Not a good draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not a good draft...

Fighting back tears of joy. I'm no draft expert but 35 years of being a dolfan has taken a toll and then some; I give this draft an A.

The Patsies officially became on notice the moment Raekwon the Chef was picked. Tommy Boy you have been marked for pain and punishment.

Fins Up!!!!!

Damn Click bait. :chuckle:

Great draft. One of the best I've witnessed in many many years.

Amazing draft guys. A draft that actually fixed holes.

We are coming for New England baby! Got to feel great about the direction this team is heading.

The offseason has seen Miami get more physical and improve (on paper) in virtually every weak spot. Harris could very well be the best pass rusher to come out of this class. Yes, I doubt he plays full-time in year one and he has a lot of work to do in the run game. But if he get 10 sacks will anyone complain? Plus, you can see he has physical strength. I think it's just a matter of technique work.

McMillan was exactly what this team needed and suddenly the linebacking core doesn't look so bad.

Loved the Asiata pick. A physical, tough offensive guard is again exactly what this team needs.

Safety and help in the slot were missing, but with all the needs the Dolphins had something had to give. And we may not challenge NE right away, but got to feel like we are on the way.

The thing I like about our new OG is his hunger and maturity.
He is going to be a good one.

Day 3 put this draft over the top. Unbelievable value round 5 - 7. I'm very happy. I was a bit bummed out reading about ESPN bashing Miami's first two days. The 2017 draft has the potential to see all of the players selected contribute Day 1. Asiata and McMillan are going to be in the starting lineup and everyone else should get significant playing time in sub packages. I think Ford will surprise and at the very least make the practice squad.

Plus...we still have all of our picks next year!!!!!

I'm happy with this one:)

:lol: Good bait and switch there. I wasn't happy with it until today, but now I'm extremely happy with it.

I think it was a great draft, not only because of the players we picked but also the fact we didn't trade away future picks as we did last year. Keep on mind that we're not getting any comp picks in the 2018 draft so we need our picks to keep building. We actually got Tampa's 7th rounder next year which gives us 3 in that round. I know it's only the 7th but I'd rather have picks in any round not to not have enough. If you really want to build thru the draft then you keep your picks and we did that.

Ozzy rules!!

Asiata will be a really good one, he was my fave guard coming in, to get him in the 5th is tunsil like luck, thankfully because without that luck tanny would have been getting wrecked again, they waited way too long to address it in this draft considering how long they have let tanny get run over without trying to help him. I wouldn't have minded seeing us trade future 4ths or 3rds and our 7th to pick up elder and king, would have really helped this year as those positions are lacking pretty bad as starters and those were extremely valuable late round picks. I gave it a f grade after the 3rd round, now i'd give it a c considering how deep of a draft it was, how many amazing prospects fell so far, and our refusal to even look at offered trades back when that was what we needed most.

Despite not trading future picks to pick up elder and king which would have made this a b for me, i really liked the draft post round 3, asiata was the steal of the draft imo, at least for us, and doubling down on good dts in the 5th and 6th was really smart considering they will both learn from suh(their fave player) and how thin our dline was, which went from thin to thick from last year to this. This lets them either go either way with jordan based on his production. Was def not a fan of the first round pick especially because of the refusal to look at trade offers and still undecided on the third rounder, however the rest of the picks were good to great(asiata). So those two picks and the refusal to look at trade down offers nets it a c for me.

I'm all for being a fan of the team, but people need to be realistic about all the moves and not just cheer everything that happens regardless, that is what kept sparano and philbin employed for so long, almost everybody cheered/ were positive about both of those for a long time despite how bad things obviously were. Just saying be realistic, that way you don't set yourself up for big dissapointment or are too suprised if things go bad/good, look at everybody pick/move seperately and judge them accordingly, doing that will make you the happiest as a fan and won't get you miserable if things go philbin. Trust me, I'm a red sox fan, if you are too fanatical about things that are out of your control, it can really mess you up, remember, it's just a team to be a fan of, it shouldn't affect you a great deal in your life.

This is how you build a team. Solid drafting and using free agency to supplement. Thank goodness the years of trying to win by spending the most money in free agency appear to be over.

Back
Top Bottom