NL East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NL East

MikeO said:
and how in the hell is Florida even in the discussion for best pitching staff in baseball? Seriously?

Al Leiter sucks! AJ Burnett still hasn't recovered fully from his arm injury. Dontrell Willis is OK, not great, not terrible.....OK. Beckett is good of course. But that's it. Really, they arent' even one of the top 5 pitching staffs in baseball let alone the best.

And I like the Marlins. Out of all of the NL teams if I had to have a rooting interest in one they would be it. But they are far from a great pitching staff.

Give me the Marlins pitching staff any day of the week over the Mets.

I mean, I just don't understand how you could be so excited over a bunch of average starters who outside of Pedro and Glavine (both of whom are on the downside of their career) haven't done anything in this league. When you have Zambrano and Traschel on your staff, two guys whom even Tampa Bay decided not to keep around, your in trouble.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Give me the Marlins pitching staff any day of the week over the Mets.

I mean, I just don't understand how you could be so excited over a bunch of average starters who outside of Pedro and Glavine haven't done anything in this league. When you have Zambrano and Traschel on your staff, two guys whom even Tampa Bay decided not to keep around, your in trouble.

Traschel is a very good pitcher. You want to debate Zambrano fine. But you can't debate Traschel is a good pitcher.

The Marlins staff I have no confidence in sorry. Al Leiter has nothing left. Burnett isn't 100%. D-Train as you call him is up and down. Even Beckett was only a .500 pitcher last year and he's your ace!

Outside of Beckett who on the Marlins has done anything? And don't give me Al Leiter from 7 years ago, he is washed up now.

if you ever want to start a radio show, let me know. It would be pure gold as we agree on almost nothing!

MikeO said:
Traschel is a very good pitcher. You want to debate Zambrano fine. But you can't debate Traschel is a good pitcher.

The Marlins staff I have no confidence in sorry. Al Leiter has nothing left. Burnett isn't 100%. D-Train as you call him is up and down. Even Beckett was only a .500 pitcher last year and he's your ace!

Outside of Beckett who on the Marlins has done anything? And don't give me Al Leiter from 7 years ago, he is washed up now.

Leiter is washed up, I agree, but so isn't Glavine. Give me Beckett and Willis, and a recovering Burnett over Pedro, Traschel and Zambrano.

MikeO said:
if you ever want to start a radio show, let me know. It would be pure gold as we agree on almost nothing!

Yeah really. :lol:

I don't get it, I respect your opinion, but I just don't see that rotation like you do apparently.

Although, that isn't entirely true, we're both Dolfans and Big East fans. And we both want to see Nova beat UNC in the sweet 16.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Leiter is washed up, I agree, but so isn't Glavine. Give me Beckett and Willis, and a recovering Burnett over Pedro, Traschel and Zambrano.

Pedro, Glavin, Benson, Traschel is their top 4. I will take those 4 over Beckett, Willis, Burnett, and Leiter.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Yeah really. :lol:

I don't get it, I respect your opinion, but I just don't see that rotation like you do apparently.

Although, that isn't entirely true, we're both Dolfans and Big East fans. And we both want to see Nova beat UNC in the sweet 16.

By the way nice showing by the Celtics tonight. Down 17 in the fourth quarter to the KNICKS! :lol: And the Knicks are without Kurt Thomas their best front court player. Still down 17!

and I never said the Mets were going to make the playoffs or win the NL East or anything. Cause their everday lineup blows in all honesty. But just from a pitching perspective their starting 5 is outstanding and probably the best in MLB.

MikeO said:
By the way nice showing by the Celtics tonight. Down 17 in the fourth quarter to the KNICKS! :lol: And the Knicks are without Kurt Thomas their best front court player. Still down 17!

The Celtics are playing like garbage tonight. Doesn't take away from the fact that they have been one of the hottest teams in the league the past month. And I still like our chances to make some noise in the playoffs. As far as the Knicks, like you said in a previous thread "even a blind squirrel can get lucky and find a nut."

MikeO said:
and I never said the Mets were going to make the playoffs or win the NL East or anything. Cause their everday lineup blows in all honesty. But just from a pitching perspective their starting 5 is outstanding and probably the best in MLB.

I couldn't disagree more, but there's no way we're ever going to see that rotation in the same way.

I mean on paper, they aren't even top 5 in the league.

MikeO said:

Yea that was a poor performance. Celtics haven't one 6 straight away from home since '85 and had the C's won it would have been a season sweep so I had a feeling that the Knicks would come away with one tonight.

MikeO said:
The Cubs and Red Sox are alredy banged up and its only March. Guys like Miler, Prior, and Wood are out for a month at least probably more!

HEY MIKEO!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?:eek:

FinsForLife007 said:
HEY MIKEO!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?:eek:

What, Prior, isn't out indeffinatly? Miller isn't out the first month of the season? And Wood isn't missing time now and that will carry over into the season? What part of any of this is incorrect, please tell.

Back
Top Bottom