New draft targets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

To me, the Jordan Howard signing is insignificant. He's bounced around after losing starting jobs so i doubt any team is basing their Draft Strategy on his signing.

That said, i don't think a running back in Round 1 was high on the list anyway. The value isn't there but the depth is this year, so you can grab one on Day 2. I double up on RB this year. There's a lot of talent.

As for Ruggs....as intriguing as his speed is, i would anticipate have guys higher on my board at 18. WR is deep this year as well and should be available at 26 and 39.
We will draft Swift, Taylor or Dobbins in 1st round. Guaranteed

I hope that is not true.

I have been hoping that Miami is finally getting smarter and that would really damage my opinion of them in that area.

If Tua is there at 5 - i would not be against grabbing him and then using our ammo to trade back up for one of the stud OTs. You have have have to protect him.
If Tua is gone....well then it gets interesting.

I'm surprised seeing you list CBs and not a guy like Brown.

Have Brown as a Top 40 player, but he doesn't impact the pass enough for me to like him Top 20.

Im not a fan of trading up for Tua, but if he got to 5 and you could trade 18, 26, 39 for 4 or 6, I would do it and take Simmons in a heartbeat. Solves two needs.
I also don't like the idea of trading up for Tua. I would seriously consider a move up for Brown, Simmons, Thomas or Lamb.

I think Thomas and Lamb go around 10-13. That would require a slight move up from #18.

As you mentioned, it would take a lot to get back into position for a player like Simmons. He may also be gone before pick #5.

Have Brown as a Top 40 player, but he doesn't impact the pass enough for me to like him Top 20.

I guess it depends on which tape you watch. He helps the pass rush by demanding double teams, freeing up everyone else. He does collapse the pocket at times and can get quick pressure by sliding over and jumping a gap off the snap. He destroyed the LSU Oline in that game but then struggled against Bama.

Eventhough i prefer attacking 1-gap defenses and would target DTs that get upfield (Kinlaw, Blacklock, Madunuike), i can't deny Brown's ability and impact.

I also don't like the idea of trading up for Tua. I would seriously consider a move up for Brown, Simmons, Thomas or Lamb.

I think Thomas and Lamb go around 10-13. That would require a slight move up from #18.

As you mentioned, it would take a lot to get back into position for a player like Simmons. He may also be gone before pick #5.

I would trade up for a top4 OT. I would not trade up for a WR.

I would trade up for a top4 OT. I would not trade up for a WR.
Makes sense. I really like both Lamb and Jefferson. Jefferson should be there at #18 if Miami wants to go there. I think they would have to move up a few spots for Lamb. I wouldn't be opposed to that. I know the wide receiver group for Miami is pretty good, but it's also a group that has been injury prone.

I think it's more likely Miami stays at #5 and selects their QB and attempts to trade up from #18 to get in position to select one of the OT's that could be available. San Francisco holds #13 and there is speculation, they may be looking to add picks. They might be a trade partner?

They might. I wouldn't (unless everyone else i liked was gone). No such thing as a guarantee when it comes to the draft.
Didn’t just pull that out of thin air. Look at the players Miami interviewed-literally every elite RB in the draft.

I guess it depends on which tape you watch. He helps the pass rush by demanding double teams, freeing up everyone else. He does collapse the pocket at times and can get quick pressure by sliding over and jumping a gap off the snap. He destroyed the LSU Oline in that game but then struggled against Bama.

Eventhough i prefer attacking 1-gap defenses and would target DTs that get upfield (Kinlaw, Blacklock, Madunuike), i can't deny Brown's ability and impact.
Flo and entire D staff went ONE place as far as I know-Auburn. There’s a reason

Flo and entire D staff went ONE place as far as I know-Auburn. There’s a reason
That was a huge surprise to me. Now that F/A has started and Miami signing several players on Defense, perhaps the Auburn intetest has sailed?

Back
Top Bottom