NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Slim, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

He had Tannehill ranked 2nd behind Luck this week in QB play, but actually struggled with the decision saying Tannehill did everything that was asked of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...kie-qb-ranks-andrew-luck-ryan-tannehill-shine

2. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP Donator

He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I dont care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the recievers YAC.

3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

When Tannehill starts throwing TDs with regularity these talking heads will be falling all over themselves claiming they knew it all along...which is a bunch of cow manure. Don't think I haven't been watching Mike Lombardi on NFL network to see when he says something positive about Tannehill, he was the loudest mouth against the pick and said Tannehill is not a first rounder. And I can't remember the other clown that said Tannehill would never do anything in the NFL.

4. Heinegrabber

I really hate to say it but B Marshal should still be a Dolphin. Most of his beef with Moore and Henne was ball placement. Henne did not have not a deep ball or accuracy and Moore was hit or miss but RT gives you the same fire power consistently in or out the pocket. Cutler can fire it but nowhere near the accuracy of RT.

5. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

No...we need to get over this already. Time to move on people. Marshall just would've bitched if Tannehill happened to not look his way. Our young QB doesn't need that. We'll get our number 1 receiver soon enough.

6. Heinegrabber

You cant hide your QB he will never be a real pro if he cant face adversity. Its bound to happen at least with Marshal you knew it was coming. What happens when some else on the team takes a shot at him???? Even the Patroits go through this and they are winners. Look what San Fran went through with their Davis. How Rattled do you thinkDC was when he missed the kick lagainst the Bengals. Its going to happen public or not. Troy Aikmen played with one of the biggest mouths in football and both are in the HOF. I think brady went after his OC or vice versa during a game.

7. CalDolFan10x14

Apples to oranges, man. No doubt Tannehill will need to face adversity (and he already has), but he doesn't need a diva receiver yelling in his face every time he doesn't look his way or throws a ball slightly off target.

8. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

He was hit on the hands.

9. CalDolFan10x14

Exactly...that's the other thing. Tannehill could hit him in the hands and there's always a possibility Marshall drops it.

10. Heinegrabber

I watched every Dolphin game and didnt see that.

11. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR Scout Team

That is a great point..........pre-draft I thought it was being said that he was most accurate while on the run. But please, the man can make all the throws. I for one am sure glad Ireland played his hand close to the vest, but in the interest of full disclosure I believed that the rookie should have sat for a year :crazy:.

On a side note Heine where can I find the girl in the sig!!! Great Graciousness!!

12. finitis23

finitis23 Well-Known Member

i cant stop staring at your signature pic & avi .... :d-day:

13. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree 100%, I want a #1 that does want the ball everytime, but will have no problem being a decoy, or not getting it, because there was a better

option on that play. Marshall would have ruined Tannehill's throw it to whomever is open approach.

14. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Spoken like a true QB coach and talent evaluator!

Dang. So true!

The fact that Tanny has his detractors is the same reason why some people think that Bess and Hartline are actually "the two best WRs in the league," lol -- they see stats on a paper and have no real idea how those stats got there. The only reason Bess and Hartline are doing well in stats is because the Phins have a QB that can put throws in extremely tight windows and often with zero separation. Give Miami REAL talent at the 1 and 2 WR positions, with Hartline and Bess as the 3 and 4, and wow!

Wow throws is right!

LD

15. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

As much as I want Miami to have a truly talented 1 WR and hopefully even a 2 far more talented than Bess, I have to say that I'm glad Marshall is gone. We need TEAM players more than we need "talent," imo. The talent will come -- in time for many playoff runs, imo. This year we are far better off for not having a diva WR. Take it slow ppl. We have too many holes other than WR to win a SB this year. So let Tanny develop and wait for Philbin to fix the WR lack of talent.

LD

16. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Loud out spoken veteran receivers rarely work well with young rookie quarterbacks. It's best if you have a young qb growing with a young receiver, such as Stafford and Johnson, Cutler and Marshall in Denver or even Marino and Clayton in Miami.

I like Marshall and appreciate the time he spent here, he's happy with Cutler in Chicago and Miami will find their receiver. That being said, I would rather see Miami with Alshon Jeffery than Marshall. Tannehill to Jeffery would be a nice building block for the future.

17. mariocarciero

mariocarciero Starter

who is the pink chick?

18. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

We'll get a player better than Marshall.

19. OhioFinatic

OhioFinatic Rookie

I said "wow" at the throw where he rolled right and hit 82 over the db. And he underthrew it! A little more air under and it was 6 for Hartline. I like what I'm seeing. :hclap:

20. So Be

So Be A True Fan

I absolutely love how Tannehill has looked so far. However, teams win or lose games because of how their QB does in the Red Zone, and putting points on the board. Many are saying how great RT was this past week but, 230 yards, 0 TD's, and 17 points say otherwise. His 2 TD's and 6 picks say the same.

I am NOT raining on the Tanny Parade but, he does have a ways to go. All the talent in the world matters little if you cannot score points in the NFL. We have seen it, all too often.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Who? From where? When?

21. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

In Joe Flaaco 1st year he threw 14 TD's, but the Ravens rushed for 20 TD's

There is nothing wrong with having RT17 pass the ball down the field and then have our backs finish the drive with a slam it in you face rushing TD. They count the same.

RT17 stats will come later.

22. gregorygrant83

Touchdown passes are way over rated. If Tannehill hit Hartline inside the 5 and Thomas or Bush runs it in on the next play or two it's the same as a touchdown pass in my book. I wish someone kept a stat on percentage of touchdown drives a qb leads. That being said, I would like to see a few more touchdowns, but I don't care if they come on the ground or in the air.

23. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

here is a break down of Flacco's improvement

2008 14 passing 20 rushing
    2009 21 passing 22 rushing
    2010 25 passing 11 rushing
    2011 21 passing 15 rushing
    2012 7 passing 5 rushing

As you can see it took until the 3rd year until he reached his career high. And even then it dipped into the rushing TD's so that the overall was actuall lower than the year before.

Actually the 2009 season was the best with balance between run and pass and the most by the Raven over the last 4 years.

Right now we are weighted heavy on the run TD's and not enough pass TD's. But that will improve with time.

24. gregorygrant83

For the record: RGIII has led 12 touchdown drives, Tannehill 11, Luck 9 (in 4 games instead of 5), Weeden 9 and Wilson 7.