NBA Draft Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Draft Thread

Man, Seattle's gonna have a hell of a frontcourt eventually with Petro and Fortson.

Jason Maxiell to the Pistons. I'm underwhelmed. Would it have killed them to trade down half a dozen spots? It's not like anyone else was jonesing for the guy.

That said, I like the pick for what they're trying to do. They really missed Corliss Williamson's toughness and post game this year and are trying to replace that role with Maxiell, and count on the maturity of Milicic, Delfino and Arroyo to solve their other problems. Rasheed Wallace will never be the post player he should be, so if Maxiell can come off the bench, send some bodies flying and get some points with his back to the basket, so much the better.

I think Wayne Simien can be great and will be able to become a better player then Haslem can ever be in my opinion

TerryTate said:
Concerns with Zo, Haslem apparent with this selection

6'9" 256 Senior (how about that)

I saw this guy play alot......and he is an *** kicking machine...needs to work on a jumper though...but he can rebound and score the basketball in close....

A great addition to come off the bench.

Simien is a solid pick. Ukic would have been the sexy pick, but Simien brings a lot to the Heat.

If there's one reason I am at all hesitant about this pick, it's that the Heat already have undrsized PF's; albeit not with a 7' wingspan, or the basketball instincts of Simien.

NaboCane said:
Simien is a solid pick. Ukic would have been the sexy pick, but Simien brings a lot to the Heat.

If there's one reason I am at all hesitant about this pick, it's that the Heat already have undrsized PF's; albeit not with a 7' wingspan, or the basketball instincts of Simien.

Simien is 6'9" 256, that's a pretty decently-sized PF

Great pick for the Heat, especially with Head off the board. Almost every single Euro is overrated coming into the draft and is at least a three-year project. The Heat don't have that. Simien, if healthy (which is the reason he dropped this far), is a winner with a great attitude who can absolutely physically and emotionally dominate a game. We only had one pick this draft, but we made it count.

Was super pissed with Villanueva for the Raps. BUT, if you had told me BEFORE the draft that the T.Dot would end up with a quartet including Villanueva, Graham, Ukic and Slokar I would have been estatic.

Ukic could be the steal of the draft at 41. Wow, that pick is as good as the eyebrowless one was bad(can be a great player, but the value is, err, questionable at 7).

After a few bouts of rage, I am VERY HAPPY with how things worked out for the Raptors. Likely playoff team(low seed) now, with these additions. First three picks will contribute immediately and add much needed talent and depth.

Back
Top Bottom