NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

1. Thu, Jun 8 – at Western Conf, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)
2. Sun, Jun 11 – at Western Conf, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)
3. Tue, Jun 13 – at Miami, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)
4. Thu, Jun 15 – at Miami, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)

5.* Sun, Jun 18 – at Miami, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)
6.* Tue, Jun 20 – at Western Conf, 9:00 pm EDT (ABC)
7.* Thu, Jun 22 – at Western Conf, 9:00 pm EDT
(ABC)
****!!!!!
I hate life...

I have a class that I have to go to... from 6-10... Tues & Thurs...

****!!!!! ****!!! ****!!!!! :tantrum:

FinNasty said:
****!!!!!
I hate life...

I have a class that I have to go to... from 6-10... Tues & Thurs...

****!!!!! ****!!! ****!!!!! :tantrum:

I guess the Heat better Win in 5 so you can see the victory :wink: :evil:

Well looks like my prediction of the Finals came true. :yes:

I say Heat in 5.....:yes:

And If it goes six I believe Dallas will win the 1st 2...and then not win another one ;)

Dwyane Wade will be the best player on the court in this series. As a matter of fact, he will have a field day in every game against Dallas.

No one in Dallas is a better defensive player than Rip Hamilton nor have the speed like Rip to chase Wade around (and even Rip chasing Dwyane around experienced tons of foul troubles. Dallas has been in foul trouble the entire series against Phoenix and the Spurs); it will be interesting to see who they put on Dwyane.

I think Miami is the most complete team in this series. They are on a geat rhythm and I think that everything clicked on the right time. The Mavericks doesn't even excite me, I got more chills watching Phoenix play in this series and they lost.

I pick Miami in Game 5 or 6.

Josh Howard will be on Wade. I dont know where you get the idea that Rip is some great defensive player.....Prince always did a much better job. If Howard cant do the job they have six other guys they can throw at Wade. Personally I think Armstrong would annoy him the most, and could get called upon late in games.

Game goes to 7...mavs take it, dwyane wade moves up in my top 5 players in the league [Not to mention I just got done beating my friend with the heat and wade had 60 in 2k6]

postermaster said:
Go Mavs!!!!, no one believed me..., but now is official...

It wasn't that nobody believed you, most of us expected the Mavs to win (I even said so in another thread). Most of us, however, criticized the fact that you started an official NBA Finals thread before the game 6 had even been played. The last person to be that ****y here watched his team lose 3 straight :)

Blueprint said:
I want Miami in 5 or 6, but my gut feeling is Dallas in 7.

I have big problems with a team seeded #4 and not even winning their division gaining homecourt over a #2 seeded team who won their division. But o'well. No excuses now, we've gotten too far for that.

I disagree. The only reason Dallas didn't win their division is because they played in a much tougher division than Miami did. The rest of the Southeast Division was 130-198 (and it would have been worse if Orlando hadn't gone on that late season tear). The Southwest, outside of Dallas, was 184-144, and didn't have any teams that lost 50 games.

Outside of a guaranteed playoff berth, I don't think winning your division should guarantee you a high seed. Did Denver really deserve a higher seed than Dallas, when they didn't look like much of a team all season? No. I'm not like those who think just the best 16 records in the league should go, else what would the point of divisions be in that case....but Dallas was the better team in the regular season, and even if Miami won just 43 games on the year and been a mediocre team, which they weren't, they still would have won the Southeast.

This is the proper way to do it. I hate the three division alignment, too. Just guarantees lightweights like Denver will get top 3 seeds. Granted, even in the old setup, Dallas would not have won their division, but I still prefer that setup.

The biggest mistmatch is Dirk and the deep Dallas Bench. Age i feel will wear down the older heats if this series turns out to be very close and intense one.

One guy I've been worried about since the SA series is Diop. Like Jason Collins, he's a solid defensive player with the size/strength to potentially bother Shaq. He did an excellent job against Duncan in Game 7, though Duncan was hobbled. He and Dampier could give us problems on the offensive glass, which has been a problem for the Heat in the playoffs.

However, if Shaq doesn't revert back to leading with his elbows (like he did against NJ), we should be ok. Our losses have generally come when Shaq picks up those fouls.

As for Wade, I think Dallas would like to put Josh Howard on him. Taller and/or lankier guys like Prince and Lindsey Hunter have more success with Wade. But I think it's kind of reckless to just say "they have six other guys to throw at him if Howard can't guard him". Doesn't mean they'll fare any better. Wade will toy with Jason Terry and Devin Harris. And you can't just automatically put Harris on Wade to begin with.

Dallas presents matchup problems for everyone. There's so big up front and so athletic everywhere. But by the same token, Miami presents matchup problems for Dallas. If they put Josh Howard on Wade, that means a guard will be responsible for 6-9, 245-pound Antoine Walker. That can't happen. **This is what Walker gives you over Eddie Jones** It's the reason why Tayshaun Prince didn't see much of Wade this time around. So there's a good chance you'll see more of "those six other guys" than you'll see Howard on Wade when Walker's out there.

And then there's Shaq. If Diop or Dampier can't handle him, you're in trouble.

Antoine Walker is huge in this series. He dictates so much of what the oppenent CAN'T do defensively. He must continue to play well. He's the X factor.

If Miami can somehow limit Dallas' offensive blitzkrieg, I think they win the series based on the talent and mismatches they have on their offensive end.

Amars said:
The biggest mistmatch is Dirk and the deep Dallas Bench. Age i feel will wear down the older heats if this series turns out to be very close and intense one.

As good as Miami's bench is, Dallas' is even deeper. And Dirk is a nightmare for everyone.

But I don't think age will play a factor the way you think. Miami will come off 6 days rest. And there's an extra day in between Games 1 and 2. And another extra day between Games 5 and 6.

I think age will play a factor in that Shaq and Payton can't move the way they used to. Shaq's immobility hurts us on the offensive glass and in transition, which are two of Dallas' specialties.

It's unfortunate that Mourning still will not be 100% for the series. But at least he's there. :)

Back
Top Bottom