NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over

Perhaps the absolute best thing to come out of all of this:

The crying and whining and finger pointing by ALL the Patriots fans. They have been thoroughly exposed, and the end of it isnt even in sight yet.
They can troll all the other sites they want, and deflect and whimper and whine, but bottom line. They cheated, they were caught, the commisioner tried to let them off easy (The real story will break when we find out why) and they (Patriots and Goodell) are going to end up paying in the end.

So much for a dynasty, so much for the golden chosen children, and in my book, couldnt have happened to a more deserving/arrogant fanbase.

Completely agree on that last sentiment. Funny how the folks who were arrogant, obnoxious loudmouths all year long (most of whom wouldn't know Andre Tippett from Andre 3000) suddenly got quiet when the G-Men kicked their arses last month. Also funny how when you go on ESPN.com or SI.com and read comments after the Spygate stories it's all Pats* fans trying to deflect attention from this and stating it's a non-issue, when fans from every other team in the League just want to see what the truth is here. I think deep in their hearts they know what the truth is and they can't handle the taint that's about to be validated on their franchise. If that walkthrough tape exists, the trophy needs to come back, BB (and anyone on his staff who knew) needs to be gone for life and the Pats* need to be punished heavily on the field going forward (i.e., no draft at all for a year or two). If Kraft had anything to do with it or any knowledge his brethren need to push him out as well. Otherwise this League is no better than the WWF. Personally, the more I read, including Specter's comments this weekend, the more I believe that tape does indeed exist and the NFL and Pats* know it. Goodell's also a smart enough man to know that once it comes out, he's gone as well.....

when the integrity of the league that makes the most money in professional sports is at stake...it deserves attention from the only people who can do something about it...what? you honestly think goodell would police himself? he is the king, the czar, the god of the nfl, he does whatever he wants whenever he wants...and arlen spector is saying...if you allow cheaters(which would cheat millions and millions of dollars from fans) then you, yourself are a cheater and we will call you on it

What integrity? Do all of you Fish fans live in a vacuum? I suggest you pull your head out of the vacuum and read a little.

Completely agree on that last sentiment. Funny how the folks who were arrogant, obnoxious loudmouths all year long (most of whom wouldn't know Andre Tippett from Andre 3000) suddenly got quiet when the G-Men kicked their arses last month. Also funny how when you go on ESPN.com or SI.com and read comments after the Spygate stories it's all Pats* fans trying to deflect attention from this and stating it's a non-issue, when fans from every other team in the League just want to see what the truth is here. I think deep in their hearts they know what the truth is and they can't handle the taint that's about to be validated on their franchise. If that walkthrough tape exists, the trophy needs to come back, BB (and anyone on his staff who knew) needs to be gone for life and the Pats* need to be punished heavily on the field going forward (i.e., no draft at all for a year or two). If Kraft had anything to do with it or any knowledge his brethren need to push him out as well. Otherwise this League is no better than the WWF. Personally, the more I read, including Specter's comments this weekend, the more I believe that tape does indeed exist and the NFL and Pats* know it. Goodell's also a smart enough man to know that once it comes out, he's gone as well.....

Becareful you are close to injuring your blow hole.

What integrity? Do all of you Fish fans live in a vacuum? I suggest you pull your head out of the vacuum and read a little.

That comment, right there, in a nutshell, is what's wrong here. The "everyone does it, no one is pure" argument for rooting out cheating in the League. May as well not even try--"nothing to see here, move along." How pathetic, but no one else is buying it.....

That comment, right there, in a nutshell, is what's wrong here. The "everyone does it, no one is pure" argument for rooting out cheating in the League. May as well not even try--"nothing to see here, move along." How pathetic, but no one else is buying it.....

Your comments are really the nutshell of all of it. All you are concerned with is penalizing the patriots you just don't have nads enough to admit it but you aren't fooling anyone. You couldn't give a rats pooper about the integrity of the league and just like the senator all hide behind the integrity cheer.

Open you eyes and smell the roses there hasn't been integrity in the league for along time. Either you cant read, don't know how to comprehend what you read or are just plain in denial of the facts.

