NFL.com wonders out loud if Moreno will make final roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com wonders out loud if Moreno will make final roster

matthewcannata

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
From www.phinmaniacs.com:

The NFL.com “Around the League” team took a look at several players who they expect to regress in 2014 after having a big 2013 season. One of the players on the list included current Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno, who they signed to a one-year deal in the offseason.

Last season with the Denver Broncos and with Peyton Manning as quarterback, Moreno gained 1,586 yards from scrimmage. It was a breakout year for Moreno but was it because of him or because of the way that opposing defenses were playing due to the threat of a pass on every play? The writers took it a step further and wondered out loud whether or not Moreno will even make the Miami Dolphins roster!

Other players on the list included Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Fred Jackson, Antonio Gates, Cam Newton, DeMarcus Ware and Arian Foster.

Moreno has been battling injuries throughout the offseason and hasn’t seen much time with the first-team during offseason activities. He will now miss several weeks of camp but I’m not so sure many people expected him to grab the starting job anyways. He was primarily brought to Miami for his pass protection skills and his ability to catch balls out of the backfield. Despite his injuries and his slow adjustment period, he should find a spot on the final roster.

From www.phinmaniacs.com:

Moreno has been battling injuries throughout the offseason and hasn’t seen much time with the first-team during offseason activities. He will now miss several weeks of camp but I’m not so sure many people expected him to grab the starting job anyways. He was primarily brought to Miami for his pass protection skills and his ability to catch balls out of the backfield. Despite his injuries and his slow adjustment period, he should find a spot on the final roster.

Who says Moreno is going to miss several weeks of camp? His rehab from arthroscopic surgery was only supposed to take four weeks which would have him ready for the start of camp next week.

He will make the final roster, and he is expected to be back for the start of training camp. So he won't miss "weeks" of practice. They might start him slow the first week, but he will likely be there.

Maybe if we drafted a RB, but considering our other options are Miller and Thomas, I'd say there is about a 1% chance of him not making the roster.

Miller, Thomas and Gillislee are ****. He makes the roster.

He makes the roster because the rest of the RB's have proven nothing.

Miller has proven he has speed but goes down at the slightest touch.

Thomas has proven he is a big RB that runs like a little RB.

Gillislee..... did he even take a snap last season?

Thiggy maybe plays the WR/RB role? (Apart from KR/PR)

I could see that UDFA Williams out of OU making the cut over Gillislee.

A 50% in shape Moreno makes the Dolphins roster. :bobdole:

He needs to miss weeks of eating portillos. Man's going to be a FB if he isn't careful.

He'll make the team because he's the only RB that can protect the QB. This is, of course, unless someone else becomes available.

I could see that UDFA Williams out of OU making the cut over Gillislee.

I agree. Damien Williams - from Oklahoma is very strongly built and a load to bring down (he resembles a Ram truck). Gillislee needs to show significantly more than we saw last year or Williams will run straight past him and onto the roster. Williams was a decent RB on a decent college team. He was unlucky not to get drafted.

Moreno has been battling injuries throughout the offseason and hasn’t seen much time with the first-team during offseason activities.

He hasn't seen time because its glorified flag football and he was injured. Never has anyone won or lost a job in MAY and JUNE practices. Football fans these days are so crazy for any bit of news they make mountain out of molehills. This is a classic example

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Who says Moreno is going to miss several weeks of camp? His rehab from arthroscopic surgery was only supposed to take four weeks which would have him ready for the start of camp next week.

Correct! Thank you for talking FACTS! Some of these hack wanna-be journalists who have crappy websites they start in their parents basement just run with nonsense to try and get hits. Moreno will be 100% ready by the 1st practice of Training Camp!

Wow, my friends and I were discussing how Heath Evans Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp have jobs with NFL Network and which one will be the next to pull a Darren Shaprer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, my friends and I were discussing how Heath Evans Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp have jobs with NFL Network and which one will be the next to pull a Darren Shaprer.

What a classy trio. You know that it's pretty bad when Jamie Dukes is the most intelligent, most articulate and most handsome of the three.

I stopped watching that network out of season since the talent is so bad.

Back
Top Bottom