NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws'

Slim

VIPeezy
Reaction score
He had Tannehill ranked 2nd behind Luck this week in QB play, but actually struggled with the decision saying Tannehill did everything that was asked of him.

After an electric Week 4 effort vs. the Arizona Cardinals, Tannehill played a very composed gameagainst the Cincinnati Bengals. The play in Tannehill's highlight package below starting around :47 seconds says it all. Tannehill stands tall in the pocket on third-and-10 and delivers a pass between three defenders just before taking a shot. Miami's offensive line has done an excellent job overall this year, but Tannehill handles himself very well when protection breaks down. You just don't see this type of third-and-long conversion from the pocket from Brandon Weeden or Russell Wilson.
I thought hard about ranking Tannehill first this week. He did almost everything the Dolphins asked. He started fast (129 yards on his first 12 throws) to take the lead. There were a handful of "wow" plays. He ranks second because Luck played his best with the game on the line, but this was a second straight very encouraging effort from Tannehill. Dolphins fans have to be thrilled.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...kie-qb-ranks-andrew-luck-ryan-tannehill-shine

He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I dont care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the recievers YAC.

When Tannehill starts throwing TDs with regularity these talking heads will be falling all over themselves claiming they knew it all along...which is a bunch of cow manure. Don't think I haven't been watching Mike Lombardi on NFL network to see when he says something positive about Tannehill, he was the loudest mouth against the pick and said Tannehill is not a first rounder. And I can't remember the other clown that said Tannehill would never do anything in the NFL.

I really hate to say it but B Marshal should still be a Dolphin. Most of his beef with Moore and Henne was ball placement. Henne did not have not a deep ball or accuracy and Moore was hit or miss but RT gives you the same fire power consistently in or out the pocket. Cutler can fire it but nowhere near the accuracy of RT.

I really hate to say it but B Marshal should still be a Dolphin. Most of his beef with Moore and Henne was ball placement. Henne did not have not a deep ball or accuracy and Moore was hit or miss but RT gives you the same fire power consistently in or out the pocket. Cutler can fire it but nowhere near the accuracy of RT.

No...we need to get over this already. Time to move on people. Marshall just would've bitched if Tannehill happened to not look his way. Our young QB doesn't need that. We'll get our number 1 receiver soon enough.

No...we need to get over this already. Time to move on people. Marshall just would've bitched if Tannehill happened to not look his way. Our young QB doesn't need that. We'll get our number 1 receiver soon enough.

You cant hide your QB he will never be a real pro if he cant face adversity. Its bound to happen at least with Marshal you knew it was coming. What happens when some else on the team takes a shot at him???? Even the Patroits go through this and they are winners. Look what San Fran went through with their Davis. How Rattled do you thinkDC was when he missed the kick lagainst the Bengals. Its going to happen public or not. Troy Aikmen played with one of the biggest mouths in football and both are in the HOF. I think brady went after his OC or vice versa during a game.

You cant hide your QB he will never be a real pro if he cant face adversity. Its bound to happen at least with Marshal you knew it was coming. What happens when some else on the team takes a shot at him???? Even the Patroits go through this and they are winners. Look what San Fran went through with their Davis. How Rattled do you thinkDC was when he missed the kick lagainst the Bengals. Its going to happen public or not. Troy Aikmen played with one of the biggest mouths in football and both are in the HOF.

Apples to oranges, man. No doubt Tannehill will need to face adversity (and he already has), but he doesn't need a diva receiver yelling in his face every time he doesn't look his way or throws a ball slightly off target.

He was hit on the hands.

Apples to oranges, man. No doubt Tannehill will need to face adversity (and he already has), but he doesn't need a diva receiver yelling in his face every time he doesn't look his way or throws a ball slightly off target.

I watched every Dolphin game and didnt see that.

He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I dont care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the recievers YAC.

That is a great point..........pre-draft I thought it was being said that he was most accurate while on the run. But please, the man can make all the throws. I for one am sure glad Ireland played his hand close to the vest, but in the interest of full disclosure I believed that the rookie should have sat for a year :crazy:.

On a side note Heine where can I find the girl in the sig!!! Great Graciousness!!

i cant stop staring at your signature pic & avi .... :d-day:

I agree 100%, I want a #1 that does want the ball everytime, but will have no problem being a decoy, or not getting it, because there was a better

option on that play. Marshall would have ruined Tannehill's throw it to whomever is open approach.

He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I don't care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the receivers YAC.

Spoken like a true QB coach and talent evaluator!

Dang. So true!

The fact that Tanny has his detractors is the same reason why some people think that Bess and Hartline are actually "the two best WRs in the league," lol -- they see stats on a paper and have no real idea how those stats got there. The only reason Bess and Hartline are doing well in stats is because the Phins have a QB that can put throws in extremely tight windows and often with zero separation. Give Miami REAL talent at the 1 and 2 WR positions, with Hartline and Bess as the 3 and 4, and wow!

Wow throws is right!

LD

As much as I want Miami to have a truly talented 1 WR and hopefully even a 2 far more talented than Bess, I have to say that I'm glad Marshall is gone. We need TEAM players more than we need "talent," imo. The talent will come -- in time for many playoff runs, imo. This year we are far better off for not having a diva WR. Take it slow ppl. We have too many holes other than WR to win a SB this year. So let Tanny develop and wait for Philbin to fix the WR lack of talent.

LD

Back
Top Bottom