No CBA means bye bye CAP foever | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No CBA means bye bye CAP foever

I would hate to see a lockout, Argg they really need to get a deal done, I'm getting nervous :couch:

WHy wont the NFL just up it to 57.5% and say "that's our final offer!" IF one side bends a little, the other side will as well. Unless they are as sick as I think they are..Greedy *******s!

It's really funny the players wouldn't agree seeing it's half the good veteran players in the league are about to be released. They must be thinking there will be no cap next year and that slaries will go up way more. The year after that a lockout will happen if no agreement is made without a doubt. Too little too late for those about to the get the axe, who are some good players.

I guess Gene Upshaw misssed what happened in Hockey. All mouth by the NHLPA and after being locked out for a year they came back and got a** whipped by the owners. The President of the NHLPA got removed by the players. Looks like a forshadowing of what's about to come.:boohoo:

In the future, I think they'll look at this as a mistake. THey'll think, "it just went too far and did more hurt than good". I hate that band-Genie and the Upshaws.

Players want 60%

Owners will give 56%

Hmmm isnt there a number between those....say 58%? That way both sides look like they came out on top

PhinSoldia said:
thats Gene Upshaw being an A** and to be honest he is pissing me off because he is the one with all the mouth saying all of this stuff trying to dictate where the meetings will go and its just backfiring. if this dont get done i would sue him if i was the players

Keep ion mind, the players all stood together on this deal, Upshaw only represents their interests as an official. The players have probably been discussing this for some time now.

Alex22 said:
Players want 60%

Owners will give 56%

Hmmm isnt there a number between those....say 58%? That way both sides look like they came out on top

upshaws not budging.

Keep in mind this is also three way negotiations. Large market teams, small market teams, and NFLPA. Meaning that small market teams will not allow the CBA to get extend without revenue sharing. It takes only 8-9 team owners to axe a proposal from the NFLPA. The small market teams already said that if the new proposal does not include revenue sharing they would not agree to the deal. Revenue sharing is not even on the agenda for today's discussions.

The problem with 56% is that the players aren't really getting it because there are some cheap owners who won't use their cap or anywhere near it (Bidwell comes to mind).

I think Upshaw is playing this right. If this goes through, he's apparently going to decertify the union, too.

I want there to be a cap, but I feel good about Miami's position within the league if the cap disappears. Wayne has shown he has the deep pockets.

The owners need to budge they are making a killing off the players. "The owners don't bring people to the stadium the players do." Quoted from a friend who is a NFL official ( he told me this today). A salary cap limits what a player can make even though he is what brings the money in, but the cap doesnt limit the owners. The players are fine with a cap but just want a better percentage. They all get payed to much but that is our fault!

The owners should not budge. Of course they are making a lot of money, that is why they chose to buy the team. This is a business for them, and in business the goal is to make money. The owners have a lot more at stake, they have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into their team, or course they should get a high return. The players are making more than enough money, they are not the ones with all the money invested. If the players don't like their millions of dollar contracts they do not have to play football they can work and try to make their millions other ways. And it would not be good for the fins if there is no salary cap because there are teams with deeper pockets and have proved in the past they will sign anyone possible (ex. daniel snyder)

NCDolphinfan said:
The owners need to budge they are making a killing off the players. "The owners don't bring people to the stadium the players do." Quoted from a friend who is a NFL official ( he told me this today). A salary cap limits what a player can make even though he is what brings the money in, but the cap doesnt limit the owners. The players are fine with a cap but just want a better percentage. They all get payed to much but that is our fault!

Tell me one corporation who shares their wealth with their employees like the NFL does. Do you see any of the automakers sharing even 1% of their fortune? How about Microsoft? Sony? P & G? etc... In all businesses, it's the employees which makes the owners/CEOs the money. It'e the employees who make the difference.

With the NFL, yes, the owners make buku bucks... but wasn't it their risk when they ventured into this business that they'll be rolling in the dough? Would any of the players give some money back if the owners go bankrupt? I don't think so...

I'm not defending the owners, because it's the owners who make me cry at the ticket office. It's the owners who make me broke at the concession stand. It's the owners who insist on giving the rich all of the perks at the stadium while us true fans sit in hard plastic seats. I'm just trying to see both sides from an objective point of view...

abcdef said:
The owners should not budge. Of course they are making a lot of money, that is why they chose to buy the team. This is a business for them, and in business the goal is to make money. The owners have a lot more at stake, they have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into their team, or course they should get a high return. The players are making more than enough money, they are not the ones with all the money invested. If the players don't like their millions of dollar contracts they do not have to play football they can work and try to make their millions other ways. And it would not be good for the fins if there is no salary cap because there are teams with deeper pockets and have proved in the past they will sign anyone possible (ex. daniel snyder)

Exactly! Does anyone want a NY Yankee type team in the NFL? A team that can afford to overpay all the great players and dominate the league? (On a sidenote, that might be what Mr. Huizenga could do!) But I don't want that. A competetive NFL is what it's all about, and what's so good about the game of NFL football.

Back
Top Bottom