NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over

The words are "has paid" and heres a news flash for you. In washington senators and member of the house grease the palms of those who funded their campaigns every day. Did you just arrive in America?

I have to laugh at some of you guys. You'd believe Hitler as long as he wanted to punish the Patriots. Forgive me but that seems like nothing other than a jealous fan grasping at any straw to see a team punished weather they are proven guilty or not. How sick is that.
look...A. i was a history major...i know politicians have a long and distinguished history of taking bribes to make things seem more interesting than they really are.
B. ive lived here in massachusetts since i was in 3rd grade...roughly late 1988...and the pats up until 2001 were a laughing stock...god awful terrible much like the wanny years and this past year for the dolphins...
C. you dont make some shuttle blasting off lift from laughing stock to super bowl champs when your pro bowl qb gets knocked out and your second stringer who barely recieved any PT in college without something fishy being up
D. im not saying brady didn't develop into a great qb, not that at all...but again, you dont go from laughing stock to champs in that short of a time period without something being up
E. there are wayyyyyyyyyy too many scandalous things going on between the NFL and the patriots for them not to be up to no good...whether its destroying evidence, paying people to hush up, or whatever, the pats cheated...they did it many many many times...they won many many many games as a result of their cheating...did they win them all? nope...but does that justify them cheating? hell no
F. look, i know this whole scandal must be embarrassing for you as i know it must take alot of pride to come onto this board and hopelessly defend your team day after day after day...but they are wrong here...belichick is wrong, pioli is wrong, and kraft is wrong...they CHEATED
G. would it make you feel better if the senator was from hawaii and didnt like football? does that mean his/her pursuit of justice would be any less valid?

Jimmy
You are free to believe whatever it is that helps you sleep at night.
This whole video gate thing is so blown way out of proportion in isn't even funny.
When you factor in all the aspects of the NFL game today it would be impossible to win everything the Pats have won as you say by simply stealing "D" signals.
Coaches and players change teams every year. Teams are all trying to read those signals perhaps not using video but make no mistake about it they are all trying to steal them. If teams weren't then there would be no need for 3 men signaling with two decoys. I suppose that just began when belichick took over too. You try and make this all sound so neat and easy when in fact team are aware of this and regularly change those signals up for that very reason. Besides all that no team can have great success using one just one aspect of the game, you still need a defense and special teams units that can play at a high level. Steal all the signals you want but if your defense can't stop the other teams offense or you can't cover a KO or PR then you'll lose 9 out of 10 times. So what are those "D" signals going to do for your defense or special teams units? What Belichick did was wrong for sure and as such the team was penalized but its just not that easy to win in the NFL and if you think NE success was all because of those tapes you are in for a rude awaking. This season there were no video tape signals advantage so what are you going to attribute the 19-1 record too just luck or have you already started to dream up the next illegal advantage?

Look if you hate the Pats you should just say that, I can understand that but don't try and invent some lame story like you know all things football because after reading your post it very obvious you really don't know much about the way the game is really played. Not one head coach has givin two sh**s about any video gate advantage why?
Because Real football people know better thats why.

Jimmy
You are free to believe whatever it is that helps you sleep at night.
This whole video gate thing is so blown way out of proportion in isn't even funny.
When you factor in all the aspects of the NFL game today it would be impossible to win everything the Pats have won as you say by simply stealing "D" signals.
Coaches and players change teams every year. Teams are all trying to read those signals perhaps not using video but make no mistake about it they are all trying to steal them. If teams weren't then there would be no need for 3 men signaling with two decoys. I suppose that just began when belichick took over too. You try and make this all sound so neat and easy when in fact team are aware of this and regularly change those signals up for that very reason. Besides all that no team can have great success using one just one aspect of the game, you still need a defense and special teams units that can play at a high level. Steal all the signals you want but if your defense can't stop the other teams offense or you can't cover a KO or PR then you'll lose 9 out of 10 times. So what are those "D" signals going to do for your defense or special teams units? What Belichick did was wrong for sure and as such the team was penalized but its just not that easy to win in the NFL and if you think NE success was all because of those tapes you are in for a rude awaking. This season there were no video tape signals advantage so what are you going to attribute the 19-1 record too just luck or have you already started to dream up the next illegal advantage?

