No CBA means bye bye CAP foever | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No CBA means bye bye CAP foever

Bellson said:
they definitely need to get something done and keep the cap. But if all else fails, I don't know why all of you are panicing. Ol' Wayne definitely has the finances to become the Steinbrenner of the NFL.

There isn't going to be one Steinbrenner in the NFL -- there are going to be 5-10 teams that dominate. Sadly, the Patriots will be one. The Redskins and Cowboys will be there, too. Miami should be within that group as well.

big0mar said:
everything i wrote is the rule of the NFL with no salary cap regarding free agency and will be in effect in 2007 unless a new CBA is reached. as for what will happen if the union decertifies, im not a psychic. NOTHING I STATED IS SPECULATORY.

Yes, what you wrote is speculative. You are speculating that the union will stupidly continue to exist when it is not in the interest of the players for it to continue to exist. That is a bad speculation. The answer if you don't want to speculate is that we don't know what will happen.

Jimmy James said:
Yes, what you wrote is speculative. You are speculating that the union will stupidly continue to exist when it is not in the interest of the players for it to continue to exist. That is a bad speculation. The answer if you don't want to speculate is that we don't know what will happen.

the rules regarding the top 8 teams signing UFA has nothing to do with the Union. same thing for the length a player must be in the NFL before becoming an UFA.

big0mar said:
the rules regarding the top 8 teams signing UFA has nothing to do with the Union. same thing for the length a player must be in the NFL before becoming an UFA.

Tell that to the DoJ when they bring the antitrust case against the league.

[mod] Personal attacks are not allowed here. Please read the TOS. [/mod]

Jimmy James said:
Tell that to the DoJ when they bring the antitrust case against the league.

if you believe the DOJ will tell the NFL how many UFAs a top 8 team can sign, and how many franchise/transition tags a team is permitted, you are an idiot.

big0mar said:
if you believe the DOJ will tell the NFL how many UFAs a top 8 team can sign, and how many franchise/transition tags a team is permitted, you are an idiot.

You need to read the TOS.

I'm no antitrust expert, but I know the basic premise. I also know what smells like collusion usually is collusion. Football doesn't have baseball's antitrust exemption.

Jimmy James said:
You need to read the TOS.

I'm no antitrust expert, but I know the basic premise. I also know what smells like collusion usually is collusion. Football doesn't have baseball's antitrust exemption.

who do you suggest is in collusion. what is this TOS you speak of?

Jimmy James said:
Let's examine this bit of wisdom, shall we?

2005 - White Sox
2004 - Red Sox
2003 - Marlins
2002 - Angels
2001 - Diamondbacks
2000 - Yankees
1999 - Yankees
1998 - Yankees
1997 - Marlins
1996 - Yankees

Out of the 10 years there, we have had one of the two teams you identified win 5 of the 10 championships.

Now, let's compare that to the NFL

2005 - Steelers
2004 - Patriots
2003 - Patriots
2002 - Bucs
2001 - Patriots
2000 - Ravens
1999 - Rams
1998 - Broncos
1997 - Broncos
1996 - Packers

As you can see, two teams also won half of the championships in 10 years in the NFL.

I'll also note that the Marlins actually have the second most championships over the past 10 years, not the Red Sox. In fact, it's hard to figure out how the Red Sox figure into all of this.

Don't think the same comparisons can be made to small market NFL teams and small market MLB teams in an uncapped free agency. In baseball you have a vast minor league system that alow teams like the A's to stay competitive with a large pool of cheap and young players to develop. The small market NFL teams don't have this option unless they expand NFL europe, or expand rosters, and/or have exclusive rights to draft picks for 6+ years.

Alex22 said:
Also in the future there will be no Draft according to John Clayton

That means guys out of college like Reggie Bush would just go the the highest bidder

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WHAT? Even the MLB has a draft. That is crazy. The nfl is going to ****. Owners, just cave already.

big0mar said:
who do you suggest is in collusion. what is this TOS you speak of?

TOS

In general, argue the point, not the person making it.

Who would be colluding? The owners of the 32 corporations we're speaking of would sure look to be colluding if they actually tried to determine what their employees/contractors could and could not do by agreement of the 32.

If we're dealing with individuals and not with a collective bargaining situation, explain to me how they can apply any of those rules without collusive behavior.

big0mar said:
what is this TOS you speak of?

The Terms Of Service are the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined the website. They are located here: TOS

big0mar said:

What are you talking about ? After the uncapped year 2007, if there is no labor agreement, there will be no such thing as UFA or FA or franchise tag or any of that. All that is dictated by the CBA (collective bargining agreement).

Eshlemon said:
Don't think the same comparisons can be made to small market NFL teams and small market MLB teams in an uncapped free agency. In baseball you have a vast minor league system that alow teams like the A's to stay competitive with a large pool of cheap and young players to develop. The small market NFL teams don't have this option unless they expand NFL europe, or expand rosters, and/or have exclusive rights to draft picks for 6+ years.

Player would become UFA after 6 years as opposed to 3 or 4 as it is now.

NFL players can and will be replaced
lickity split
if the NFLPA wants to take it that far?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
problem
everyone can retire, the NFL owners will set a new cap of 50 million dollars and with 3 years be back to where they were making even more of a profit.

The NBA learned, the NHL learned, the NFL already learned
apparently they have forgot
and need to be taught again
upshaw will be out of a job with 3 years

sn9ke.eyes said:
What are you talking about ? After the uncapped year 2007, if there is no labor agreement, there will be no such thing as UFA or FA or franchise tag or any of that. All that is dictated by the CBA (collective bargining agreement).

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom