NFLDC updated mock 3/9/09 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLDC updated mock 3/9/09

With Peria Jerry still on the board i would scoop him way before Matthews IMHOthe way that anderson played at the end and the siging of wake we are pretty good at OLB maybe one of the 2nd round picks but not first IMO

why does everyone want white hes a waste of a pick and frankly the wildcat is a dead offense its not producatbel anymore everyone knows hoe to defend it

I think Parcells will pick a NT over Pat White. Quite possibly Terrance Thomas. If White is around in the third, maybe.

why does everyone want white hes a waste of a pick and frankly the wildcat is a dead offense its not producatbel anymore everyone knows hoe to defend it
When you run the same play from that formation over and over it is easy to defend. When you add someone like White who can run or pass it opens a lot of options.

Is it just me or would anyone else be pretty upset if we passed on Vontae Davis at 25?

I don't want White before the third round. I siad some time ago that I wouldn't mind Tebow for the wildcat, but the way the FA has gone, I wouldn't want to waste a high draft pick on someone who would play occasionally in the wildcat. I'd rather draft if not a possible starter, then someone who can be come in and at least play nickel.

The more I think of it, the more we need a CB (DJ Moore or Sean Smith) with our 1st, a rushing LB/DE with our second (maybe Barwin if he is still there at 44) and a NT or WR with the 3rd.

That mock would be a nightmare draft scenario, Patriots take Sintim at 23 and the Falcons take English at 24. Hopefully one of those two are still on the board because I don't want Matthews in the first.

Love the Darius Bulter pick

Pat White is an interesting pick, he could be a boom or bust in the wildcat but I dont think he'll go in the second round because not enough teams IMO will even consider him a first day pick. Especially since he hasn't worked out at WR yet.

I'd like this a whole lot more;
L. English or Sintim
C. Butler
P. White

That is a nice pick, but it would be hard for me to pick Clay Matthews over Vontae Davis in the first, especially since we have a gaping hole in our secondary.

I'm not in favor of drafting Pat White, but if we did; def. coordinators everywhere would have nightmares trying to figure out how to stop us. Pat White would make our offense more dynamic then we've ever seen. We could line up Ronnie to take the snap, while White is lined up as a wideout (this would take Pennington off the field). We could run the reverse, reverse pass (so many other options too). Or line up White in shotgun formation, defenses wouldn't know if its the wildcat or a regular formation. There is so much this offense could do if we draft White, it would be an entertaining offense to watch.

Matthews- Tweener with non-stop motor/poor in coverage. Don't they already have that in Roth?

3/4 of his notes are about his family. I hope the draft doesn't go down like this.

If we take Matthews with Vontae Davis, James Laurinaitis and Hakeem Nicks still available I will be pissed. I don't want the 3rd best LB at USC with our first round pick!

Pat White is a huge reach at 56 as well.

1. clay matthews
2a. ron brace
2b. sean smith
3. louis murphy
4. gerald cadogan
5. antonio appleby

Well, you could say the same thing about Reggie Bush. Same coaching staff. Same guys going up against him in practice. What is he now? 3rd string on the Saints?

And how has Leinart done lately?

I think he starts.:up:

Back
Top Bottom