ot seantrel henderson
miami

olb prince shembo
notre dame

og zach fulton
tennessee

dt eathyn manumaleuna
byu

OK, I love this site. Garbage in-garbage out, so their rankings of players will influence the outcome, but it's fun nonetheless.

With our newly minted #19 draft slotting, I managed to get a great draft. It'll never actually happen, because spending the first 4 picks to fix the OL is considered crazy ... but I'd take these guys:

19 OT TAYLOR LEWAN MICHIGAN

50 OG ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

81 OT JACK MEWHORT OHIO STATE

112 OT JAMES HURST UNC

Getting James Hurst at 112 is a pipe dream ... but hey, this would be one heck of a draft. 3 legitimate OT's in the group for coverage and 4 good pass blockers to go with Pouncey. Start a couple of them as rookies or take our lumps and start all 4, but this would be the backbone of a strong offensive line for most of Tannehill's career ... and that's a heck of a good thing from a draft IMHO.

Hurst may fall now that he had his leg injury in the bowl game. If he's lucky it was clean break, but I thought it might be worse based on the description during the game where they would not show the replay.

OK, maybe it is just me because I picked them.....BUT if our draft looked liked this I would be happy as ever.

19 - TE ERIC EBRON - UNC (He is a huge weapon in the seam and outside. Would be a matchup nightmare!)

50 - S LAMARCUS JOYNER - FLORIDA STATE (Could replace Clemons and has cover ability as well as being able to tackle. This would allow Jones to play in the box more)

81 - RB CARLOS HYDE - OHIO STATE (I have to admit, I would be blown away to have this guy on our team. He is a big back with GREAT FEET and BURST)

112 - OLB TELVIN SMITH - FLORIDA STATE (Very athletic LB and a leader. He may need to bulk up but is good in coverage)

143 - OT SEANTREL HENDERSON - MIAMI (Was a 5 Star recruit and has great size to set the edge. Reminds me a little of a younger McKinnie, just a little smaller)

174 - C RUSSELL BODINE - NORTH CAROLINA (Could play him at C or OG, very good player with decent athleticism and power)

211 - OT JEREMIAH SIRLES - NEBRASKA (Good size and GREAT HEART. I saw this guy play through multiple injuries this year and still was dominant)

Ur picks
te eric ebron
unc
ilb shayne skov
stanford
g gabe jackson
mississippi state
og anthony steen
alabama
s hakeem smith
louisville
wr t.j. Jones
notre dame
rb stephen houston
indiana

I did two pretty good drafts i think.

OT GREG ROBINSON (Starting LT for Years to come, I was very surprised he fell this far.)
AUBURN

ILB SHAYNE SKOV (Put him inside, Move Ellerbe Outside, Get rid of Wheeler.)
STANFORD

RB CHARLES SIMS (Really Like Him, Strong runner inside with enough speed to make team pay on the outside and is a good reciever out of the backfield.)
WVU

DT ANTHONY JOHNSON (Replaces Big Paul or Starks, Could have taken Hurst but I'm a big fan of Johnson, Very athletic for as big as he is, Could become a Starter one day.)
LSU

OG BRANDON THOMAS (Don't know much about him but he was the top G on the Board.)
CLEMSON

OG RYAN GROY (He was the Top G on the board.)
WISCONSIN

OT BILLY TURNER (Good small school T, Would probably Compete for the starting RT job in camp.)
NORTH DAKOTA STATE

And the other draft.

TE ERIC EBRON (Playmaking TE, Will make the passing game that much better next year.)
UNC

OT LA’EL COLLINS (Was top T on the Board, Would compete for one of the vacant starting T Jobs.)
LSU

ILB CHRIS BORLAND (He's a Undersized but he's a leader and amazing run stopper, Would Replace Wheeler.)
WISCONSIN

OT JAMES HURST (Somehow fell to the 4th round, Will Compete for one of the starting T jobs.)
UNC

CB DEION BELUE (Secondary depth, was the top CB on the board.)
ALABAMA

RB JAMES WILDER JR. (Big powerful back that we needed this year, with lots of potential.)
FLORIDA STATE

OG KADEEM EDWARDS (Was top G on the board, No idea who he is.)
TENNESSEE STATE

I think my first draft was better but i thought both were pretty good.

Here's what I have, not a pro. Have seen a few play, looked up the rest based on what was availible

RD 1 P19 OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO ALABAMA
RD 2 P50 RB TRE MASON AUBURN
RD 3 P81 OT JACK MEWHORT OHIO STATE
RD 4 P112 ILB MAX BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE
RD 5 P143 S C.J.BARNETT OHIO STATE
RD 6 P174 WR RASHAD GREENE FLORIDA STATE
RD 7 P211 OLB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS BOSTON COLLEGE

Back
Top Bottom