Newest additions on Adam Gase and more | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Newest additions on Adam Gase and more

The fast WR group needs a nick name? How about "The Miami Speed Machine"?

Ozzy rules!!
How about the NFS junkies.
If they play fast and well then it means: we feel the " Need For Speed".
If they play poorly there is probably something else those letters can stand for.
We won't have to change a thing!

I have little doubt we will be getting a TE this year at 42 this year. Good value should present itself in the 2nd. If you gotta move up to guarantee yourself the top guy on your board im all for it.

Tannehill deserves help.

All this speed on the field but to me the effectiveness of the offense comes down to these 3 things and in this order:

1. The O-line must gel as a unit and provide a level of pass and run blocking better than we have seen since 2002. That will not be easy. Can’t hold the blocks, the speed won’t matter.

2. Need a pass catching TE - a real one - not some 50 pounds overweight washed up bum.

3. Parker - he needs to play like the big bodied wideout that we thought we were getting when we drafted him. He needs to draw serious attention every time he lines up - that will help create the mis-matches needed to use all of that speed on the field. I think no 1 and no 2 can happen. I’m less confident about Parker who’s lacks concentration, mental toughness, physical toughness and nastiness required to play the role he was drafted to play. Prove me wrong big fella.

They can be as fast as they want to be, but if we keep killing ourselves with stupid false start penalties, we aren't going anywhere but backwards. I don't care about the speed aspect as much as I care about the discipline aspect. If we quit beating ourselves, we might actually stand a chance out there.

Tanny should be on the field right now practicing nothing but deep bombs!

Remember how well he was throwing it before he got hurt? He was laying them right in there! I hope he gets back to form. What Tannehill are we going to get is the big wildcard for me. Our whole season depends on it.

I wrote about discipline yesterday I believe. I think it will be night and day as far as penalties. We got rid of the brunt of the problems, Landry, Suh and and Pouncey committed many penalties.

That 4.4 40 is still slower than the 3 seconds our QB has to throw before getting pressured. Let's see how Gase protects his quarterback. No drugs this year, ok?

All this speed on the field but to me the effectiveness of the offense comes down to these 3 things and in this order:

1. The O-line must gel as a unit and provide a level of pass and run blocking better than we have seen since 2002. That will not be easy. Can’t hold the blocks, the speed won’t matter.

2. Need a pass catching TE - a real one - not some 50 pounds overweight washed up bum.

3. Parker - he needs to play like the big bodied wideout that we thought we were getting when we drafted him. He needs to draw serious attention every time he lines up - that will help create the mis-matches needed to use all of that speed on the field. I think no 1 and no 2 can happen. I’m less confident about Parker who’s lacks concentration, mental toughness, physical toughness and nastiness required to play the role he was drafted to play. Prove me wrong big fella.

One of my concerns is OL. It will likely take them 4 games to gel

They can be as fast as they want to be, but if we keep killing ourselves with stupid false start penalties, we aren't going anywhere but backwards. I don't care about the speed aspect as much as I care about the discipline aspect. If we quit beating ourselves, we might actually stand a chance out there.
Great point and right on. Need to clean it up - two years of too many fouls.

I just hope tanny can hit them in stride. I remember he underthrows people more than anything else and always seems to me like the WR cutting across the middle had to slow down AND reach behind him for the catch. I hope he's been working on that too.

Back
Top Bottom