NE lost roosevelt colvin and released lawyer milloy before last season started | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE lost roosevelt colvin and released lawyer milloy before last season started

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
i'm not suggesting that the fins are going to the super bowl this season, but this nucleus STILL has 10 win capabilities...

the defense is one man short of bringing back EVERYONE from last season, and aside some inconsistant performances, was dominant last season. if mare can return to his PRE-big contract form, we can play close to the vest and salvage the season.

i know, i know...some will say that the season is lost and a high #1 draft pick is just what the doctor ordered, but i cant buy into that stuff. the fins havent finished below .500 in SIXTEEN years and i dont want to see them start now. these guys can win, guys will just have to step up...thats all

*derrius thompson, i'm looking in your general viscinity*

can we please stop relating everything that happens back to freakin NE. yes we know they had injuries, and cuts, and very little talent. But they also have the best coach in the freakin NFL.... We have wanny!!!! Do you not get that??? Only a legendary coach could take a team like NE to the SB--twice. You cannot possibly think Dave is that coach. also, while I'm at it -- their QB may not be Joe Montanta -- but he's no Jay Fiedler either. So can we stop with the NE analogies once and for all?

:coffee:

It's over before it has begun! Its f*&king over. Wake up man its over!
I'm so full of rage. Its too late to be optimistic anymore. We have some kinda s*^tty curse on this team and its not gonna end untill we suck it up and rebuild!

Belichick was considered a robot and not NFL head coach material when we traded a 1st rounder for him.

Brady was considered a noodle armed career backup when he was drafted.

Somehow, they clicked into each other and electricity came out. They became a 2 part machine that complimented each other's weaknesses.

Wanny can be the guy. I think he sucks, but he could find his other half at some point and just click in.

iceblizzard69 said:
NE has Bill Belichick. Miami has Dave Wannstedt. Nuff said.

That pretty much sums it up.

10 wins is abit optimistic, especially in the afc east. It's amazing how quickly a team can turn from a wildcard contestant into the worst team in the division within days. Look on the bright side...you guys still have Chris Chambers and Wanny will probably be fired this year.

...they also had a bunch of recievers that came out of no where and excelled with tom brady.

Im not saying the depth we have at WR is as good as the pats because we dont know yet because they havent been given the chance to perform in a game with a competent QB.

iceblizzard69 said:
Couldn't agree with you more, thats just as bad as us having GREG WILLIAMS again!!!!

The difference is, Lawyer Milloy was a safety who had a younger replacement in Rodney Harrison and Colvin was a FA LB for a team that had tons of talent on the line and at LB anyway. We've lost most of our offense.

Colvin is a LB. And LB is the deepest position on the Patriots roster. Milloy hurt. But they still had Rodney Harrison, a former All-Pro, to take over his position. Harrison is a whopping 10 months older than Milloy.

It would be like the Dolphins losing a CB and Sammy Knight, only to have newly Reggie Howard/Will Poole and newly signed Donovan Darrius step in.

We aren't like the Patriots. They have depth all over the place.

XNOUGHT said:
Belichick was considered a robot and not NFL head coach material when we traded a 1st rounder for him.

Brady was considered a noodle armed career backup when he was drafted.

Somehow, they clicked into each other and electricity came out. They became a 2 part machine that complimented each other's weaknesses.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so sweet!!!! Honestly,this is the gayest quote I have ever read! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Pats also lost their starting center for the season, Mike Compton. A rookie Dan Koppen stepped in and was better. So either they are lucky or just good at drafting as well. The Pats had what I believe was a league high (or close to it) in injuries to starters.

Once again, it all goes to depth. One of the biggest failures the Dolphins have made is trading away too many picks. You only build depth through the draft. The Bills make the same mistake. They trade their 2005 #1 to draft a QB that is not even going to play for awhile. Dumb. But there is always a genius like Parcells that will be willing to dance with the stupid blonde.

FlyingElvis said:
Pats also lost their starting center for the season, Mike Compton. A rookie Dan Koppen stepped in and was better. So either they are lucky or just good at drafting as well. The Pats had what I believe was a league high (or close to it) in injuries to starters.

Once again, it all goes to depth. One of the biggest failures the Dolphins have made is trading away too many picks. You only build depth through the draft. The Bills make the same mistake. They trade their 2005 #1 to draft a QB that is not even going to play for awhile. Dumb. But there is always a genius like Parcells that will be willing to dance with the stupid blonde.

Bingo!

iceblizzard69 said:
Exactly, plus Ricky and Boston are better than both of those players and more crucial to our O. Fot them it would be them losing Tom Bardy and Ty Law

Back
Top Bottom