NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Wants Ability to Destroy Whatever Walsh Turns Over

MRNFL: The problem with your argument about Walsh's chacter is it is a deflection of the real issue. Reguardless of his intentions or how he came about the tape. The question is, is the tape authentic? I understand your questions about Walsh and I even agree with you about them but that does not relieve the Patriots from explaining those tapes.

In response to your comments about Goddell not being stupid enough to incriminate the leauge over he said, she said type of accusations.......... The problem with that is this is not being played out in a criminal courtroom, this is being tried in the court of public oppinion. The rules you are trying to evoke to protect your team are only making the situation look worse for them.

You can argue that your team is being singled out and picked on because the rest of America is envious of the greatness that you have achieved up there all you want.

Open you eyes and smell the roses there hasn't been integrity in the league for along time. Either you cant read, don't know how to comprehend what you read or are just plain in denial of the facts.
And your point is? Let me tell you what I am asking you in a nutshell. How does what other teams do effect the patriots and their current situation?

MRNFL: The problem with your argument about Walsh's chacter is it is a deflection of the real issue. Reguardless of his intentions or how he came about the tape. The question is, is the tape authentic? I understand your questions about Walsh and I even agree with you about them but that does not relieve the Patriots from explaining those tapes.

In response to your comments about Goddell not being stupid enough to incriminate the leauge over he said, she said type of accusations.......... The problem with that is this is not being played out in a criminal courtroom, this is being tried in the court of public oppinion. The rules you are trying to evoke to protect your team are only making the situation look worse for them.

You can argue that your team is being singled out and picked on because the rest of America is envious of the greatness that you have achieved up there all you want.

All this assumed that he has a tape even though remember he has never said so.It was a rumour from boston hearld so if the tape does not exist then what happens.?

Well if no evidence is provided then life will go on. ^

It doenst mean they Patriots are no longer tainted however, as Bellicheat admitted to taping since 2000.

I want the truth as much as the rest of the fans but If I'm in a situation where its one mans word vs anothers you bet each of those individuals credibility are at issue. Call it what you want (i.e. defelction..whatever) but to me if you have shown a past history of deceit and lies I'm not going to just take you at your word. If you want to be believed you'll have to provide someone that can corroborate your story.
I also believe his intentions and how he came to posses the so-called alleged tape/tapes could directly tie into their authenticity. Why do you think the NFL has spent the last 30 days doing a back ground check on Mr walsh? Does that tell you they have confidence that he's a truthful man, because it doesn't make me feel that way.

So anyone who accuses you of something is to believed as long as its not in a courtroom? I think you are wrong about this being tried in the court of public opinion and find your assertions that therefore it doesn't require any burdon of proof as a very simplistic view. Anything less than a reasonable burdon of proof applied to Walsh could very well make this a courtroom case.[/quote]

You cann argue that your team is being singled out and picked on because the rest of America is envious of the greatness that you have achieved up there all you want.

Perhaps thats your feeling but I haven't ever said that so please don't try and put words in my mouth. You do bring up an interesting point but thats a different argument.

Heres a long article published today by the Boston globe which by the way was the same paper who first printed the walk thru allegations. It doesn't make me feel like Walsh is this great stand up guy which should be taken merely at his word.

To some, a vindictive videotaper
Patriots ex-aide and accuser Walsh portrayed as calculating, bitter

All this assumed that he has a tape even though remember he has never said so.It was a rumour from boston hearld so if the tape does not exist then what happens.?

Well then people will run around looking for other stuff. Maybe they can get a tape of Belichick kicking puppies or something like that. We all know nobody else has ever kicked a puppy.

And your point is? Let me tell you what I am asking you in a nutshell. How does what other teams do effect the patriots and their current situation?

Perhaps you had better go back and read this thread from the start. That way you can get my past replies to a specfic post in the proper context that they were given.

I've got to be honest with you. The few Pats fans that continue to post here are actually not of that mindset. In fact they've agreed 100% that what Belichick did was wrong. What more can a fan do?

I've got to be honest with you. The few Pats fans that continue to post here are actually not of that mindset. In fact they've agreed 100% that what Belichick did was wrong. What more can a fan do?

The few pats fans that continue to post here are whistling past the cemetery. They fail to realize that this is probably the worst thing that can happen to a team you follow. It's not about finally admitting what the cheater did was wrong and brushing it off demanding everyone else to move on. The taint is forever. The ish you pats fans spewed through the years boomeranged.

The few pats fans that continue to post here are whistling past the cemetery. They fail to realize that this is probably the worst thing that can happen to a team you follow. It's not about finally admitting what the cheater did was wrong and brushing it off demanding everyone else to move on. The taint is forever. The ish you pats fans spewed through the years boomeranged.

This is actually funny because I'm not a Pats fan. I'm a Dolphins fan.
I know what you're saying about the crap that some Pats fans dumped on everyone else. I say some though. Because it's not the entire fanbase. I have a long time friend who I met on college who is a life long Pats fan. All the give and take between us over the years has been in fun. My niece's husband is another. He's a great guy and we get along just fine.
As to posters on this board; I've noticed that the Pats fans who came here just to talk smack have long since departed. After they lost the SB they checked out. The few that have stuck around are just wanting to talk football. After all is said and done, what is it you want a fan to say? After a guy says, yeah they cheated; it's ugly and it was wrong, there's really nothing left to say beyond that.
Ultimately, it will be yesterday's news. No one still talks about the Broncos and no one still talks about the 49ers.
In fact an observation of my own is just how quiet Steve Young has been. This is a guy who loves to hear himself talk. But he knows that his SB ring has dirt on it as well.
As for me, I don't really get anything out of belaboring a point to the extent that some do. It happened. The entire franchise and fanbase is embarrassed by it. Once the Walsh question mark is resolved; for me anyway it'll be time to move on.

I want the truth as much as the rest of the fans but If I'm in a situation where its one mans word vs anothers you bet each of those individuals credibility are at issue. Call it what you want (i.e. defelction..whatever) but to me if you have shown a past history of deceit and lies I'm not going to just take you at your word. If you want to be believed you'll have to provide someone that can corroborate your story.
I also believe his intentions and how he came to posses the so-called alleged tape/tapes could directly tie into their authenticity. Why do you think the NFL has spent the last 30 days doing a back ground check on Mr walsh? Does that tell you they have confidence that he's a truthful man, because it doesn't make me feel that way.

So anyone who accuses you of something is to believed as long as its not in a courtroom? I think you are wrong about this being tried in the court of public opinion and find your assertions that therefore it doesn't require any burdon of proof as a very simplistic view. Anything less than a reasonable burdon of proof applied to Walsh could very well make this a courtroom case.

Perhaps thats your feeling but I haven't ever said that so please don't try and put words in my mouth. You do bring up an interesting point but thats a different argument.

Heres a long article published today by the Boston globe which by the way was the same paper who first printed the walk thru allegations. It doesn't make me feel like Walsh is this great stand up guy which should be taken merely at his word.

To some, a vindictive videotaper
Patriots ex-aide and accuser Walsh portrayed as calculating, bitter[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, it was the Boston Herald's John Tomase who reported the walk through, but don't let the facts get in the way of the story--the Globe has effectively been Kraft's mouthpiece through it's writer Reiss (as in his "Reiss's Pieces" columns), so that explains this "deep investigative journalism" which Mike Florio of PFT called (tongue in cheek I suspect) "mildly pro-Patriot". What are they afraid of that they're smearing this guy so?

In terms of some of your other arguments re: why did Walsh go to ESPN to try to sell his story. Fact is, he didn't. Reporters came to him last fall, but he gave them nothing for attribution until late Jan., although he apparently hinted at what he had even then. If he'd wanted to kick the Pats* in the nads in the fall he could easily have done that. Neither I nor anyone else is sure why he's coming forward now, althought perhaps it's because he's been emboldened by Specter or even because he's sick of seeing people he knows cheat prosper--never too late to develop a conscience. In terms of it all being a "he said, she said" if he has a SB walkthrough tape, dream on, pal. If that happens, it's over for BB and the Pats*--no one in their right mind would believe that this guy did this on his own no matter how much they're trying to spin that story right now. In that case it's "game over, man"......

Actually, no, it was the Boston Herald's John Tomase who reported the walk through, but don't let the facts get in the way of the story--the Globe has effectively been Kraft's mouthpiece through it's writer Reiss (as in his "Reiss's Pieces" columns), so that explains this "deep investigative journalism" which Mike Florio of PFT called (tongue in cheek I suspect) "mildly pro-Patriot". What are they afraid of that they're smearing this guy so?

In terms of some of your other arguments re: why did Walsh go to ESPN to try to sell his story. Fact is, he didn't. Reporters came to him last fall, but he gave them nothing for attribution until late Jan., although he apparently hinted at what he had even then. If he'd wanted to kick the Pats* in the nads in the fall he could easily have done that. Neither I nor anyone else is sure why he's coming forward now, althought perhaps it's because he's been emboldened by Specter or even because he's sick of seeing people he knows cheat prosper--never too late to develop a conscience. In terms of it all being a "he said, she said" if he has a SB walkthrough tape, dream on, pal. If that happens, it's over for BB and the Pats*--no one in their right mind would believe that this guy did this on his own no matter how much they're trying to spin that story right now. In that case it's "game over, man"......

So I see the League and Patriots have now added the globe to the great conspiracy. LOL So the league got together with the pats and the globe who then went out and found 30 co-conspirators all of which new walsh just to do the league a favor. Now it all makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

:up:

I view Walsh as a man with an ax to grind.
We've seen NOTHING from Walsh and in fact there is not 1 quote driectly from walsh himself stating specifially he has a walk thru tape. It's all been reported thru anonymous sources yet anything thing you've read is the truth, well anything bad that is. You've already made up your mind before any actual evidence if there is any has been brought forward and If something is written that isn't favorable to your point of view well then you use the "its part of a "conspiracy" insinuation to explain it off.

And you talk about the globe spinning a story.

:sidelol:

So I see the League and Patriots have now added the globe to the great conspiracy. LOL So the league got together with the pats and the globe who then went out and found 30 co-conspirators all of which new walsh just to do the league a favor. Now it all makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

We've seen NOTHING from Walsh and in fact there is not 1 quote driectly from walsh himself stating specifially he has a walk thru tape. It's all been reported thru anonymous sources yet anything thing you've read is the truth, well anything bad that is. You've already made up your mind before any actual evidence if there is any has been brought forward and If something is written that isn't favorable to your point of view well then you use the "its part of a "conspiracy" insinuation to explain it off.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: at you and your team.

Walsh and his lawyer and the NFL's lawyer are about to settle this once and for all. Once he is legally protected from the Pats (hes going against the most powerful organization in the most powerful sport in the world btw other than the NY Yankees in MLB) ...the truth will out.

NFL Network reported everything is imminent. Everything will unfold in the next month or 2 and you can say goodbye to your so called "dynasty"

His lawyer has said he has tapes--don't believe me, go look it up. Was in all the stories about 2 weeks ago. Whether it's the SB tape, we'll see. Whoa be you and the Pats* if he does as noted above.

On the press, for anyone following the story it's no secret that the Globe has been carrying the Pats* water on this via Mr. Reiss. for ex., he's the guy they gave the exclusive BB interview with a couple of weeks ago--you only do that to a friendly media outlet (think George Bush and Fox News if you will.) One that doesn't ask pesky questions (like the Globe didn't in that case).

This is actually funny because I'm not a Pats fan. I'm a Dolphins fan.
I know what you're saying about the crap that some Pats fans dumped on everyone else. I say some though. Because it's not the entire fanbase. I have a long time friend who I met on college who is a life long Pats fan. All the give and take between us over the years has been in fun. My niece's husband is another. He's a great guy and we get along just fine.
As to posters on this board; I've noticed that the Pats fans who came here just to talk smack have long since departed. After they lost the SB they checked out. The few that have stuck around are just wanting to talk football. After all is said and done, what is it you want a fan to say? After a guy says, yeah they cheated; it's ugly and it was wrong, there's really nothing left to say beyond that.
Ultimately, it will be yesterday's news. No one still talks about the Broncos and no one still talks about the 49ers.
In fact an observation of my own is just how quiet Steve Young has been. This is a guy who loves to hear himself talk. But he knows that his SB ring has dirt on it as well.
As for me, I don't really get anything out of belaboring a point to the extent that some do. It happened. The entire franchise and fanbase is embarrassed by it. Once the Walsh question mark is resolved; for me anyway it'll be time to move on.

late again, I wasn't calling you a pats fan I just quoted your post to make counterpoints. My "you pats fans spewed" quote was directed towards them.

I hear what you're saying about going back and forth with life long friends because we all go through that. It's genuine and sometimes warranted.

But at the height of their so-called dynasty, message board pats fans developed an elitist attitude and let us have it year in year out. Yeah, many have disappeared but some remain and you know who you are.
So being a sports fan having that competitive nature, every chance I get I'm going to remind them of the 2001 to 2007 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom