Needham and Dolphins agree to new deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Needham and Dolphins agree to new deal

Not really crazy about this re-signing. He might never be the same after his injury back in 2022. I would rather spend our money on a DB who is good enough to start opposite Ramsey but I guess these are the kind of signings we are going to have to get used to.

I’d like this to be Jake Bailey-type money.

We are probably going to carry 6 CBs. Ramsey, Smith, Kohou are three. We probably sign a quality vet to compete with Smith for the CB2 spot—that’s four. Bonner looked like he earned top billing for last-man-on-the-bench and ST contributor status. That’s five.

So Needham is CB5 on a 6-man depth chart that will be three young guys and three vets. Hard to complain about that, but I’m sure some here will find a way.

Ummm...yay?
f747758ee28900b13139f85a4b6629b7.jpeg

Chubb is a knee injury, and those aren't as muddy when they return. Most players come back 100% from the ACL surgery. Phillips and his Achilles are a different story. I'm way more concerned about Phillips!

Phillips had plenty of explosiveness to lose. It’s players like Needham who had little to start with that are the issue. Phillips will be fine, not big on Needham but for depth it’s fine.

I like Needham. Good depth and can play CB and Safety

Good chance he makes a full recovery and can be a big contributor this year

I'm always amazed at the negative comments when we sign depth players... I mean, do these guys think that starting caliber players are going to sign cut rate contracts to come to Miami and not start?

It seems like they all invent these imaginary UDFAs that would be just as good... somehow.

Back
Top Bottom