No team since 2016 has a better record than the Dolphins in one-score games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No team since 2016 has a better record than the Dolphins in one-score games

I don’t know. Sometimes I think Gase wants to be seen as a predictable idiot and lull the other team into complacency. We saw how that played out when Landryreversed course on the end around.

Ditto on those WR screens. If the WR blocked they should net as second and five or better. Then every play in the playbook is on the table.

As fans we might not like the nickel and dime offense but it is what we run. Stay in the game, let them think they know what we are going to do, and win at the end. Stupid like a fox.

If the mark of a good team or good coaches is winning the close games. Well, Gase is proving to be very good at this. Maybe when we start plugging some of the holes in the team, we'll finally be able to blow some teams out. Until then ... I'm very pleased with Gase and our always underestimated team. Work in progress ... but I'm enjoying the wins.

I'll take close wins any day. Brady made a name for himself winning Super Bowls by a field goal. Bring in moss and welker and dominate the entire league all season to be sent home empty handed by the 8-8 Giants....

I know it's cliche, but football is a game of inches. Doesn't matter if you can usually blow out a team. Any given Sunday heart can give you that 3 point win.

Hoops calls him a + 2 game a year coach. It looks like this year he might be a +3 to 4 coach.

I agree that no team wants to continually win close games, and I am sure Gase, staff, and players are working hard to start winning pulling away, but the reality of the NFL, most games will be close.

Miami being the best in that stat only goes to tell you this team is far closer to being a championship team then any of us even think.

I know I continually say this, but if Tannehill was our QB...only one team right now would be working on be team #2 to go undefeated, and untied.
I want to "continually win close games" ... That means I'm continually winning games.

Kinda reminds me of Wanny's style in his time here. I remember him saying "keep it close, wear them down and win it in the 4th"... That **** just caused heart palpitations for me.

If the mark of a good team or good coaches is winning the close games. Well, Gase is proving to be very good at this. Maybe when we start plugging some of the holes in the team, we'll finally be able to blow some teams out. Until then ... I'm very pleased with Gase and our always underestimated team. Work in progress ... but I'm enjoying the wins.

Exactly right!! It is the mark of a good team.

Back
Top Bottom