NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
Playing out the 5th year option makes a lot of sense, can be motivating to the player and also can help avoid a big big mistake if things go poorly in 2024. Things change quickly in the NFL was one of Darlington's points and that can't be denied.

I mean he’s gotten just about 1100 yards 4 out of 7 years and had 1200 yards and 13 tds on the ground and another 300 yards receiving and 3 tds the year they made the Super Bowl. He’s good for about 300 receiving a year and 2-3 tds as well.

Only 203 rbs in the history of the nfl have averaged more than 4.0 ypc for their career and Mixon is one of them. Mosterts great but he’s only had over 200 rushes once in his career which was this year. Mixon gets 200-250 every single year. Pretty sure everything I mentioned qualifies him as a great back. Elite? No probably not but certainly a great back.
No, your argument is durability. He is mediocre or slightly above average but far from great currently. Hence, why he is likely to be released. Again, I'll take the current form of Mostert even with his injury history over current form of Mixon.

Hurts and Burrow have gotten their teams to a Super Bowl and Love won a playoff game this past season. That alone puts them ahead of where Tua is at right now. Burrow is a true franchise QB and the jury is still out on Hurts and Love long term but the same thing can be said about Tua as well.
Hahaha my lord man you have so many terrible posts on here. A playoff win does not automatically put one guy over another, that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Mark sanchez made the AFC championship his first two years in the NFL and had a brutal career.

You realize QB isn't the only position on the team right? Maybe last year the eagles made the superbowl because of the team they built and not solely because of Jalen hurts?? Maybe they lost in the first round this year because the team wasn't as good and not solely because of hurts?

Hahaha my lord man you have so many terrible posts on here. A playoff win does not automatically put one guy over another, that might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Mark sanchez made the AFC championship his first two years in the NFL and had a brutal career.

You realize QB isn't the only position on the team right? Maybe last year the eagles made the superbowl because of the team they built and not solely because of Jalen hurts?? Maybe they lost in the first round this year because the team wasn't as good and not solely because of hurts?

You are cray cray bro.

The Chiefs 2nd ranked defense in PPG allowed and Butkers record setting day in the SB had nothing to do with the Chiefs success this year. Their o line that allowed an average pocket time of 2.5 seconds was irrelevant.

The 49ers 3rd ranked defense in PPG allowed and league leading RB had nothing to do with the 49ers success. Their O line with an average pocket time of 2.6 seconds was irrelevant.

It was all Purdy and Mahomes.

Miamis 23rd ranked defense in PPG allowed and O line allowing a league low 2.1 second average pocket time was also irrelevant.

The Dolphins failures this year was solely Tuas fault ad he's shown he can't win an important game. Even though, statistically speaking the offense in Miami was better. Whatever

Get with the program bro! The whole "team" argument is hogwash.
Almost any QB can do what Tua did and lead the top offense in the league.

No **** Sherlock! But I can also say if the Jets had a better QB in those two years they might have been able to win a Super Bowl. Also if Tua was the QB for the Eagles instead of Hurts last year they might not have even made it to the Super Bowl. So it goes both ways. Not one NFL team would take Tua over Burrow and I bet it's split between Tua and Hurts.

No **** Sherlock! But I can also say if the Jets had a better QB in those two years they might have been able to win a Super Bowl. Also if Tua was the QB for the Eagles instead of Hurts last year they might not have even made it to the Super Bowl. So it goes both ways. Not one NFL team would take Tua over Burrow and I bet it's split between Tua and Hurts
Lmao you literally counter your own argument without even realizing it. First you say certain QBs are above Tua because they won a playoff game and then you admit it's not all because of the QB. Can't make this up folks

Back
Top Bottom