NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws'

Loud out spoken veteran receivers rarely work well with young rookie quarterbacks. It's best if you have a young qb growing with a young receiver, such as Stafford and Johnson, Cutler and Marshall in Denver or even Marino and Clayton in Miami.

I like Marshall and appreciate the time he spent here, he's happy with Cutler in Chicago and Miami will find their receiver. That being said, I would rather see Miami with Alshon Jeffery than Marshall. Tannehill to Jeffery would be a nice building block for the future.

He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I dont care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the recievers YAC.

who is the pink chick?

I said "wow" at the throw where he rolled right and hit 82 over the db. And he underthrew it! A little more air under and it was 6 for Hartline. I like what I'm seeing. :hclap:

I absolutely love how Tannehill has looked so far. However, teams win or lose games because of how their QB does in the Red Zone, and putting points on the board. Many are saying how great RT was this past week but, 230 yards, 0 TD's, and 17 points say otherwise. His 2 TD's and 6 picks say the same.

I am NOT raining on the Tanny Parade but, he does have a ways to go. All the talent in the world matters little if you cannot score points in the NFL. We have seen it, all too often.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

We'll get a player better than Marshall.

Who? From where? When?

I absolutely love how Tannehill has looked so far. However, teams win or lose games because of how their QB does in the Red Zone, and putting points on the board. Many are saying how great RT was this past week but, 230 yards, 0 TD's, and 17 points say otherwise. His 2 TD's and 6 picks say the same.

I am NOT raining on the Tanny Parade but, he does have a ways to go. All the talent in the world matters little if you cannot score points in the NFL. We have seen it, all too often.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Who? From where? When?

In Joe Flaaco 1st year he threw 14 TD's, but the Ravens rushed for 20 TD's

There is nothing wrong with having RT17 pass the ball down the field and then have our backs finish the drive with a slam it in you face rushing TD. They count the same.

RT17 stats will come later.

Touchdown passes are way over rated. If Tannehill hit Hartline inside the 5 and Thomas or Bush runs it in on the next play or two it's the same as a touchdown pass in my book. I wish someone kept a stat on percentage of touchdown drives a qb leads. That being said, I would like to see a few more touchdowns, but I don't care if they come on the ground or in the air.

here is a break down of Flacco's improvement

2008 14 passing 20 rushing
2009 21 passing 22 rushing
2010 25 passing 11 rushing
2011 21 passing 15 rushing
2012 7 passing 5 rushing

As you can see it took until the 3rd year until he reached his career high. And even then it dipped into the rushing TD's so that the overall was actuall lower than the year before.

Actually the 2009 season was the best with balance between run and pass and the most by the Raven over the last 4 years.

Right now we are weighted heavy on the run TD's and not enough pass TD's. But that will improve with time.

For the record: RGIII has led 12 touchdown drives, Tannehill 11, Luck 9 (in 4 games instead of 5), Weeden 9 and Wilson 7.

Back
Top Bottom