No Way Miami Trades Up In The Draft...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Way Miami Trades Up In The Draft......

scottieUK

Starter
Reaction score
..........coz the Browns will out bid anything Miami can offer.

The Browns have two 1st round picks. The Colts stay at 1 and take Luck, the Rams trade with the Browns and then pick Blackmon at 4, the Browns therefore get RGIII at 2.

So, IMO, Miami need to get Flynn or do what no one seems to want, draft a lower round qb. Personally, I wanted to trade up, but the Browns have too much to offer.

I now hope Miami go after Flynn.

Counterpoint, how do you know that the Browns will try to trade up? That team is pretty much devoid of talent. I think it is much more likely that Holmgren will try to sign Matt Flynn (a west coast offense QB) and use his picks to scoop up talent to fill Cleveland's many glaring holes.

All of this makes sense, but some teams further back may take out second and third mortgages on the farm..
That 2nd spot is going to go to the highest bidder.

Vikes could steal Blackmon away if the Rams did that, but Khalil would be a good consolation. Cle could very easily roll the dice that RG3 would slip to them at 4 and then get leapfrogged by a more aggressive team. Part of me would rather we trade back and gain assets for Barkley next year, but that's unrealistic as teams with uncertain situations can't play the long game.

If we can't trade up for Luck or Griffin, I would like to see us just take Weeden with the 9th pick.

You may tar and feather me now.

simple solution, i would just tank this season and draft barkley next year.

I don't think you can spend a 1st rd pick on a guy who will only be in the league for 5 years max. Weeden can't be your 1st rd pick, he can't start immediately, and his upside is limited. You'd be better off trading the pick for Flynn.

As things sit, we could trade down a few picks and still get someone like Decastro and add picks for depth elsewhere. Heck, we could get someone like Chris Polk around #15, an immediate impact player.

If Ireland is still with us we'll draft a RT at 9

Ozzy rules!!

I say the phins pick up Flynn in FA... let him know that he's the guy so he'll come here. Trade Matt Moore, whose stock has peaked, to the Browns and swap firsts, so we can pick up Blackmon with the 4th overall pick. Draft a TE like Fleener in the 2nd, and a project QB like Foles or Cousins in the 3rd. Pick up additional FA's at the positions of S, LB and OL and or do BPA at those spots in the later rounds of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if Fisher goes to the Rams and Ross talks the new GM and coach into throw a couple 1sts at em, maybe a wr (not marshall).

I say the phins pick up Flynn in FA... let him know that he's the guy so he'll come here. Trade Matt Moore, whose stock has peaked, to the Browns and swap firsts, so we can pick up Blackmon with the 4th overall pick. Draft a TE like Fleener in the 2nd, and a project QB like Foles or Cousins in the 3rd. Pick up additional FA's at the positions of S, LB and OL and or do BPA at those spots in the later rounds of the draft.
If all of this happens, I would be very happy!!

Back
Top Bottom