charlotte was a better fit for May than May was for Charlotte, if that makes any sense. May's ideal fit might have been Charlotte; he'll fit best next to a defense-first, shot blocking center that will erase some of his defensive mistakes. But I think the Bobcats could have done a little better at 13. I can't believe they passed on Granger or Green for May.

phunwin said:
I'd call you an optimist, sir.
I thought the Raps pooch-screwed this draft in nearly every way, and the Ukic pick was the one thing that saved them from total disaster. Villanueva plays the exact same position as your best player. And he wasn't even the best player on the board at 7. Where on earth is Charlie Villanueva going to play? Can't put him at the 3, he doesn't have the ball-handling skills. Can't play him at the 5 unless he puts on about 40 pounds of muscle. Move Bosh to the 5? That'll go over real well with The Franchise.
Passing on Granger and Green for Graham was similarly foolish. Granger was a better player in every way. There was no excuse for taking Graham over him.

I am not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but Bab**** said there were reasons he couldnt say that he passed on Granger and Green at 16. The common thought is that neither wanted to play in Toronto. One thing that has screwed the raptors in the past. They ended up getting four players that all wanted to play in Toronto and love it there. As much as I hated the Villanueva pick, even somewhat dislike the graham pick (because I would rather Granger or Green), the draft still turned out alright. Like it was said before if you told me they would end up with Vill, Graham, Ukic in no particular order I would be more than happy.

Lets say Toronto traded down and got three picks in the first round. Picking Graham then Vill in the 16-20 range and Ukic in the 20-22 range they would be getting the praise of the league.

Back
Top Bottom