NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
Agreed that the WR trio Burrow has had is never used against him. Disagreed that Mixon is anywhere near a 'great back' as he has averaged 4.0 ypc over the past two seasons and might be a cap casualty this offseason. For comparison purposes, Mostert is averaging 4.9 ypc in that same time period.

I mean he’s gotten just about 1100 yards 4 out of 7 years and had 1200 yards and 13 tds on the ground and another 300 yards receiving and 3 tds the year they made the Super Bowl. He’s good for about 300 receiving a year and 2-3 tds as well.

Only 203 rbs in the history of the nfl have averaged more than 4.0 ypc for their career and Mixon is one of them. Mosterts great but he’s only had over 200 rushes once in his career which was this year. Mixon gets 200-250 every single year. Pretty sure everything I mentioned qualifies him as a great back. Elite? No probably not but certainly a great back.

Darlington "believes"?

Well that settles it then.
I'd be inclined to believe that Jeff has heard something from inside the building. He's one of the few reporters I actually pay attention to when it comes to the Dolphins, he's usually clued in.

I was listening to the interview:

He doesn't say "he believes he will play under the fifth year option." Darlington says it's his opinion that he wouldn't extend Tua. He makes it very clear it's HIS opinion. Very different.

Oh, ignore above then. Maybe I should finish the thread before replying. :lol:

I don't buy it. Ross is old and rich as hell, he wants to win right now just like Jerrah. He knows if the team has another disappointing season he may be blowing it all up. He's not going to OK giving Tua a super long and expensive contract extension just to protect Grier and McDaniel, when all 3 are skating on thin ice.
Playoffs two years in a row for the first time in 20 years is "skating on thin ice". OK.

I'd be inclined to believe that Jeff has heard something from inside the building. He's one of the few reporters I actually pay attention to when it comes to the Dolphins, he's usually clued in.

Oh, ignore above then. Maybe I should finish the thread before replying. :lol:

Lol, nah its OK. I mean many in here we're defending its possible credibility simply because it was from Darlington.

Rather then realizing the poster who mentioned it without any link or context to what was ACTUALLY said.

It's all good haha. I probably would have been the same if it was on the positive side of Tua haha

Playoffs two years in a row for the first time in 20 years is "skating on thin ice". OK.
Ya but sooner or later they have to win in the playoffs or changes need to be made. They just can't keep having late season collapses and being one and done in the playoffs without some consequences.

Ya but sooner or later they have to win in the playoffs or changes need to be made. They just can't keep having late season collapses and being one and done in the playoffs without some consequences.
So burn it down and switch to no playoffs for a few years just to "try" again. Good thinking.

So burn it down and switch to no playoffs for a few years just to "try" again. Good thinking.
Or we can just let McDaniel and Grier keep their jobs for the next 10 years and this team never go any further than the wild card round. Ya sounds like a great idea!

Or we can just let McDaniel and Grier keep their jobs for the next 10 years and this team never go any further than the wild card round. Ya sounds like a great idea!
Does it ever get old posting the same thing over and over? Just curious. Is it like a copy paste thing? Ctrl+v?

LOL, nah its OK. I mean many in here we're defending its possible credibility simply because it was from Darlington.

Rather then realizing the poster who mentioned it without any link or context to what was ACTUALLY said.

It's all good haha. I probably would have been the same if it was on the positive side of Tua haha

dog infomercial GIF

Who needs context?

Does it ever get old posting the same thing over and over? Just curious. Is it like a copy paste thing? Ctrl+v?
Ya you couldn't actually respond with an intelligent response because you don't have one. Just keep wearing your aqua colored glasses and ignore me.

Ya you couldn't actually respond with an intelligent response because you don't have one. Just keep wearing your aqua colored glasses and ignore me.
maybe apply your own advice

Let's reign in in a bit gentlemen, and get back to actual football points and discussions.

I see a ton of hypocrisy here in general, TBH.

Do you believe someone else is making the decisions?

I ask because if Grier and/or McD are, wouldn't they be better off giving Tua a contract so they have more $ to spend in their make or break year? The only way I can mentally connect those dots is if they are not calling the shots.

It's all speculation, but if Tua plays on his fifth year option i think that's a strong indication of Ross's thought process.
Tua in a generational wealth contract year situation may not be the worst thing in the world either.

Back
Top Bottom