Nick Saban just retired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban just retired

I never liked or respected him because of the lies he told in Miami before leaving for Alabama. Yet he has been one of the best college coaches of all time.

I’m not surprised with his retirement because it was reported before the season that the Saban’s had purchased a retirement home in Florida near Jupiter. The fact he is likely going to retire in Florida is funny because supposedly one of the reasons he left the Dolphins was because his wife didn’t like living in Florida.

Just a little bitch,huh!!

Wouldn’t want to be the guy that follows him.
Agreed. Its going to be a brutal task following in Saban's footsteps.

As much as I was dismayed at him leaving Miami like he did... he really has become the G.O.A.T. college football coach. Even surpassing the great Bear Bryant.... and as an Alabama Fan, I never though that would have been possible.

Back when Nick was a DB at Kent St., he was defensive teammates with NFL great Jack Lambert. Lambert played mostly defensive end at the time. They used to work security at concerts in the Cleveland area for rock bands, etc. They did security for Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones one time. A crazed fan tried to throw acid on Mick Jagger and their middle linebacker at the time just destroyed the guy and Mick Jagger ended up hiring him as his body guard - which caused Kent. St. to then have a huge hole at linebacker. Which is how Jack Lambert ended up moving to linebacker and the rest is history.

Extremely grateful to Coach Saban and Miss Terry for facilitating the greatest run in college football history. Now it's time for Nick to leave one of the things he loves most, to take care of his first love and the thing he does love most - Miss Terry.

His coaching legacy will live on throughout the SEC and all of college football through all of the programs that now employ his disciples.

Roll Tide, aight.

#NickSabanAllStars

Back when Nick was a DB at Kent St., he was defensive teammates with NFL great Jack Lambert. Lambert played mostly defensive end at the time. They used to work security at concerts in the Cleveland area for rock bands, etc. They did security for Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones one time. A crazed fan tried to throw acid on Mick Jagger and their middle linebacker at the time just destroyed the guy and Mick Jagger ended up hiring him as his body guard - which caused Kent. St. to then have a huge hole at linebacker. Which is how Jack Lambert ended up moving to linebacker and the rest is history.

Extremely grateful to Coach Saban and Miss Terry for facilitating the greatest run in college football history. Now it's time for Nick to leave one of the things he loves most, to take care of his first love and the thing he does love most - Miss Terry.

His coaching legacy will live on throughout the SEC and all of college football through all of the programs that now employ his disciples.

Roll Tide, aight.

#NickSabanAllStars
While I am no Saban fan because of the way he left the Dolphins. I have no problem admitting that he was a great college HC and Alabama was lucky to have him.

The next HC to replace him is going into a job in which nothing less than near perfection is going to be expected by Alabama fans.

Alabama went through some difficult years in football after Bear Bryant retired and before Saban was hired. While Alabama certainly has a lot to offer to the next coach they hire. Some of the top tier head coaching candidates might not want the job simply because replacing a legend like Saban is almost a no win situation
unless he delivers a NC within a year or two.

Being the HC who replaces the HC hired after Saban would be a better situation IMO.

And as expected, everyone who is even remotely mentioned as a candidate is now getting contract extensions and *paid*. It's nice when Jimmy Sexton is the agent for all of them. :D

Would have gotten dicey if DeBoer turned them down. Listening to Seattle radio right now and they're losing it.

Back
Top Bottom