NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries.....

Lombardi is a very reputable figure...If it’s false you can bet it’s in Tua’s best interest to refute it...it’s common sense. Even his agent didn’t
Then why is he the only one reporting this?

Then why is he the only one reporting this?

Why does anyone break a story? He was the one who had the connection that gave him the info.

The point is...if you were Tua, and your future and draft status was riding on this? And this was a total BS story...you would be publicly calling Lombardi out and refuting it...I know I would!

Lombardi is a very reputable figure
What are you taking about?

The Mike Lombardi who said this prior to the Eagles’ SB-winning season:

“He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL. Everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen. When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?”

Or the Mike Lombardi who said that Ryan Malllet and Blaine Gabbert we’re more likely to succeed than Cam Newton, stating:

“Ryan Mallett will have the largest impact of any quarterback drafted this year, and his impact will be felt on and off the field. While there is a perception about Mallett, the reality is much different. With that in mind, my money is on Mallett and Blaine Gabbert being the two to succeed. Each fits the criteria above and has the skill set to lead a team.”

And despite his his three SB rings - one from being a scout under Bill Walsh in the 80s, the other two when he was ‘assistant to the coaches’ (whatever the **** that is) under Bill Belichick - whenever he held a senior position and was entrusted with making decisions he completely failed to successfully identify and develop young QBs.

Lombardi is a clown who has successfully traded on being associated with successful coaches and franchises while completely failing when being given control of franchises himself, and has still been able to carve out a career as a media analyst in which his main role is to look reputable and spout mildly controversial or pseudo-intellectual crap in order to convince gullible fools that he has something to say worth clicking a website link for.

Last edited:
I really thought Ryan Mallet was going to be a decent QB . Shows what I know.......:shrug:

What are you taking about?

The Mike Lombardi who said this prior to the Eagles’ SB-winning season:

“He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL. Everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen. When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?”

Or the Mike Lombardi who said that Ryan Malllet and Blaine Gabbert we’re more likely to succeed than Cam Newton, stating:

“Ryan Mallett will have the largest impact of any quarterback drafted this year, and his impact will be felt on and off the field. While there is a perception about Mallett, the reality is much different. With that in mind, my money is on Mallett and Blaine Gabbert being the two to succeed. Each fits the criteria above and has the skill set to lead a team.”

And despite his his three SB rings - one from being a scout under Bill Walsh in the 80s, the other two when he was ‘assistant to the coaches’ (whatever the **** that is) under Bill Belichick - whenever he held a senior position and was entrusted with making decisions he completely failed to successfully identify and develop young QBs.

Lombardi is a clown who has successfully traded on being associated with successful coaches and franchises while completely failing when being given control of franchises himself, and has still been able to carve out a career as a media analyst in which his main role is to look reputable and spout mildly controversial or pseudo-intellectual crap in order to convince gullible fools that he has something to say worth clicking a website link for.

Are you discussing his misses in opinion...or an insider report he received from an NFL team executive?

Because the two things are different!

You Tua fanatics need to chill out and realize that there’s a reasonable chance Grier will pass on his injury history.

If Grier rolls the dice, he better not trade up for him...if He takes him at 5,I will be his biggest fan and pray his injury struggles don’t continue.

Are you discussing his misses in opinion...or an insider report he received from an NFL team executive?

Because the two things are different
Both. The guy’s a moronic attention whore, unless it comes with some kind of proof why would I believe him when he goes on a podcast and claims to have heard something? It’s how he makes his living.

Both. The guy’s a moronic attention whore, unless it comes with some kind of proof why would I believe him when he goes on a podcast and claims to have heard something? It’s how he makes his living.

Again...everybody has opinions that are wrong...Chris Grier drafted Charles Harris among other misses and hits. His Rosen trade is so far a miss.

Lombardi’s NFL connections due to 24 years of NFL experience are unquestioned.

His report “has not” been disputed yet... which is interesting to a logical mind that is not a Tua fanboy.

Reputable does not mean your opinions are always right... nobody’s are...it means he wouldn’t lie when a front office person told him anonymously that they flunked Tua on his medical....that he had previously undisclosed surgeries...and that one of those teams was a top ten drafter needing a QB.

So....either Cincinnati, Miami, San Diego or Carolina removed Tua from their board in the top ten.

Again...everybody has opinions that are wrong...Chris Grier drafted Charles Harris among other misses and hits. His Rosen trade is so far a miss.

His report “has not” been disputed yet... which is interesting to a logical mind that is not a Tua fanboy.

Reputable does not mean your opinions are always right... nobody’s are...it means he wouldn’t lie when a front office person told him anonymously that they flunked Tua on his medical....that he had previously undisclosed surgeries...and that one of those teams was a top ten drafter needing a QB.

So....either Cincinnati, Miami, San Diego or Carolina removed Tua from their board in the top ten.

Why do you keep throwing the term logic around when presented with facts and deep studies on injuries and the concept of injury-prone?

As far as disputed...the tweet above from an ESPN reporter disputes it.

Why do you consider him reputable? Given his history of arrogant self-promotion I think it’s a very real possibility that either i) he is lying about or embellishing what he has heard, knowing that it’s vague enough never to be truly proven wrong, or ii) he has genuinely been told this but is being fed false information and is happy to play his role in it as it gets his name out there.

Lombardi could be correct, but to act like he is unbiased is to put your head in the sand. He’s used his platform to spin stories for his friends before (about 10 different Belichick and Bill O’Brien examples are out there).

Not to mention, one of his sons is a QB coach for Carolina (sitting at #7) and the other is a QB coach for New England.

He is an unreliable source and would need additional evidence or at least ONE other person to confirm his conjecture.
Correct it takes 2 to corroborate ohh wait Rex Ryan will corroborate....

I have never heard "reputable" and Lombardi used together before this thread.

I like in Massachusetts and he has long been known as a Bill Belichick water carrier up here.

The local sports radio guys openly mock his pronouncements, especially in how they might help the Patriots.

He should not be taken seriously.

I understand some here are against taking Tua and that is fine. But don't jump in a foxhole with Lombardi to win that war.

Why do you keep throwing the term logic around when presented with facts and deep studies on injuries and the concept of injury-prone?

As far as disputed...the tweet above from an ESPN reporter disputes it.

This isn’t about his opinion....he’s a 24 year NFL scout, director of pro player, director of scouting, GM and executive...very connected.

The report he got from two teams, one in the top ten needing a QB...was that he failed their medical and that previously undisclosed injuries and surgeries were uncovered.

You attempt to belittle his long term connections with calling him an ESPN reporter... but it doesn’t fly.

And “logically”....if Tua’s “team” doesn’t dispute the injuries and surgeries... they must be true!

Why do you consider him reputable? Given his history of arrogant self-promotion I think it’s a very real possibility that either i) he is lying about or embellishing what he has heard, knowing that it’s vague enough never to be truly proven wrong, or ii) he has genuinely been told this but is being fed false information and is happy to play his role in it as it gets his name out there.

Again...it would largely be in Tua’s best interest to shoot it down if false...do you not understand that?

Back
Top Bottom