Not Miami related, but is going to be a problem for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not Miami related, but is going to be a problem for Miami

I'm not worried about it. Seems like a nice fit, big bad Henry w/ big bad Baltimore, but he's an older back and we've seen how that tends to go. We also don't play them and the AFC North looks like one of the toughest divisions, they will all be beating up on each other all year. We just need to worry about the Browns for one game. If we are worrying about any of them in the playoffs then that will be a good problem.

Henry slowed down last year but the Ravens just got a lot better with him in the backfield.

Big deal, if Achane proves to be the real deal, I like what Miami will get with a young Achane, then a one foot out the door, heavily beaten Henry.

Nah, he will go the way of Dalvin Cook who fell off a cliff last year.
I wouldn't be so quick to write him off yet. He doesn't rely on speed as much as other backs, he could have another year or two in him and it wouldn't shock me.

I posted that a smart team would take him. It is a plus move.

I appreciated that WV always talked about plus traits. The issue with plus moves is that unless you win the Super Bowl fans condemn everything.

The Ravens expended so much energy last season it will be interesting to see what reservoir remains in 2024. They are in regression logic, after rising from 10 wins in 2022 to 13 in 2023.

Strongly disagree here. I'd wager good money the Ravens are going to regret this contract.

When the wheels come off a RB, it does not happen gently or gradually. Derrick Henry is so far overdue for a steep decline it's actually kinda fascinating. His decline started last year, with the exception being the last game of the season, when he just beat the hell out of Jacksonville all by himself. Other than that game, his YPC was better than the league average just twice in the second half of the season.

What amazes me is that it took this long to occur. Derrick Henry has led the league in rushing attempts every year but one since 2019. The year he didn't lead the league is the year he broke his foot. There aren't many big, bruising RB who last long in the NFL. Earl Campbell had six good years of heavy use, and his production fell off a cliff at age 29. Eric Dickerson had seven, and his production fell off a cliff at age 30. Todd Gurley had four, and his production fell off a cliff at age 26.

Derrick Henry had six consecutive good years of heavy use, and he turned 30 earlier this year. People forget that Todd Gurley is younger than Henry. Not when he was done playing; right now.

Maybe Henry is a space alien, and he'll have another strong year. But I doubt it. And thank God Miami isn't taking the risk on him.

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off yet. He doesn't rely on speed as much as other backs, he could have another year or two in him and it wouldn't shock me.

Not to be a richard, but it's pretty well known that one of the best ways to defend Henry is quite literally to not let him get up to speed. Once his burst is gone, he'll be gone.

He'll be a bigger version of Gus the Bus for them who they lost to LA in free agency

Lots of short TD runs for sure. Edwards had 13 rushing TD's last season

Not to be a richard, but it's pretty well known that one of the best ways to defend Henry is quite literally to not let him get up to speed. Once his burst is gone, he'll be gone.
Well his days of getting over 1,000 yards are prob gone but I can see him getting 10tds and 800 yards, which at his age is still very productive.

That’s what many don’t seem to realize.

Whenever Lamar faces a legit defense that can force him to have to make quick reads and/or throw outside the numbers, it doesn’t typically go so well.

Let’s not forget, Lamar fell victim to the cover zero blitz a few seasons ago. No legit elite level QB should have trouble beating 101 coverage with no safety help for an entire game.

Lamar is great when the run game is winning and he’s throwing when he wants to and not when he has to, and further when he can throw to the middle of the field or on the run once a play has broken down.
Until he plays the dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom