new ESPN Power Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

new ESPN Power Rankings

Yeah MD that Radier comment is so true isnt it, those guys always seem to find a way. I guess Im just hopin that maybe this year is the year that things finally catch up with them. Personally Im just so excited to get this season going and glad that my team is in the toughest division in football. There is a reason that there are more nationally televised games out of the AFCE than any other division. Goona make for some great football this year.

Don't underestimate the Raiders... just because they werent active in FA, doesn't mean they are done... No team in their division is able to handle the Raiders pass offense.. so Raiders are still in the hunt for a Super Bowl next year...

You know what pisses me off about this list.

These guys don’t make any reaches. It takes NO balls to rank the way they did. It’s almost the exact same as the end of last year. Teams like the Chiefs and Bills have made major changes and are still in the middle of the pack. And teams like the Eagles, Raiders and Titans who look like they’re ready to start heading down are still up top. And what about taking a chance on one of the poor teams of 2002? Get some balls and rank one of them up in the Top 10. The Lions, Panthers, Jags and Cowboys are all possible examples of teams then could be good.

I'D rather be ranked last and prove everyone wrong. I have more respect for the Pats than I do any other AFCE rival. Bellichick is one smart coach. They won the SB with practically half the talent Miami had last year because of Bellichick.

Originally posted by justafan
I'D rather be ranked last and prove everyone wrong. I have more respect for the Pats than I do any other AFCE rival. Bellichick is one smart coach. They won the SB with practically half the talent Miami had last year because of Bellichick.

What's wrong with you..why are you raving like this..Bellichick's team got on a role, just like any other SB winning team and won..He had just as much talent the next year and maybe more and didn't get there..You should respect all teams...as the old saying goes..on any given Sunday...

Last edited by a moderator:
That Raider/Pat call was questionable though ;\.

Funny pic PatsWin ;).

I see us better then the Steelers and Raiders myself.

Eagles, eh, I dunno.

The Eagles are going to be weak against the run, IMO. That is unless Jim Johnson has some exotic defensive packages he has been saving for a day when he loses half his talent in the front 7. I'd rank them around 8-11 personally, but thats just one guy's opinion......

Better than the raiders and eagles? :lol:

sounds to me someones still stuck on last year......tell me where the Raiders have improved? we beat them with the same team they have now.....Eagles, although were good, have lost alot...

Some strange rankings there. Philly definitely should not be #3, being a totally defensive team and losing their best front 7 guy and all the linebackers, gee they will not be a playoff team in 2003. Also Jacksonville is way too low at #29.
Of the teams in front of us agree with putting Patsies, and Tennessee ahead of us until we beat them. Pittsburgh overated again. Raiders even with us. Falcons should be below us.

yeah , i think you guys are underating the raiders as well

they get buchanon back , a healthy woodson
and they've added 2 rookie stud DEs in
tyler brayton and shon pierson

on offense they've added teyo johnson
doug gabriel and justin fargas

as much as i hate the raiders

i can't see them being worse than last year

the kid to watch is the LB they got in the 3rd
at his workout for al davis , they asked him
to line up and rush the passer from DE
then they had him rush from LB spot

afterwards , al called down to the field and had
the kid removed from the field and demanded
that no one in the organization mention his
name again before the draft . . . . . .

al may be a nutcase . . . but he knows talent

oh yeah

they won't be better than us

but they'll be damn good

I thought this is a PRESEASON POWER ranking....not an END OF THE YEAR power rankings prediction, which is basically what he turned it into when he got to number 8.....If it is a POWER ranking then the Dolphins should be ranked number 1 because the writer can't find anything negative about the Fins(now) except that they might fade down the stretch(then).....So are these rankings for NOW or THEN?

AND....The funny thing about those rankings is that the writer gives a reason that each team can fail, and it specifically relates to personell....when he gets to the Dolphins it's got nothing to do with personell.... according to the writer there's no reason why the Dolphins should fail due to a lack of personel..... ....

Last edited:
Jacksonville should be higher, Peterson and Douglas will really help the D. We are a little low but I could really care less.

Ok, I've looked at the rankings and I've come up with the perfect conclusion.

ESPN must be hurting for hits on their NFL pages so they pop up this so called rankings listing.
People flock to it as if:
1. It means something.
2. Pre-Pre-Pre-Pre-season is upon us.
3. All the players on the teams will make it and wont be cut.
4. June 1st cuts are already complete.
5. ESPN knows what the hell they're talking about this early before even training camp starts.
6. Stop me when I've gone to far.
7. There will be no more player movements.

I'm amazed that they have even wasted web server space with this page. It amazes me. It even amazes me more that people read it and then start to analyze it as if it's something close to the truth. haha Yeah, thats me. I'm a rebel.

But then again, you might be right. :D

I'D rather be ranked last and prove everyone wrong.

So would I. What's the world coming to? I'm in agreement with a Bills fan! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom