Nolan Carrol Another Good Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nolan Carrol Another Good Game

I don't know what you were watching?
The only time I saw him get beat, he had good coverage and the receiver just made a good catch.
Believe me after the first few weeks, I was one of his biggest critics, but
got to give credit to him.
He has really improved.
I don't know what game you're watching but LIVE you can tell he was getting beat like a drum. They picked on him the most on the last drive. S. Smith didn't play too good either. I'm surprised we struggled so much against these receivers.

they were playing off today and then they tightened up at LOS. Set um up a little.

Misi did not set the edge well at all on long run on first set of downs.

Our secondary is not weak, they just tend to give up yards, but they dont break often. Holding teams to 18pts on avg. thats with 30 points in first game. 13 last week. 14 this week. Trend is building.

Everyone knows teams will throw on the CB opposite Smith. It happened again today. Our pass was average at best and that was with a solid pass rush.

they were playing off today and then they tightened up at LOS. Set um up a little.

Misi did not set the edge well at all on long run on first set of downs.

Our secondary is not weak, they just tend to give up yards, but they dont break often. Holding teams to 18pts on avg. thats with 30 points in first game. 13 last week. 14 this week. Trend is building.
Exactly.
I never said that Carrol was the reincarnation of Darrel Revis, but he is improving every week and not giving up the big play.
Alot of times the safety has responsibilty on some of the balls over the middle that you may be blaming him for.
I think at this point he is an upgrade over Marshall.

Carroll was like a db version of Clyde Gates. He was a great athlete with exceptional speed who learned how to play the game at the NFL level and we saw what that looked like. But he grew and you could say that he's now arrived to he at least an average Starting CB. He was a 5th round pick who, with time, has far exceeded his draft position. It's easy to give Ireland mad props but I think he just got lucky with a late round pick.

Back
Top Bottom