These links are from another post here by Late again. Try reading these and then perhaps you can have an intelligent conversation on the subject void of your usual name calling rants.

Heres your league integrity

2) Denver
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

3) San Francisco
http://www.boulderpublishing.com/spo...a382023a.shtml

Also an interesting article written by a former NFL DT concerning cheating in the NFL.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Cheating-in-the-NFL&id=735234
and they should have been picked on by the government too...cheating is cheating is cheating, i dont ****ing care who does it, get them the hell out of the league...

if all the games are rigged "smart guy"

then whats the ****ing point in watching?:up:

These links are from another post here by Late again. Try reading these and then perhaps you can have an intelligent conversation on the subject void of your usual name calling rants.

2) Denver

3) San Francisco

Also an interesting article written by a former NFL DT concerning cheating in the NFL.

I did read these--penalize them all if they cheated. How is that possibly an excuse for what the Pats* have done? Only to a NE fan does that make any sense. What, everyone does it, so don't bother to go after anyone who cheats? That makes absolutely zero sense, outside the Boston area, to anyone without a vested interest here in hiding the truth, but that's what it seems to keep coming back to for Pats* fans. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'll ask this straight up, since I never seem to get a straight answer from Pats* fans on this one--what if Walsh produces a SB 36 walkthrough tape? What should be the punishment handed down in your eyes? Let's get this on the table right now so that you can weasel out of this later when and if it happens. You've heard my views on it.

If my team did anything like this I'd be ashamed of it and rip them a new one. For ex., OJ Simpson was a god in my household when I was growing up. That doesn't mean for one minute that I condone anything he's done over the last 15 or so years. I believe that he did what he was accused of and should have gone to jail for a long time, if not for life. I don't let my homerism get in the way of what's right and what the facts are. Funny how all we get out of NE is excuses for either why the Pats* are being persecuted or a set up for why they didn't actually do it when a tape does show up ("Ohh, he must have acted on his own if a tape does exist"--that's horse**** and we all know it) or how "it all didn't really affect the games anyway" (which begs the obvious question of "if it didn't help, then why do it?"). Garbage, all of it.

I did read these--penalize them all if they cheated. How is that possibly an excuse for what the Pats* have done? Only to a NE fan does that make any sense. What, everyone does it, so don't bother to go after anyone who cheats? That makes absolutely zero sense, outside the Boston area, to anyone without a vested interest here in hiding the truth, but that's what it seems to keep coming back to for Pats* fans. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'll ask this straight up, since I never seem to get a straight answer from Pats* fans on this one--what if Walsh produces a SB 36 walkthrough tape? What should be the punishment handed down in your eyes? Let's get this on the table right now so that you can weasel out of this later when and if it happens. You've heard my views on it.

If my team did anything like this I'd be ashamed of it and rip them a new one. For ex., OJ Simpson was a god in my household when I was growing up. That doesn't mean for one minute that I condone anything he's done over the last 15 or so years. I believe that he did what he was accused of and should have gone to jail for a long time, if not for life. I don't let my homerism get in the way of what's right and what the facts are. Funny how all we get out of NE is excuses for either why the Pats* are being persecuted or a set up for why they didn't actually do it when a tape does show up ("Ohh, he must have acted on his own if a tape does exist"--that's horse**** and we all know it) or how "it all didn't really affect the games anyway" (which begs the obvious question of "if it didn't help, then why do it?"). Garbage, all of it.

Man you're so on point it's amazing!! And you're a Bills fan, with the legendary Dick Jauron at head coach...CAN WE TRADE FOR JUST A DAY?????:sidelol::sidelol:

Besides let's all be real about this. No matter what happens with Walsh it's not going to change anyone's opinion.

Most of you already assume the Pats are done and wrong and should have everything stripped. If Walsh produces everything you think he has, then it just proves your opinion. Which really, matters none since you all take it as fact already regardless. If Walsh produces nothing, you'll say that the NFL and the Patriots got the evidence and destroyed it and nothing is accomplished.

