No CBA means bye bye CAP foever | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No CBA means bye bye CAP foever

Jimmy James said:
There will be no draft. Rookies go to the highest bidder.

"...Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria."

nopony said:

:sidelol:

Nice quote, man. :)

big0mar said:
THE BALANCE OF THE LEAGUE WILL NOT BE SCREWED UP!

THERE WILL STILL BE REVENUE SHARING!

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS?

What does that have to do with balance?

If Snyder's playing 200 million dollars worth of players and Minnesota's playing 80 million dollars worth of players... who cares about revenue sharing, still unbalanced.

nopony said:

22588GhostbustersPosters-1.jpg

nopony said:

If Snyder's playing 200 million dollars worth of players and Minnesota's playing 80 million dollars worth of players... who cares about revenue sharing, still unbalanced.

BINGO

Forget about Minnesota, though. The real issue is going to come with Green Bay. They'll probably have just enough talent to compete in the CFL under this scheme.

Jimmy James said:
:sidelol:

Nice quote, man. :)

Your quote made me think of it. Pretty appropriate to the board today.

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the CBA was shut off by ******** here.
Tagliabue: They wanted 4% more!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: Tagliabue has no ****
Tagliabue: Jeez!
[Charges at Venkman]
Mayor: Break it up! Hey, break this up! Break it up!
Tagliabue: All right, all right, all right!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Well that's what I heard!

nopony said:

First, if Snyder is playing with 200 mil worth of players, he is overpaying. The free agent pool will be seriously diminished. Second, if there is revenue sharing, every NFL team will be able to afford a competetive roster. There will be no KC Royals of the NFL, and if there are, it will be due to poor management.

no cap is a good thing, i could give a damn about balance in the league, free market economics is what it is all about, i hope we have cash

big0mar said:
First, if Snyder is playing with 200 mil worth of players, he is overpaying. The free agent pool will be seriously diminished. Second, if there is revenue sharing, every NFL team will be able to afford a competetive roster. There will be no KC Royals of the NFL, and if there are, it will be due to poor management.

To the first part... exactly. See Steinbrenner, George and Red Sox, Boston.

To the second... again, look at baseball. they have revenue sharing, too. And they have to talk about mandatory MINIMUMS.

Some owners will try to get by on the least they can, be David against Gooliath every year... and some will try to be Goliath.

Jimmy James said:
BINGO

Forget about Minnesota, though. The real issue is going to come with Green Bay. They'll probably have just enough talent to compete in the CFL under this scheme.

Please explain to me how the Chicago White Sox, ANaheim Angels, and FLa Marlins all won world series. How do the Minnesota Twins and Oakland As continually stay competetive in the MLB.

Also, please explain why the quality of play in the NFL has been so poor and why the league itself has been unstable. Why is Kyle Orton fighting Rex Grossman to start for the Chicago Bears. Why were there 10 coaching changes this offseason.

Jimmy James said:
The players aren't the ones who are going to have it bad -- the owners are the ones who aren't going to have any control over what other owners do to screw up the balance in the league.

The players still will not have "guaranteed" money, but they will have a longer wait to hit free agency and smaller bonuses. Also, they will lose their 401K plans, benefits, and little bonuses like workout $$$. I'm sure they will not go hungry but not getting this done will hurt.

Owners won't be hurt by the balance in the league getting screwed up....the fans will.:boohoo:

big0mar said:
Please explain to me how the Chicago White Sox, ANaheim Angels, and FLa Marlins all won world series. How do the Minnesota Twins and Oakland As continually stay competetive in the MLB.

Also, please explain why the quality of play in the NFL has been so poor and why the league itself has been unstable. Why is Kyle Orton fighting Rex Grossman to start for the Chicago Bears. Why were there 10 coaching changes this offseason.

None of this has anything to do with the point I just made, so I will not explain random topics to you any more than I would expect you to explain to me:

- Why the sun shines
- How Castro came to power
- What makes a TV work
- How paper is made
- Why helium is lighter than air

big0mar said:

Your 100% right about the Marlins, White Sox, & Angels winnng world series. I disagree with the quality of play in the NFL being poor. It's as good as ever. THis is really the only year in a while that a team which wasn't so dominating won the Super Bowl. However, I can't argue with you about the crappy quality of QB's in the league. We've seen our fair share of those!:confused2:smackhead:oldman:

big0mar said:

The world series teams you mentioned didn't have low salaries...

And the Twins and As are amazingly run franchises. Good on them.

But the math is clear here, history says you're wrong. Being a small money team is a huge disadvantage over being a big money team. Both history and common sense will tell you that.

Back
Top Bottom