New draft targets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

What a freakin day that would be.

Thinking about them though, with signing the massive Flowers to play Guard, why not trade up to get the massive Becton next to him. Wow that would be huge

Because we still need a C, S and athletic RB as well as possibly 2 OTs. Depending on the cost I really don’t want to move any of our top 6 picks.

Sure would be nice if Jacksonville stayed at and took Herbert and someone moved up for Love before pick 18 rolled around.

Pencil the Jets in for an OT right now.

Giants are a wild card. Sure would be nice if no OTs went in the top 5.

Arizona and Carolina are teams that should/could be looking to move down the board. Carolina could have interest in one of our seconds next year in a trade down. Arizona would more than likely want picks just this year after getting Hopkins.

Cant wait to see this unfold.

Today people all over the site for some reason keep saying if the Redskins take Tua no worries just grab Simmons...but I think the Giants grab him one spot before us in that scenario.

If Tua is gone at 5, I think Love is a very real possibility at that selection. It’s not optimal, but for all we know he could be the guy they are not-so-quietly infatuated with.

Man this is going to be a LONG month before the draft.

I would much rather have Ashtyn Davis from cal. he is a true fs. Delpit missed way too many tackles to be such a high pick

I'm taking McKinney if he's there at 26 and we've already landed QB+OT. Otherwise, I agree.... I like the fit and value better for Winfield Jr. & Davis in round 2 over Delpit in round 1.

Not that Delpit isn't intriguing though, because he is. I wonder how much the injuries played a role in the missed tackles?

Day 1, I'd go crazy if we could somehow come away with Tua and Andrew Thomas. Make it happen by any means.

I would agree, and am a big fan of Thomas. However, I want to walk away with Tua and Wirfs....Yes, Wirfs played RT in college, but that will be the blind side for Tua. Wirfs is so good, and could protect the blind side of Tua for years.

On a side note, if we go LT instead, then we should look at Isaiah Wilson in the 2nd round to play RT and protect the blind side

I don’t see a RB at 26 as a being likely. I always thought 39 was a better spot.

In a perfect world it’s QB at 5 and OT at 18.

After that Center or Safety.

Those appear to be the 4 immediate needs although pulling 2 OTs out of the first 2 rounds is a strong possibility still.

RBs can be had at any point from 39 on down though depending on value. I see that as a third likelihood.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we trade down from 26 to 29-30-31ish and look to add another third.

I suspect the 5th and 6th rounders will be moved to next year.
Wanna bet? Look who the Dolphins have interviewed

With all of our free agent moves this is how it's shaping up:

#5 - QB Tua/Herbert
#18 - Edge Chaisson/LT/BPA
#26 - LT/BPA
#39 - BPA
#56 - BPA

I don't want to move up. That probably means we are out of the running for tier one offensive tacklers. So be it.

1A) Tua......Herbert/Love if it has to be so
1B) Chaisson/Jeudy/McKinney
1C) Josh Jones/Austin Jackson
2A) Lucas Niang/Ezra Cleveland/Cesar Ruiz
2B) De'Andre Swift/Clyde Edwards-Helaire/Antoine Winfield/Kyle Dugger/Prince TagoWanogho/Jonathon Taylor
3A) Damon Arnette/K J Hamler/Ashtyn Davis/Cam Ackers/Cole Kmet/Isaiah Wilson/Adam Trautman

Never mind the names, just the concepts. Get a QB, a LOT and ROT.....a FS and/or SS, a RB, a WR and/or slot WR, a center, a slot CB. Not in any particular order. If you can get a top rated TE do so, ditto on a nose tackle and/or fullback.

just did this on first-pick - Had a TON of fun with it

5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

**Traded 8, 56, 141, 153, 227 to Tampa for 14, 117 (this may seem like a lot but it lets us keep 39 and that was harder to do than you think)

14. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

**Traded 26 to Green Bay for 30, 62

30. Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan

**Traded 39 to Denver for 46, 77 (all 3 RB's were still available, and Winfield and Davis, figured I could get one of my guys at 46)

46. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

**Traded 62, 77, 173 to Baltimore for 55, 92

55. Ashtyn Davis, FS, Cal

**Traded pick 70 for 74, 115

74. Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State

92. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

115. Brandon Jones, SS, Texas

117. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State

154. Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska

**Traded 185, 246, 251 for 192, 209

192. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

209. Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia

**Traded 8, 56, 141, 153, 227 to Tampa for 14, 117 (this may seem like a lot but it lets us keep 39 and that was harder to do than you think)

**Traded 39 to Denver for 46, 77 (all 3 RB's were still available, and Winfield and Davis, figured I could get one of my guys at 46)

Even better than mine.

Yeah, and if the top OT's are off the board at 18, I don't see Top 20 talents available outside of WR. Plus, the next wave of OT's, which is a tier below the Top guys, is pretty thick, so Miami should be able to get a starting LT at 26 - if not 39.
Figure 4 QBs top 18... Miami should have a short board of 14 players. Sounds like a fun exercise.

I would guess it will be an Offense heavy draft for the most part.

I could see a FS among the Day 1-2 picks and a DL if one falls that is just too good to pass on.

QB, OT, WR and RB.

Preferably in that order.

Get your QB, the guys to protect him, and then find him some weapons.

I would love to see Tua, one of the top OT's and an explosive RAC WR type along with a speed RB and maybe another TE to pair with Gesicki .Another Int OL would be nice too.