Nfl.com top 10 QBs under 25- Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl.com top 10 QBs under 25- Ryan Tannehill

I'm just patiently waiting to see what Tannehil does this season with the new cast.

Tannehill's number one on the to do list this offseason - learn how to slide.

It appears that Tannehill is working very hard to be better. He looks bigger and stronger. It is great that Philbin states that he is excited that Tannehill is putting in the time needed to reach that next level. I expect a measurably better season from him this year! I will be shocked and disappointed with anything performance below this expectation. I am not sure what measurably better means yet, but something like

3800 yds., 22. TDs., 10 ints.

Another perspective on expected better performance includes a quicker start and better 4th quarter performances.

Fun article and videos. To say I am excited about next season would be a huge understatement. I do have to say It is sad how quickly and easily our receivers went down last year, I have no idea how Hartline did not score on that long pass. He had 3 yards on the defender and was barely pushed from behind when he went down. The defender even acts surprised. And watching Bess cover up like a grenade is going off next to him without ANY contact is disturbing. I love Hartline and hope he can improve his RAC this season. I really like Bess as well but will not miss his limitations of speed, height, and RAC.

I can only guess to how many yards were left on the field last year, but I am sure it is a significant amount, Hopefully Wallace and Mathews/Binns can improve this as Gibson has a very poor RAC as well. I do feel Gibson is and upgrade over Bess as he brings more diversity in the ability to line up outside and get in the end-zone.

As has been said many times, Tannehill had very little help form his receivers last year and still looked damn good as a rookie. I have a definite sense of optimism for this year. Come on September!

How many times did the supposedly "great" Miami WRs make Tannehill fit the ball into zero separation windows? Incredible number.

How many times did the supposedly "great" Hartline have to take precious seconds getting open on double and triple moves... or running BACK TOWARD THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, breaking off all vertical challenge in order to get open? Incredible number.

Bottom line: Many, far too many completions were ON THE QB to make happen... when a zero separation window WITHOUT great physical leaping ability or without great catch radius is completed, thank the QB -- NOT THE WR.

The end.

Miami had perhaps the worst talented WR corps in the league last year.

We added Wallace. But apart from Wallace, it's still mediocre pabulum -- and pretending to be great every time the QB enables them to make a zero separation, low catch radius, poor leaping ability catch. lol

LD

Back
Top Bottom