NL East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NL East

Fischfan13 said:
What rotation?
Or shall I say...
What proven rotation?
Their starters are too questionable.

How about Beckett, who has already won a World Series. Also, D-Train is more of a sure thing than Smoltz (as a starter) at this point. If Burnett regains anywhere near his previous form, THAT front end of the rotation can shut down any lineup, especially the Braves.

Also, I love how you mention the proven rotation thing. Who in the NL East has a more proven rotation? The Braves throw out Hudson, then they come out with Smoltz who hasn't started in a long time, can he take the innings?? Horatio Ramirez is just about as proven as anyone on this message board. And that isn't even mentioning Mike Hampton. :lol: You gotta be kidding me.

The Mets have Pedro, who will have a good year, but then it goes downhill from there. They have Glavine who is washed up. And any rotation that sends two former Tampa Bay Devil Rays out on the mound can't be proven. However, I do happen to think that Victor Zambrano is going to break out this year. But you can't call that rotation proven. Kris Benson hasn't proven anything outside of the baseball wasteland that is known as Pittsburgh.

I'll stick with the Marlins rotation, thank you very much...

I'll stick with the Marlins rotation, thank you very much...

Who is giving the Marlins 200 innings?
Josh Beckett???...LMAO, the guy has never pitched more than 157 innings in one season.
Al Leiter???...He pitched one game all last season of 8 innings..and that was in May.
Dontrelle Willis has the best chance...but if he keeps his ERA above 4, as he did last season, then I wouldn't worry.

Glavine and Benson will give the Mets 200+ innings...and Pedro will be close.
Don't laugh at Benson, the kid will soon be the ace of this staff.

Hudson, Smoltz, Hampton and Thomson are MUCH MUCH better than the Marlins staff.

Again, look at the big picture...
Beckett has done nothing and has thrown no innings since the WS season.
Pavano is gone.
Leiter is washed up.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
How about Beckett, who has already won a World Series. Also, D-Train is more of a sure thing than Smoltz (as a starter) at this point. ...

No on D-Train. No, No, No! Just No. Smoltz is just a better pitcher on every level. D-Train is more media hype than anything else. A nice 4th pitcher in the rotation, but he isn't anything special.

Fischfan13 said:
Who is giving the Marlins 200 innings?
Josh Beckett???...LMAO, the guy has never pitched more than 157 innings in one season.
Al Leiter???...He pitched one game all last season of 8 innings..and that was in May.
Dontrelle Willis has the best chance...but if he keeps his ERA above 4, as he did last season, then I wouldn't worry.

Glavine and Benson will give the Mets 200+ innings...and Pedro will be close.
Don't laugh at Benson, the kid will soon be the ace of this staff.

Hudson, Smoltz, Hampton and Thomson are MUCH MUCH better than the Marlins staff.

Again, look at the big picture...
Beckett has done nothing and has thrown no innings since the WS season.
Pavano is gone.
Leiter is washed up.

If the Marlins rotation is healthy (big IF) they are very good. Problem is Burnett will never be the same. Beckett has a history of breaking down at some point in the year. Leiter is done. D-Train is an ok pitcher, but not very good. The Marlins pitching hinges on the health of Burnett and Beckett. Period end of story.

MikeO said:
No on D-Train. No, No, No! Just No. Smoltz is just a better pitcher on every level. D-Train is more media hype than anything else. A nice 4th pitcher in the rotation, but he isn't anything special.

I'm not saying hes better than Smoltz, but I'm saying he is more of a sure thing to stay consistent. How do you know Smoltz can handle being a starter again. D-Train is a nice pitcher, not great but solid. I'm saying if I had to pick one that was more of a sure thing for putting up decent numbers, my money is on Willis. You just don't know how Smoltz is going to react, he could be tremendous or he could be garbage...

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I'm not saying hes better than Smoltz, but I'm saying he is more of a sure thing to stay consistent. How do you know Smoltz can handle being a starter again. D-Train is a nice pitcher, not great but solid. I'm saying if I had to pick one that was more of a sure thing for putting up decent numbers, my money is on Willis. You just don't know how Smoltz is going to react, he could be tremendous or he could be garbage...