Look if you hate the Pats you should just say that, I can understand that but don't try and invent some lame story like you know all things football because after reading your post it very obvious you really don't know much about the way the game is really played. Not one head coach has givin two sh**s about any video gate advantage why?
Because Real football people know better thats why.
hey bro, whatever helps you sleep at night

the pats got caught cheating, it doesnt matter whether it was a team's A signals or their Z signals...they cheated...and when all things are fairly equal...and talent among various nfl being fairly equal(this year for the pats aside)...knowing what is coming is the BEST advantage you can have...period...end of story...you can spin doctor this anyways you see fit...and you surely will...

and im not attributing all of NE's sucess to cheating...just a fair portion of it, as being 25 years old and having followed the game for several, several years at this point, i realize you cant just cheat your way to titles...but you can sure try and try they did...

i dont hate the pats anymore or less than i hate every other team in the league, as i am a dolphins fan...but i dont care who wins the super bowl unless it is the dolphins...do i like certain teams over others? sure...id rather see the pats cheat their way to the top again over seeing the jets win a title...so your point there is moot...

and after reading all your posts on the topic, its pretty clear you will say or point fingers at whomever you need to deflect blame away from your guys...which to a certain extent is an admirable trait...until you tell me that i dont know what im talking about...then you just become a dick about it

and you know why most coaches arent talking about it? they are too damn busy trying to win legitimately and dont have time to fly kites with urban meyer

jimmyjack - I think you are being very navie here, all due respect, because you are acting like they are the only ones who did it.

Now I'm sure there were some teams that didn't do this, but I would say they are in the minority, not the majority.

Also, when people try to discredit other teams successes in this type of manner, it only comes across as sour grapes.

In other words do yourself a favor and just drop it and move on, it's not worth it.

jimmyjack - I think you are being very navie here, all due respect, because you are acting like they are the only ones who did it.

Now I'm sure there were some teams that didn't do this, but I would say they are in the minority, not the majority.

Also, when people try to discredit other teams successes in this type of manner, it only comes across as sour grapes.

In other words do yourself a favor and just drop it and move on, it's not worth it.
not at all...i understand that cheating happens everywhere!...

its been shown in several of these threads that the broncos and 49ers have also been guilty of cheating

and in no means have i suggested an asterik or taking away their titles or anything silly or ridiculous like that...

they cheated...and if you cheat, i think you should be gone...if goodell had any set of balls, he would have either suspended him for half to a full season or forced belichick to resign flat out...i think the same should have happened to pioli and kraft should have been fined as well...

its not sour grapes...if the dolphins, marlins, heat, panthers or canes were found to be cheating, id be pissed at those individuals responsible and calling for their head just the same...

to me, all the pats had was a minor slap on the wrist and i think if anything, that encourages other teams to see what they can get away with which is not the message the league should be sending

but i agree...it isnt worth running in circles with another pats fan about the same issue as i have enough of them to deal with

not at all...i understand that cheating happens everywhere!...

its been shown in several of these threads that the broncos and 49ers have also been guilty of cheating

and in no means have i suggested an asterik or taking away their titles or anything silly or ridiculous like that...

they cheated...and if you cheat, i think you should be gone...if goodell had any set of balls, he would have either suspended him for half to a full season or forced belichick to resign flat out...i think the same should have happened to pioli and kraft should have been fined as well...

its not sour grapes...if the dolphins, marlins, heat, panthers or canes were found to be cheating, id be pissed at those individuals responsible and calling for their head just the same...

to me, all the pats had was a minor slap on the wrist and i think if anything, that encourages other teams to see what they can get away with which is not the message the league should be sending

but i agree...it isnt worth running in circles with another pats fan about the same issue as i have enough of them to deal with

Actually, Kraft was fined. Kraft is the owner of the Pats; the Pats were fined..???..I believe 250K. Ergo, Kraft was fined.
As to whether the punishment is fitting or not, this is how I look at it. Ultimately it doesn't matter what either of us (or any Pats fans) think.
Because the NFL, just like any other business has written policy as to how they penalize rule violations. I don't know that Goodell has authority to force Belichick to actually resign (I don't know that he doesn't either).
While I recognize your belief that the Pats got off light, I should point out that losing that 1st rd pick is significant. The Broncos and 49ers lost 3rd rd picks one year and 6th rd picks the next.
One thing that I firmly believe is that losing that 1st rd pick put a crimp in Belichick's plan for the coming year. He, of course knew that they would lose some players to FA. He probably speculated that some others might retire due to age or decline in performance. I'm sure he was also looking at how CB heavy this draft is, as well. If you've got 2 1st rd picks in a draft full of talented CBs, you're not going to be too worried as you watch Samuel, Gay, Wilson all hit the open FA market. If you want you can come away with 2 very talented CBs in the 1 st rd.
So...Samuel leaves. Gay leaves.Even Wilson leaves. But one of those prized 1st rd picks is gone. While you have the #7 pick, you don't get to pick again until #62. I think that loss is significant.

Back
Top Bottom