NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over

MattM

Starter
Reaction score
Incredible, if true, considering what happened in the past (i.e., the destruction of evidence before anyone else could see and judge it). I've highlighted what to me is the most interesting part here. Does this leave any doubt that the SB Walkthrough most likely exists and the League is trying to protect the Pats* behind and sweep this under the rug? This is totally outrageous and should be reported by the mainstream media as such. Although you may need to wait until h-e-double hockey sticks freezes over before mainstream media outlets with ties to the NFL (think ESPN) give this story the attention it deserves rather than making excuses for the Pats* as to "everyone else does it", etc.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/sports/football/09nfl.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

Specter Raises New Questions on Spying

Article Tools Sponsored By
By GREG BISHOP
Published: March 9, 2008

Senator Arlen Specter said Saturday that he doubted the N.F.L. would ever talk to Matt Walsh, the former New England video assistant who may have information about the Patriots’ spying tactics.

“I’d like to issue a challenge to the commissioner to make public the extensive exchange of correspondence between the league’s lawyers and Walsh’s lawyers,†Specter, a Republican from Pennsylvania, said in a phone interview after reviewing that correspondence.....

“Any objective or accurate reading of the correspondence would show the N.F.L. is trying to discourage Walsh from coming forward,†Specter said. “Especially the requirement in the letter, where the N.F.L. calls for the destruction of whatever Walsh turns over without any provision for me or anyone else to see it.â€

[mod] Please do not post entire articles. A paragraph or two and the link. Thank you. [/mod]

Two things.

1. This should definately heat up the debate

2. The mods will be informing you not to post an entire article in 8, 7, 6, 5..............

There was no federal or civil law broken so why does he think he's entitled to view anything? Just more of the same old Grandstanding from the Senator.....
Its too bad he hasn't put as much time and energy into fixing the social securty system. Your tax dollars at work as usual.

All this does is reinforced my opinion that Mr. Goodell is one of the sleaziest and arrogant sports commissioners ever.

Two things.

1. This should definately heat up the debate

2. The mods will be informing you not to post an entire article in 8, 7, 6, 5..............

Curious, why are people not supposed to post full articles? Can the site be sued or something?

Curious, why are people not supposed to post full articles? Can the site be sued or something?
Copyright infringement, you can only post a few paragraphs from a story.

As far as getting sued I don't think any author/writer would go to those lengths to try collect civil damages if there are any, but you still need to play within the rules.

Copyright infringement, you can only post a few paragraphs from a story.

As far as getting sued I don't think any author/writer would go to those lengths to try collect civil damages if there are any, but you still need to play within the rules.

Can I just link and highlight what I want to highlight then? I'll go back and fix my original post.

There was no federal or civil law broken so why does he think he's entitled to view anything? Just more of the same old Grandstanding from the Senator.....
Its too bad he hasn't put as much time and energy into fixing the social securty system. Your tax dollars at work as usual.

Whatever gets you through the dark of night, knowing your team are a bunch of dirty cheaters shortly to be exposed for all the world to see. But then again, I guess you'll just go back to rooting for the 'Boys, Steelers, G-Men or whoever you used to root for before 2001 like most of the rest of the Pats* "fanbase"......

Whatever gets you through the dark of night, knowing your team are a bunch of dirty cheaters shortly to be exposed for all the world to see. But then again, I guess you'll just go back to rooting for the 'Boys, Steelers, G-Men or whoever you used to root for before 2001 like most of the rest of the Pats* "fanbase"......

Buffalo's going to the super bowl!!!:sidelol::sidelol:

when the integrity of the league that makes the most money in professional sports is at stake...it deserves attention from the only people who can do something about it...what? you honestly think goodell would police himself? he is the king, the czar, the god of the nfl, he does whatever he wants whenever he wants...and arlen spector is saying...if you allow cheaters(which would cheat millions and millions of dollars from fans) then you, yourself are a cheater and we will call you on it

Can I just link and highlight what I want to highlight then? I'll go back and fix my original post.
Yes, you can edit the quoted portion of your original post, but only up to 2-3 paragraphs depending on the length of the article.

Perhaps the absolute best thing to come out of all of this:

The crying and whining and finger pointing by ALL the Patriots fans. They have been thoroughly exposed, and the end of it isnt even in sight yet.
They can troll all the other sites they want, and deflect and whimper and whine, but bottom line. They cheated, they were caught, the commisioner tried to let them off easy (The real story will break when we find out why) and they (Patriots and Goodell) are going to end up paying in the end.

So much for a dynasty, so much for the golden chosen children, and in my book, couldnt have happened to a more deserving/arrogant fanbase.

Actually, you are wrong .In the state of mass taping a person without hir or her knowledge is a major crime .If this guy has a tape which leads to his conviction under this law he is looking at 10 yrs.

So when is Walsh gonna tell us what he knew, and when he knew it. Spill the beans already so Belichick can get a year or two vacation from the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom