NFLDC 2-round mock 2/1/08 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLDC 2-round mock 2/1/08

Yeah cept Dan Connor is still there at 32 and we go James Hardy?...No way no how.....ESPECIALLY if we go Chris Long.

Hah, for that matter Gosdar, Fred Davis and Sam Baker are still on the board..and we go James Hardy?

Sorry, dont like ANYTHING about it cept for Chris Long

uh i dono what u looked at but conner was gone at 31 not 32.

thats why miami should tak tethe 22 and 28 pick cuz u can get Cromartie at 22, WIlliams the LT at 28 and a LB, a TE, a DE at 32. TE davis wont be our guy i doubt it. BP likes BIG wr that can BLOCK and CATCH. Davi sis short at 6 3 but not sure how he blocks so i wont judge on that yet. Expect miami to go with Cottam or carlson type of TE. esp since cottam should be there in the 3rd round

I like the Hardy pick, we are going to need someone for Beck to throw the ball to.

i LOVE hardy. amazing, just AMAZING hands, and great height/redzone option.

I'd be happy with:

1. Chris Long/Sedrick Ellis
2A. James Hardy/Fred Davis
2B. Antoine Cason/or Best CB available
3. BPA (possibly Flacco

First off, there's no way we don't make some kind of trade involving either the 1st or 32nd pick. Or both.

Secondly, there's no way we pass up Chris Williams, Gosder Cherilus, Sam Baker, Tracy Porter, Joe Flacco, and Ahtyba Rubin for James Hardy.

And third, there's no way we pass up Philip Wheeler for Anthony Collins. Who's gonna play inside linebacker for us if we don't draft Wheeler? We are making the switch to a 3-4 defense. That means we need LBs and a NT. I suspect we will draft both Wheeler and Spencer Larsen.

But the Chris Long pick is probably right if we don't trade down.

Also, a mock draft prior to free agency is useless.

A better idea is to start putting together the names of players you like for each round. That way you can simply cross guys off depending on who we sign.

For example, if we sign Isaac Sopoaga to play NT, then you can cross off Sedrick Ellis, Red Bryant, Ahtyba Rubin, and Maurice Murray.

First off, there's no way we don't make some kind of trade involving either the 1st or 32nd pick. Or both.

Secondly, there's no way we pass up Chris Williams, Gosder Cherilus, Sam Baker, Tracy Porter, Joe Flacco, and Ahtyba Rubin for James Hardy.

And third, there's no way we pass up Philip Wheeler for Anthony Collins. Who's gonna play inside linebacker for us if we don't draft Wheeler? We are making the switch to a 3-4 defense. That means we need LBs and a NT. I suspect we will draft both Wheeler and Spencer Larsen.

But the Chris Long pick is probably right if we don't trade down.

I would take Hardy over Flacco any day. Rubin, too.

I'd take Cherilus/Davis/Carlson/Sims over Hardy if it worked out how they have it, and I'd take Cason with the other 2nd rounder.

uh i dono what u looked at but conner was gone at 31 not 32.

thats why miami should tak tethe 22 and 28 pick cuz u can get Cromartie at 22, WIlliams the LT at 28 and a LB, a TE, a DE at 32. TE davis wont be our guy i doubt it. BP likes BIG wr that can BLOCK and CATCH. Davi sis short at 6 3 but not sure how he blocks so i wont judge on that yet. Expect miami to go with Cottam or carlson type of TE. esp since cottam should be there in the 3rd round

Yeah, my point was that if he was still there are 31 (I did screw that up obviously) I would do everything in my power as a GM to obtain him :up:

I believe WR is just as much a need as a "ball hawking DB" or any other need we have other than DLineman.

John Beck needs a WR to help his growth as a QB. Just having Ted Ginn and Derek Hagan won't cut it. He needs another big physical WR who can catch the ball. Maybe we get that in FA? I don't know.

We're not taking a QB in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft. If we did, I'd be pissed. There's no need to. John Beck is a much better prospect than any of those 2nd tier QBs (QBs other than Matt Ryan and maybe Brian Brohm).

Anthony Collins would be a good pick, but I wonder about the value. Could he be gotten in the 3rd round? I love Jeff Otah. If we traded down for our 1st pick, I'd love to get him with a DT in the 1st round.

I agree with you Finole. We're going to trade somewhere in this draft. I believe we have a better shot at getting good value in return for the #32 pick rather than the #1 pick.

I agree with you Finole. We're going to trade somewhere in this draft. I believe we have a better shot at getting good value in return for the #32 pick rather than the #1 pick.

Excellent point. Until someone like a Dan Connor or Aqui Talib slips down this far, we should trade the pick. We could probably land another 2nd without dropping down too far or atleast another 3rd. Very best case scenario is that a team falls in love with a Fred Davis or such and trades us a 1st next year for the 32nd (i.e. Dallas/Cleveland). I doubt that would happen but hey, you never know!

Back
Top Bottom