NBA Draft Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Draft Thread

byroan said:
:chuckle: I can't believe some of the players you guys passed on.

Well according to ESPN insider he's the #1 power forward in the draft.

POWER FORWARDS
Rank Name Ht, Wt - Age Interested Teams
1. Fran Vazquez 6-11, 230 - 22 Raptors, Knicks, Bobcats, Nets
Long, athletic Spaniard is a rarity – an international big man who actually plays and produces. He's ready to step in and help right away, if a team can convince him to leave Europe this summer. Draft range: 8-15.

Den54 said:
Well according to ESPN insider he's the #1 power forward in the draft.

POWER FORWARDS
Rank Name Ht, Wt - Age Interested Teams
1. Fran Vazquez 6-11, 230 - 22 Raptors, Knicks, Bobcats, Nets
Long, athletic Spaniard is a rarity – an international big man who actually plays and produces. He's ready to step in and help right away, if a team can convince him to leave Europe this summer. Draft range: 8-15.

That surprises me. I'm just not sold on international players. Sometimes I think they're overhyped. I know they can be good though, my other team has Gasol. :tongue:

Did Gerald Green get busted for trying to buy crack in Times Square this afternoon or something?

Why doesn't somebody go up to Stephen A. Smith and smack him and then tell him "Pipe down you loud mouthed A-hole."

phunwin said:
Did Gerald Green get busted for trying to buy crack in Times Square this afternoon or something?

Must've of been because how in the world is he still there i have no clue.

Alright guys, I'm done for now. I saw my Bobcats picks. I've got a few things to do. I'll check back later to see where Green finally ended up and where McCants gets drafted.

Section126 said:
Why doesn't somebody go up to Stephen A. Smith and smack him and then tell him "Pipe down you loud mouthed A-hole."

I'm kind of enjoying his pointless outbursts.

And with the 29th pick in the draft...the Miami Heat select...Gerald Green.....

Hey...I can dream right?

Here's the thing that bugs me: the Hawks have spent their last two first round picks on small forwards, and traded for Al Harrington. So they picked...Marvin Williams.

The Hornets have exactly one good player on their roster and two decent ones. The two decent ones happen to play point guard. So they picked...Chris Paul.

I'm not saying that either of those picks are wrong (they're not), but it's that kind of lousy planning that gets these teams in this situation every single year.

This may be what I call the "Loren Woods Phenomenon". Woods was projected as a low lottery/mid-first round pick prior to the draft (forgot what year). A few teams that were expected to look at him passed him up, and he fell like a rock. After half a dozen teams passed on him, everyone behind started to figure those teams knew something they didn't, and since they hadn't worked the guy out, they played it safe. That may be what's happening with Green right now.

BTW, I think Rob Bab**** read my post that Isiah was the worst GM in the NBA and took it as a challenge. Two straight years of first round picks going at least a dozen spots higher than they should, sandwiched around trading Vince Carter for 25 cents on the dollar. Right now, it's a dead heat between him and Isiah for dumbest GM.

Who's he taking at #16, Shavlik Randolph?

NaboCane said:
No way Green gets past NJ.

I didn't think there was any way he was getting by Toronto at 7, so I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

Back
Top Bottom