NFL analysis of the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL analysis of the AFC East

Justasportsfan said:
I expect another tight battle in the AFCE.

I agree, while I think the pats are the team to beat, last year, we were so close to them in the games and actually should have won game 1, that I think the smallest tweats can make a big difference.

There is a serious quarterback issue in Miami between newcomer A.J. Feeley and returning starter Fiedler. From what I'm told, Fiedler has a commanding lead on the position -- at least for Kickoff Weekend. He knows the offense as well as the coaches do, and with Boston on the field he might have enough weapons to hold off Feeley, much like Jon Kitna held off Carson Palmer in Cincinnati last year.

This didn't surprise you? He doesn't seem to buy that Feeley was brought in to start right away.

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty well written, especially after reading Prisco's garbage.

Rookie Wideouts rarely make a big difference. But if the Bills can get similar production from Lee Evans that Miami got from Chambers, then I think Miami and Buffalo will battle for 2nd place. Jets defense is so far behind, I can't see them not finishing last place this year.

I like it alot, makes a new picture on the Phins for 2004. Either way, Kirwin is saying we are going to the playoffs. I hope we win the division though and his predicitions are 10-11 wins which isn't shabby.

I think the AFCE will be the division that will make the biggest stirr. Even a bigger stir then the NFCW

It makes me wonder though. Are our defense's really that good? Do the offense's suffer because of great D's? Or do the D's get padded stats due to anemic offense's? If we are all in a division with piss poor offense's, that means we're getting 6 games against anemic offense's, along with the handful of Gimme games good teams get every year...hmmmm....

The Pats may be the team to beat because they are SB champs but I honestly don't think they are head and shoulders above the rest of the division. They just won the close games that could of went either way(Fins,Texans,Colts, even the Panthers) while the Fins did just the opposite lost(Pats,Texans,Colts), a few bounces either way and the division comes out in a different order.

I think the division is up for grabs.

Either way you figure it the pats were on the end of a couple lucky breaks last year. If it wasnt for their head coach i wouldnt be suprised if they finished 3rd in the AFC east. All that matters now is that the dolphins focus on the early game in NE next year and try to make the best of the schedule they have

FlyingElvis said:
This didn't surprise you? He doesn't seem to buy that Feeley was brought in to start right away.

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty well written, especially after reading Prisco's garbage.
It doesn't surprise me that a national columnist could be mistaken if he hasn't followed the TC developments as closely as the local beat writers or even us fans on this website.

DolphinsD5499 said:
Either way you figure it the pats were on the end of a couple lucky breaks last year. If it wasnt for their head coach i wouldnt be suprised if they finished 3rd in the AFC east. All that matters now is that the dolphins focus on the early game in NE next year and try to make the best of the schedule they have

And exactly what did their head coach do to cause Mare to miss those 2 field goals in the first game. What did their head coach do to have their LB intercept Feilders quick pass in the 2nd game? So how did the head coach earn such praise for standing on the side lines and watching, but if the ball bounch this way or that way, did he wish it into their arms..is that his secret?

Back
Top Bottom