Smoltz has a CY YOUNG in his home saying he can handle it.

Willis is a .500 pitcher at best who if he didn't have a funny looking delievery wouldn't get 1/3 of the press he recieves.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Yeah, your point? That doesn't prove to me anything about how he is going to react THIS year.

Well, D-Train's history is he is a average to below average pitcher. Smoltz history is he is a great hall of fame pitcher. I don't see that changing this year.

MikeO said:
Well, D-Train's history is he is a average to below average pitcher. Smoltz history is he is a great hall of fame pitcher. I don't see that changing this year.

Alright, well I could see that changing this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO
Smoltz has a CY YOUNG in his home saying he can handle it.

Yeah, your point? That doesn't prove to me anything about how he is going to react THIS year.

THIS YEAR?
You are questioning Smoltz but trying to ride Beckett on a playoff series from several years ago.
Ya can't have it both ways.:shakeno:
Either you preach Beckett's past AND Smoltz' past...or talk about neither.
The Marlins possibly have the third best rotation in the NL East...not the best, and not the second best.

Fischfan13 said:
THIS YEAR?
You are questioning Smoltz but trying to ride Beckett on a playoff series from several years ago.
Ya can't have it both ways.:shakeno:
Either you preach Beckett's past AND Smoltz' past...or talk about neither.
The Marlins possibly have the third best rotation in the NL East...not the best, and not the second best.

We already went over this buddy. Everyone in the NL East has question marks. Hell EVERYONE in baseball has question marks the season hasn't even started.

IF all teams stay healthy, the Marlins have the best 1-2 punch in the division with Beckett and Burnett. End of story, byebye now. Don't even try and tell me Kris Benson :roflmao: is on the same level as either of those two.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
We already went over this buddy. Everyone in the NL East has question marks. Hell EVERYONE in baseball has question marks the season hasn't even started.

IF all teams stay healthy, the Marlins have the best 1-2 punch in the division with Beckett and Burnett. End of story, byebye now. Don't even try and tell me Kris Benson :roflmao: is on the same level as either of those two.

No, but Glavin is. And I think Hudsen and Smoltz is the best 1-2 punch in the NL East.

MikeO said:
No, but Glavin is. And I think Hudsen and Smoltz is the best 1-2 punch in the NL East.

HAHA, please. Glavine s*cks. They guy is completely washed up. And suprise suprise, we disagree again. What else is new?

I'm not about to conclude that Hudson and Smoltz are the best 1-2 in the division when one of them hasn't been a starter in a couple years.

Beckett and Burnett?
When was the last time either one of these guys gave their team 200 innings?
When was the last time Burnett even pitched 150 innings?
These two guys aren't even in the top half of the NL is any category in the past few seasons....yet, you my pal, have already anointed them as the top 1-2 in the NL East.
I'm done with you...
Obviously, you are a kid who is a homer for a few guys who haven't pitched much in the past few seasons.
Forget about Hudson and Smoltz...
Hudson and Thomson are better...
Glavine and Benson are better...and neither one of them is the ace of the Mets staff.

Fischfan13 said:
Beckett and Burnett?
When was the last time either one of these guys gave their team 200 innings?
When was the last time Burnett even pitched 150 innings?
These two guys aren't even in the top half of the NL is any category in the past few seasons....yet, you my pal, have already anointed them as the top 1-2 in the NL East.
I'm done with you...
Obviously, you are a kid who is a homer for a few guys who haven't pitched much in the past few seasons.
Forget about Hudson and Smoltz...
Hudson and Thomson are better...
Glavine and Benson are better...and neither one of them is the ace of the Mets staff.

A Homer??? AHAHAHA. I could care less about the NL East. :lol: That has got to be the stupidest comment in the world to someone who has an avatar that reads "Boston Red Sox."

Read my last post buddy, I said "If EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY." Which would mean that Burnett and Beckett would pitch the amount of innings you specified.

Glavine and Benson, AHAHAHA. And I'm a homer???

Back
Top Bottom