So what's the difference if he talks or not?

As to your question about Matt Walsh I can't give you an answer. I'd like to know a bit more back ground on the man but my initial feeling is he's not the most credible man. What he has and how he got it along with who ordered him to do it will all be questions for debate. Questions that there will be no way to prove one way or the other juat as we have now with Clemens and his trainer. He said He said.

Pioli released statements as to why he was fired which his attorney denied but I didn't hear his attorney off up a reason to why he was fired but the fact is he was fired. When Pioli released his statement did you believe him? I'll bet you said he was lying yet you seem willing to accept anything Walsh will say as fact. Why is that? Don't you believe he is just as capable of lying as either belichick or Pioli?

Heres what bothers me about Walsh he has this so called tape or tapes yet he he didn't come forward to the league in sept when the S*** hit the fan with video gate. Instead he goes to ESPN obvoiusly to sell his "evidence" and as part of his get rich scheme he wasts ESPN to offer indeminity.

What was his real position with the organzation and would that position have made him the guy Belichicks orders went to or was he someone who could of had the opportunity to do something such as this on his own?

What was his reason for stealing properity of the NE patriots and the NFL to begin with back in 03?

What is the real reason for his dismissal as an employee of NE Patriots?

I believe the answers to those questions are as important as what he has for tapes.

So the things we can assume just from those few questions are
1)Walsh is a thief (no doubt he is in possession of stolen properity) and
2) he's also an extortionist/blackmailer (his reason to deal with ESPN instead of the league office)

So tell me why it is your belief I should just take him at his word? I know you're going to say that Belichick already admitted to cheating so he can't be taken at his word but doesn't the same hold true for Walch? He's a thief who obviously had some unknown reason to steal NE Properity.

Anyway I don't believe the commissioner will do anything further in this case. Goodell is a smart man and he knows that the mere presence of tapes isn't going to give him irrefutable evidence that anyone on the NE staff ordered the tapes. NE has said it has witnesses (co workers) that told Pioli walsh was secretly recording conversations he had with Walsh. Do you suppose Walsh has any witnesses that can testify they heard belichick order him to tape this walk thru? With out some one to corroborrate his story I don't think there is much the commisioner can do under present policy. So in the end where exactly will this lead us besides nowhere? Its not going to change anything.. you already believe Belichick is guilty as accussed and you're always going to believe that so what is the point in having this trial?

I believe the only interest the commisioner has is to get what ever Walsh has and destroy it and move on from this. Its in his as well as the leagues best interest to do so.

Actually, you are wrong .In the state of mass taping a person without hir or her knowledge is a major crime .If this guy has a tape which leads to his conviction under this law he is looking at 10 yrs.

Seems pretty severe. Who put that law on the books. Teddy Kennedy?

2) Denver

3) San Francisco

Seems integrity was maintained. Both teams were punished and this last paragraph by the former player validates what all of us are demanding, namely justice:

"I feel that teams that cheat need to be punished and punished severely. Besides being fined and penalized with losing draft choices. Your team should automatically lose the game too. Coaches caught cheating should be suspended without pay for the season, or even fired. There has to be a system in place where the consequences of cheating are so severe that teams will not risk getting caught. It is sad that it has to come to this but cheating cannot be tolerated."

Seems integrity was maintained. Both teams were punished and this last paragraph by the former player validates what all of us are demanding, namely justice:

"I feel that teams that cheat need to be punished and punished severely. Besides being fined and penalized with losing draft choices. Your team should automatically lose the game too. Coaches caught cheating should be suspended without pay for the season, or even fired. There has to be a system in place where the consequences of cheating are so severe that teams will not risk getting caught. It is sad that it has to come to this but cheating cannot be tolerated."

Well if you look at what the NFL has applied justice to the 49ers and the Broncos who even got caught twice I'd say the punishment the Patriots received was consistant with exsistng league ploicy.

If the commisioner wants to change the punishment for future violations I don't have a problem with that but the 32 teams should be provided with the new policy ahead of time not after the fact.

ouch!

Back
Top Bottom